spacer.png

There is a slowdown in some games
I decided to teardown the PS5😥

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is probably the cause.
I think it's called an overheating spot.(bottom core)

spacer.png

I reapply it.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Add heat pipe to GDDR6 side

spacer.png

Silicone ring to prevent vibration

spacer.png

Test after assembly is completed.
I am satisfied with the speed of the WD 850x 2TB SSD.

spacer.png

There were no slower games and it was a very satisfying cooling upgrade.😉

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

Cleaning, maintaining, and taking care of things you own is never a waste of time. It'll pay off in the end as you'll get an extended life out of it compared to those that don't and in some cases like this, even improve performance. 

That's right, so I invested some time.😁

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

Cleaning, maintaining, and taking care of things you own is never a waste of time. It'll pay off in the end as you'll get an extended life out of it compared to those that don't and in some cases like this, even improve performance. 

Yeah. I maintain my car, house. Etc.

Solid state electronics shouldn't need maintenance.

My wife hoovers and dusts like 4 times a week or something.

If you need to open it up because it's all clogged you need to start living in a cleaner environment 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lordguwa said:

i noticed an improvement when i cleaned up some of the dust that's been plague my vents. not a total clean job that'll come eventually when i have the supply's (need canned air for the fan).

That's right, general cleaning definitely helps too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poker_1987 said:

If you need to open it up because it's all clogged you need to start living in a cleaner environment 

Yes, but your wife doesn't open up all your electronics 4 times a week to also get all the dust that collects in there that isn't seen on the surface. 

Just because the surface appears clean, doesn't mean the actual fragile electrical components hidden inside are also clean from all dust and contaminates. I don't care how clean you are, dust will find a way to accumulate over time so it never hurts to be thorough and take your electronics apart to clean them properly every now and then. 

Take care of the things you own and they'll take care of you. There are whole careers out there whose sole purpose is maintaining solid state electronic equipment so your statement that they should require no maintenance is utter nonsense. Anything that uses capacitors and resistors and batteries and transformers and computer chips and solder connections is going to require maintenance if you want to keep it going over time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Yes, but your wife doesn't open up all your electronics 4 times a week to also get all the dust that collects in there that isn't seen on the surface. 

Just because the surface appears clean, doesn't mean the actual fragile electrical components hidden inside are also clean from all dust and contaminates. I don't care how clean you are, dust will find a way to accumulate over time so it never hurts to be thorough and take your electronics apart to clean them properly every now and then. 

Take care of the things you own and they'll take care of you. There are whole careers out there whose sole purpose is maintaining solid state electronic equipment so your statement that they should require no maintenance is utter nonsense. Anything that uses capacitors and resistors and batteries and transformers and computer chips and solder connections is going to require maintenance if you want to keep it going over time. 

Wow.

If the environment is clean internal dust build up will be negligible. 

If your suffering from dust problems tidy your house, stop smoking, get rid of your dog and bathe more often.

I've got a release day ps2 that has had thousands of hours of use since I was 12. It still works perfectly. Reads dvds and cds, so I think I know how to look after my stuff. The battery in it still keeps the correct time too.

Opening up and messing with it is more likely to damage it. Electrostatic damage, knocking off a resistor etc.

5 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

Wow.

If your suffering from dust problems tidy your house, stop smoking, get rid of your dog and bathe more often.

I've got a release day ps2 that has had thousands of hours of use since I was 12. It still works perfectly. Reads dvds and cds, so I think I know how to look after my stuff. The battery in it still keeps the correct time too.

Opening up and messing with it is more likely to damage it. Electrostatic damage, knocking off a resistor etc.

Dust will still accumulate over time even in a 'clean' environment. Dust is microscopic organic material, it will find areas to get into and accumulate over time. Especially tight areas that lack airflow, like inside electronics. 

Just because you still have your original PS2 doesn't mean that's airtight evidence that you should never open up and clean out your electronics. It's not going to hurt anything and it'll only be beneficial when you do. It'll take more negligence to somehow damage electrical components while cleaning them than ignoring ever cleaning anything at all. 

You can't really 'knock off' a resistor. That'll be hard to do without removing the solder first even if you tried so to do it by accident is practically impossible. And if you can, that connection wasn't good to begin with and would need to be fixed anyway. 

27 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Dust will still accumulate over time even in a 'clean' environment. Dust is microscopic organic material, it will find areas to get into and accumulate over time. Especially tight areas that lack airflow, like inside electronics. 

Just because you still have your original PS2 doesn't mean that's airtight evidence that you should never open up and clean out your electronics. It's not going to hurt anything and it'll only be beneficial when you do. It'll take more negligence to somehow damage electrical components while cleaning them than ignoring ever cleaning anything at all. 

You can't really 'knock off' a resistor. That'll be hard to do without removing the solder first even if you tried so to do it by accident is practically impossible. And if you can, that connection wasn't good to begin with and would need to be fixed anyway. 

Okay your deluded. Its very easy to knock off a resistors. Even brushing will remove one with old dry solder joints.

1 hour ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

LMAO BUT WHY? 🤣 

i like ice cream😃

57 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

I don't understand much about electronics, but I'm kinda confused, wasn't the PS5's cooling shenanigans supposed to be liquid metal instead or thermal paste, or am I seeing things?

You can refer to this video

• Like 2

8 hours ago, poker_1987 said:

Wow.

That's right, there is a risk of damage so you need to be careful.

11 hours ago, poker_1987 said:

Wow that's great! Good results, i have to implement this!

Mine only does it like 2 times a week, and i can definitely see some dust build-up.

Gonna have to have a stern talk with her, and otherwise more drastic measures will have to be taken :rolleyes:

I don't accept lazy attitudes. And if I gotta get out of the couch to explain this to her, its not gonna go well...

• Haha 1