Any word on PS5 release date?

MidnightDragon

I can confirm that most of the trophies in this are a semi autopop.

Trophies that semi autopopped:

Be Heard

Joker

Good Eye

Our House

Action

Just a Machine

The Right Choice

Nerves of Steel (Kind of. I got it after 5 successful wild draw 4 challenges compared to 20.)

Socializer

The real challenge of this will be the Flying Higher trophy. Good luck everyone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Topov81 said:

Why though?... are there any actual differences to the PS4 version?

Also, the PlayStation listing for the PS5 version still refers to PlayLink which is no longer supported :(

Pretty sure plenty of the publishers know a sizable enough group of players like trophies (even if it's a clear minority of customers in total) and will make a super easy PS5 port of a game that doesn't need it just to make extra money. In this case, I think it's a free upgrade (which is a win). 

8 hours ago, Ronald_Mcfatass said:

I can confirm that most of the trophies in this are a semi autopop.

Trophies that semi autopopped:

Be Heard

Joker

Good Eye

Our House

Action

Just a Machine

The Right Choice

Nerves of Steel (Kind of. I got it after 5 successful wild draw 4 challenges compared to 20.)

Socializer

The real challenge of this will be the Flying Higher trophy. Good luck everyone.

Wish I saved my PS4 file. Don’t think I did.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

For me nothing autopopped 😕 I needed to do everything from scratch 

Edit: I was even going to ask @Ronald_Mcfatass how in hell he managed to pop the first trophy, Welcome (complete a round) after popping the win 10 games online. But now it makes totally sense. After all they popped at the same time.

Edited by tranquilu

8 hours ago, Topov81 said:

Why though?... are there any actual differences to the PS4 version?

Also, the PlayStation listing for the PS5 version still refers to PlayLink which is no longer supported :(

The lack of PlayLink support is the biggest difference and will make "Flying Higher" more difficult to obtain. Previously with PlayLink if you had a combination of 4 phones and tablets, you could self boost a game with every other player drawing cards nonstop until you decided to end the game and easily cruise up to 700 points... now that's not an option.

5 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Pretty sure plenty of the publishers know a sizable enough group of players like trophies (even if it's a clear minority of customers in total) and will make a super easy PS5 port of a game that doesn't need it just to make extra money. In this case, I think it's a free upgrade (which is a win). 

I expect to see more 1:1 ports to PS5 so it gives people the impression they are playing a current-gen title. I remember telling a friend about a game and he scoffed that it was an old PS4 game, so he wasn't interested and these PS5 ports appeal to that segment. I agree with you, and the free upgrade is great.

2 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

The lack of PlayLink support is the biggest difference and will make "Flying Higher" more difficult to obtain. Previously with PlayLink if you had a combination of 4 phones and tablets, you could self boost a game with every other player drawing cards nonstop until you decided to end the game and easily cruise up to 700 points... now that's not an option.

cant you just invite someone to a private lobby and have them constantly draw cards?

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

cant you just invite someone to a private lobby and have them constantly draw cards?

Yes you can still do that - fill a private lobby with 1-3 friends or random boosting partners. Any unfilled seats will be filled with AI opponents, which can still mess things up.

The PlayLink method was much easier because you didn't need to boost or coordinate with other people, you could just do it all yourself very quickly.

• Like 1