Unfortunately servers finally stopped working

TarkanTurkoglu

1 hour ago, iXanon said:

There seems to have been 2 people recently unlocking MP trophies in September.. I haven't looked into their legitimacy, but has anyone tried playing again recently?

They're almost certainly hackers, because the servers were confirmed down at the time they earned those trophies but there's always a chance they somehow got extremely lucky and managed to get in and play a few matches, though I personally find that very unlikely.

14 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

They're almost certainly hackers, because the servers were confirmed down at the time they earned those trophies but there's always a chance they somehow got extremely lucky and managed to get in and play a few matches, though I personally find that very unlikely.

100% hackers. I think it was shown on another thread but they both have extremely similar timestamps down to the minute and seconds. The only difference is the day and hour (but the hour is only 1 hour different at max)

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 5:21 PM, yusuftahir2 said:

Is there any chance to bring it back up ?

There’s always a chance (but seriously don’t bank on it), and it’s like you mentioned in your followup response, only people in the community could do anything, bc WB wants nothing to do with this. Anyone suggesting emailing them is wasting time and energy. They’ve had their copy and paste responses for years now anytime someone brings up this topic.

On 9/30/2023 at 5:21 PM, yusuftahir2 said:

And arkham origins wasn't the black sheep of the serie its better than asylum 

Don’t try to do revisionist history. Origins IS still the black sheep of the series. Doesn’t matter if you like it or prefer it over Asylum, it’s still the one main game in the series with the most issues. 10 year anniversary is coming up and WB will do nothing... maybe a tweet? That's textbook black sheep treatment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/27/2023 at 6:20 PM, yusuftahir2 said:

No it won't just get move on

They have officially shut down back in December 2016

Just as the others say after dec 2016 you take this risk that the workaround way to get into MP may stop working at anytime

This is what happens when we play an old game on an old unsupported device it's risky

We can't really blame companies to shutdown dead multiplayer servers

On 9/30/2023 at 9:28 PM, yusuftahir2 said:

Gather as many player as you can and keep spamming emails to WB games to see if they would do anything about this

I suspect even The Riddler couldn't work this logic out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Needles said:

It is marked unobtainable, if you use PSNP+.

OK, so this is only on the site if you pay for site premium membership and has not officially been announced by WB or Sony on the PS3 system trophy list sync is still showing up the trophies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, asimm1 said:

OK, so this is only on the site if you pay for site premium membership and has not officially been announced by WB or Sony on the PS3 system trophy list sync is still showing up the trophies.

Ok. First off, it was announced by WB, back in 2016. Second, the trophies will always show up; you simply won’t be able to earn them anymore.

Since July 2021 sony won't let developers to patch ps3 games anymore unfortunately

PS3 is Almost a Dead platform 

Servers are dying

Store is a ghost town and keeps delisting items

The only hope was fully backward compatibility on ps5 which didn't happened cuz Sony isn't interested to do this

The another reason is jailbreakers and hackers

But I ❤️ PS3 it was a great era

On 9/30/2023 at 2:58 PM, yusuftahir2 said:

I meant some people may be able to bring the online multiplayer back like "bulletstorm" or "blur"

I don't expect WB to do anything

Chances are slim, personally I say zero. You'd want to look into exactly what proprietary stuff was involved in making the game work. The only reason any GameSpy games such as Bulletstorm (2 others known, and there's at least 1 more for me to test) are able to work is due to someone possessing some portion of what is called the "SDK" (software development kit) of GameSpy to rebuild what originally processed online play (the games basically working P2P and only requiring something in your system to "say the password" to get into network is part of the reason for the success of these invite based MP trophies). Blur (and Singularity) only benefitted from a DNS change due to there being some kind of compatibility with that DNS. Both games are by Activision and the service is called "Demonware." Not so sure what the connection between the two is, but it is there.

As HuntingFever says, the staff is willing to allow use of something that restores MP games, provided that it can be used by anyone without exception. (Beware, you must hold out on unlocking trophies until after it's added to their whitelist).

Correct me if I don't have something quite right. Still wrapping my head around stuff as it is.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

Chances are slim, personally I say zero. You'd want to look into exactly what proprietary stuff was involved in making the game work. The only reason any GameSpy games such as Bulletstorm (2 others known, and there's at least 1 more for me to test) are able to work is due to someone possessing some portion of what is called the "SDK" (software development kit) of GameSpy to rebuild what originally processed online play (the games basically working P2P and only requiring something in your system to "say the password" to get into network is part of the reason for the success of these invite based MP trophies). Blur (and Singularity) only benefitted from a DNS change due to there being some kind of compatibility with that DNS. Both games are by Activision and the service is called "Demonware." Not so sure what the connection between the two is, but it is there.

As HuntingFever says, the staff is willing to allow use of something that restores MP games, provided that it can be used by anyone without exception. (Beware, you must hold out on unlocking trophies until after it's added to their whitelist).

Correct me if I don't have something quite right. Still wrapping my head around stuff as it is.

We will find a workaround even if it takes a decade

When there is a will there is a way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...