PSN Wallet Balance Update

eburkulosis

I got an odd email from what seems to be [email protected] stating the following:

This is just a friendly reminder that you have funds in your PSN wallet that have not been used for six months or more.

To view your account balance, please sign-in to account management by 'clicking here'

I didnt' click it but I don't know what gives. I buy stuff on PSN almost every week. It made me think either Sony is n00bish or its a hax0r email.

Anyone else get this?

EDIT: I mustered up enough courage to click the link. Just takes me here

http://us.playstatio...&psu=0852084525

What a weird email. I always am running out and adding funds. I don't know why it would generate an email that I haven't used them in 6 months.

Nj0SFM.jpg

I got an odd email from what seems to be [email protected] stating the following:

This is just a friendly reminder that you have funds in your PSN wallet that have not been used for six months or more.

To view your account balance, please sign-in to account management by 'clicking here'

I didnt' click it but I don't know what gives. I buy stuff on PSN almost every week. It made me think either Sony is n00bish or its a hax0r email.

Anyone else get this?

The Email adress is not looking like a real Playstation or Sony Email, so i think its fake. And if you buy every week its also strange to get this email. And i d'ont think that sony is looking @ people's wallet balance also.

That address alone sounds suspicious to me. "playstation-email.com", just... no. When you add funds to your account (in EU anyway) so will you get mail from "[email protected]". Also, why would they tell you that you haven't used funds for six months? It's not like they will vanish away.

I would say that this is a scam.

I also got this email.

link take Me here.

SignInSonyEntertainmentNetwork-GoogleChrome_2011-12-16_09-00-38.jpg

and I'm guessing if it's legit,"if it's legit", that it's from back when the network came back up and they had all this free incentives giving away. this could be Qriocity incentive reminder that was offered. that was about the only incentive that I hadn't cash in on.

I mean, that about the only logical explanation that I can think of other than it being a bogus ploy to get your password.

That address alone sounds suspicious to me. "playstation-email.com", just... no. When you add funds to your account (in EU anyway) so will you get mail from "[email protected]". Also, why would they tell you that you haven't used funds for six months? It's not like they will vanish away.

I would say that this is a scam.

Now that you mention it, you're right. When I add funds, I get a confirmation e-mail from the address you pointed out.

It appears to be a scam.

Type (or copy & paste) this into your browser:

There are a LOT of sites advising folks about this phish.