TLoU Remastered might get a discount if you already own PS3 version

StrickenBiged

Check it out.  According to a few reports like this one there might be an "upgrade" type discount for TLoU Remastered if you already own the PS3 version.

Still being discussed internally by the Sony business heads, but it would be nice if they offered a discount to those of us who already owned the game.

Personally, I wouldn't "double dip" at full price, but a discount might cajole me into buying again for PS4.

Just thought I'd share.

I'm assuming this would only work if you bought the digital version of TLoU for PS3?

Either way, I hope they offer a discount to those of us who already bought it but they are in no way obligated to do so. The Last of Us is one of the best games of the last generation, in my opinion, so I'll gladly pay another $60 to experience it again on a superior system with a superior controller. 

Parker

• Like 2

I also believe that this would only apply to digital purchases. There is no way for them to verify that our retail copies were purchased new at this point. 

I'll eventually get this on the PS4, but there is no way I'm double-dipping at $60. Especially now that I'll have new DLC to catch up on with the PS3. When my backlog permits and the inevitable price drop happens, they'll see my money again for this game. 

I'm assuming this would only work if you bought the digital version of TLoU for PS3?

Either way, I hope they offer a discount to those of us who already bought it but they are in no way obligated to do so. The Last of Us is one of the best games of the last generation, in my opinion, so I'll gladly pay another $60 to experience it again on a superior system with a superior controller. 

Parker

Lua482C.jpg

• 2 months later...

i don't like the fact that mostly discounts r for digi versions.. i prefer buying a game to have it in my collection ( well as u can see at my trophy card i don't own many games - but still )

like in the gen before - having one ps2 game sorted side by side next to the console is still cool - my oppinion - can't be the only one - can i ?

Edited by rainer_at
  • Like 1

I understand that some of the launch ps3 -> PS4 upgrades (CoD: Ghosts, BF4, etc) worked by allowing you to put the PS3 disc in your PS4. The PS4 would read and recognise the PS3 disc and allow you to download the digital version of the same game for a discounted price. But I may be wrong as I didn't do this myself. If that's how it works I can't see why they couldn't do this for TLoU.

I'm going to be in the USA around its launch anyway, so I'm planning on getting it at retail in the US for about 1/2 the price it will be in the UK when you allow for currency rates. As there is unlikely to be further DLC I shouldn't have any issues with the store.

When they did this for AC4, Battlefield 4, CoD: Ghosts, and Injustice, you could buy the PS3 disc and there was a code packed in the case that you redeemed on PSN to download what you needed for the PS4 version, also paying $9.99 in the process. There was some flim-flammery involving putting the disc in the PS4 that I can't rightly remember too. I don't see why they can't do it with The Last of Us this way too. The point is they've done something similar to this with discs before, I don't see why they can't, even when they didn't with Tomb Raider.