Can't buy Bioshock 2 (JP)

PillowGamer

Hi there,

Please let me know if you need pictures to understand what I'm talking about.

Ok so. I want to stack the JP version of Bioshock 2. I was able to buy Bioshock without problems on a sale but when I try to buy Bioshock 2 it just takes me to where I need to enter my credit card number. I have more than enough money on my account to be able to buy the game. No I don't have PS+ on the account but that shouldn't matter. Why should it?

Thank you for any insight.

6 minutes ago, PillowGamer said:

Hi there,

Ok so. I want to stack the JP version of Bioshock 2. I was able to buy Bioshock without problems on a sale but when I try to buy Bioshock 2 it just takes me to where I need to enter my credit card number. I have more than enough money on my account to be able to buy the game. No I don't have PS+ on the account but that shouldn't matter. Why should it?

Bioshock 2 is rated cero Z, which basically means you can NOT use psn credit to buy. Games with that rating require a purchase method that validates your age (like a credit card).

sadly the solo stack for Bioshock 2, does not have a physical release. The physical Japanese Bioshock collection loads the global older list 😕

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KaosGamesStore said:

Bioshock 2 is rated cero Z, which basically means you can NOT use psn credit to buy. Games with that rating require a purchase method that validates your age (like a credit card).

sadly the solo stack for Bioshock 2, does not have a physical release. The physical Japanese Bioshock collection loads the global older list 😕

This^

Z Rated games require a Japanese Credit or Debit Card for age verification, due to local laws regarding the purchase of violent content so no JP Credit/Debit Card = no purchase :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, KaosGamesStore said:

28 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

Z Rated games require a Japanese Credit or Debit Card for age verification, due to local laws regarding the purchase of violent content so no JP Credit/Debit Card = no purchase :(.

Damn it. Thanks guys.

48 minutes ago, PillowGamer said:

Hi there,

Buying a prepaid V-Preca card on PlayAsia is the way to go with this one. It'll cost you a bit more than PSN cards, though.

https://www.play-asia.com/v-preca-3000-visa-gift-card-japan-account/13/70cvav

People have reportedly managed to buy Z-rated games using this.

Edited by shipper321

22 hours ago, shipper321 said:

Buying a prepaid V-Preca card on PlayAsia is the way to go with this one. It'll cost you a bit more than PSN cards, though.

I will look into this. Thank you so much for the information.

1 hour ago, PillowGamer said:

I will look into this. Thank you so much for the information.

7 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

I might give it a go then. There's a few Japanese digital only stacks I want. 

If you try it, it would be appreciated if you could report back if it works. I'm also interested in doing that for a few games.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 3:40 PM, shipper321 said:

Anyone tryed this?

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I've seen plenty of people confirm this works in various threads but I've not used it myself, because I don't have a JP account.

Im gonna try buying the stack in 5min. Ill write here if it works since its on sale

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I've seen plenty of people confirm this works in various threads but I've not used it myself, because I don't have a JP account.

Ill try it tomorrow , since they only have 5000yen ones in store.

33 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

It was patched months ago. Only way to get Cero Z games is buying physically, or make a Japanese friend. Luckily, I managed to find someone who could help me buy Cero Z's digitally, so that was nice. V-Preca was nice while it lasted.

I just bought bioshock 2 , ive added it to my list as proof, need to get first a trophy so it updates here. Bioshock 2 remastered is a cero z. Bought the 1st bioshock aswell.

And there is no way to get bioshock 2 remastered jp exept the store. 

The trophy list is not on disc. The jp one.

Its on my account...

A tip for you.. stop saying and misleading about stuff you dont know nothing about....

Edited by DividedByMankind

I can confirm the mentioned prepaid card works. Just bought some Z games. Additionally, with the prepaid card in my jp account, I am now allowed to free upgrade some of the ps4 cero z disk games.

Just some heads up. You might not get the valid date immediately. Contact the customer service of play Asia or go the the prepaid card website to check the information of your card.

Huge thanks to @shipper321 for the information and @DividedByMankind for confirmation.

Edited by archangeltw_
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

I just bought bioshock 2 , ive added it to my list as proof, need to get first a trophy so it updates here. Bioshock 2 remastered is a cero z. Bought the 1st bioshock aswell.

And there is no way to get bioshock 2 remastered jp exept the store. 

The trophy list is not on disc. The jp one.

Its on my account...

A tip for you.. stop saying and misleading about stuff you dont know nothing about....

A tip for you... I tried the method months ago, and it was patched. Maybe don't ask others to test if you're going to be rude about it. 

2 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

I can confirm the mentioned prepaid card works. Just bought some Z games. Additionally, with the prepaid card in my jp account, I am now allowed to free upgrade some of the ps4 cero z disk games.

Just some heads up. You might not get the valid date immediately. Contact the customer service of play Asia or go the the prepaid card website to check the information of your card.

Huge thanks to @shipper321 for the information and @DividedByMankind for confirmation.

Glad that Sony stopped interfering with payment. Months ago, when I use preca, it would just give "this card is expired" error.

Edit: I checked my chat logs with PlayAsia, back when I last bought a V-Preca card. Would seem the expired card issue was in September 2022. Didn't know it ever got fixed.

Edited by ArmoredSnowman

• 4 weeks later...