PSN store displaying as guest and not my ID

Jinxcendant-XIII

52 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

I'm logged into my ID on PS3 but when I go onto the store it says guest bottom left instead of my ID, why is that?.

It has been like that for some time (at least a month now), checked with my 3 accounts and show the same thing.

• Like 3

Have checked it on my Slim, and shows "Guest" (or "Gast", because of german UI) too, but I can still access my Download List in the Store app, so it's probably just a visual issue.

Did not attempt to buy something, so don't know if it goes through.

Someone else though posted a screenshot from a mail, that the PS3/Vita Store will close in Croatia in November, because of the switch to Euro as currency in their local Store.

41 minutes ago, StarWolf3000 said:

Have checked it on my Slim, and shows "Guest" (or "Gast", because of german UI) too, but I can still access my Download List in the Store app, so it's probably just a visual issue.

Did not attempt to buy something, so don't know if it goes through.

Someone else though posted a screenshot from a mail, that the PS3/Vita Store will close in Croatia in November, because of the switch to Euro as currency in their local Store.

I bought two DLCs for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and one PSN game with my account a few days ago and it worked fine :) but I didn't notice if it showed the "Guest"/"Gast" Account.

Maybe I will check it later when I get home

Same on the Japanese store, where it just shows the Japanese word for 'Guest' (ゲスト).

Also, even though the download list seems to work fine, if you actually browse the store you'll see that none of your purchased content is actually marked as purchased. All the games, dlcs, avatars, or themes you bought at some point could technically be purchased again. So be careful not to accidentally spend money on something you already own.

21 minutes ago, Suminya said:

Same on the Japanese store, where it just shows the Japanese word for 'Guest' (ゲスト).

Also, even though the download list seems to work fine, if you actually browse the store you'll see that none of your purchased content is actually marked as purchased. All the games, dlcs, avatars, or themes you bought at some point could technically be purchased again. So be careful not to accidentally spend money on something you already own.

I've seen that too that the option to "buy" the games you already purchased is available. But when I bought a game a few days ago and clicked on the buy button again after purchasing it, there was a error message so I don't think you can accidantely purchase a game a second time :)

• Like 1

I, too, have been having the very same issue in question. I created a new account after my old one got hacked, then had it closed. Lemme get yous up to speed:

When I made the new account and purchased PS+ for online gaming access, I purchased Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, the PS3 version, digitally. Played online, racked up trophies, the usual.

Now here's where it gets weird. Instead of my new PSN ID showing at the bottom right corner, it says Guest for some unknown reason, and I dunno why. And yet, it did show my ID when I see it on my friends list, and when I sync trophies.

Also on the store, the game I purchased shows the full price tag for some unknown reason. So when I click it, I get the error message "We're sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time". Weird, right.

So, I thought I'd do a little experiment. I purchased a song for Rock Band. And since the track can be downloaded for PS3 and PS4, I got a notification from the PS App on my phone. The track says Download, but DOA5LR shows the price.

Honestly? I'm glad I'm not the only one that's having this issue right now. But at the same time, I'm not happy with customer service still being unable to help me resolve this little nuisance. 

They asked me to email them video footage, but my replies never go through, despite being under the data limit. I guess the "good" old SONY should create a new firmware update to resolve things.

Edited by ElCosshreddor

1 hour ago, kenet_jose said:

I wonder if this is connected to my latest PS3 purchases being sorted before my very first purchase. I mean, the ones I bought this year is located at the very bottom of my Downloads list (which are my purchases in the 2010s)

No, that's been a glitch for a few years now, you latest purchase is always put at the end of the list instead of the top. If you buy something again, what was previously at the bottom will correctly move to the top. Also if you bought more than one item in one whole purchase, only one of them is affected by that glitch.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, StarWolf3000 said:

No, that's been a glitch for a few years now, you latest purchase is always put at the end of the list instead of the top. If you buy something again, what was previously at the bottom will correctly move to the top. Also if you bought more than one item in one whole purchase, only one of them is affected by that glitch.

I didn't know about that glitch 😅

When I bought a PS3 game and 2  DLCs for another game a few days ago. The 2 DLCs were at the top of my download list but the PS3 wasn't.

It only showed me the demo of the game but the key file (don't know if it's called like that 😄) to unlock the game wasn't on my download list in the PSN store so I thought it was a bug and maybe the purchase didn't finish properly. But the money was gone from my PSN Account so I checked the store and I wasn't able to buy it "again" and got an error message when clicking on the purchase button of the game. So the only option was to check the transaction list in your account settings not the download list of the PSN store and like you mentioned the unlock key of the game was at the very buttom of the list 😄 

I didn't know that these two download list are different from each other and this glitch only effects PS3 games, right? Because the PS4 games always are at the top of the download list on the PS3 even though you can't download them. 

It also seems kind of random which game is on the buttom because like I said the 2 DLCs were at the top 😄

But at least we still can buy PS3 games from the store (yet)

• 1 month later...