Request to Make Some Sort of MWIII-specific Forum

Go to solution Solved by BlindMango,

I clicked on the thread linked below expecting to be able to help with MWII as I have the platinum for it, but then realized it was a question for help about MWIII. My question/suggestion/request for the site is to create some sort of thread tree specifically for MWIII just as every other game has its own forum thread tree, but I wouldn't know how that would work since the PS5 version is tied to the MWII trophy list. 

Could it also be as simple as requiring anyone posting MWIII threads to do so in the PS4 thread tree since that has its own standalone trophy list and thread tree, and then from there having people specify if they're referring to PS4 or PS5? How would moderation of that work both practically and logistically?

Makes sense to me. @BlindMango

6 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Could it also be as simple as requiring anyone posting MWIII threads to do so in the PS4 thread tree since that has its own standalone trophy list and thread tree, and then from there having people specify if they're referring to PS4 or PS5?

This wouldn't work, because it requires too much manpower to enforce. We can't even get a grip on new users making dozens of boosting threads every day. If anything, the universe will just create a better idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The forums are directly tied with the game itself, & since the PS5 list is a DLC for MW2, there is nothing they can really do about it being on the same page. The only real thing they could do is try to enforce all MW3 posts to be under the PS4 stack instead which has its own separate list, or enforce every single forum post/session specific if it's for MW2 or MW3.

In both of those cases, it's just a lot of time to monitor & unless they completely redo how forums are linked to the games (which I doubt will ever happen), then sadly it's just what's meant to be these days.

• Solution

Yep, as @ObsiEez said, all game forum pages are auto-generated and have to be connected to a trophy list. The easy solution would just be to go to the PS4 MW3 thread, but I might be able to think up something. There's no easy solution though lol. You can report a thread if you'd want us to rename them to "MW3: Title" or "MW2: Title" or something

21 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

A thought has occured, how the hell will boosting sessions work for this game? It'll always come up as MW2

Yeah... This new combined Call of Duty list format creates a whole host of headaches for us, I don't even know where to start. If a third game is attached to this a year from now, we may have to rename the list "Call of Duty" or something...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

A thought has occured, how the hell will boosting sessions work for this game? It'll always come up as MW2

20 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Unless Sly can jerry rig a workaround, players will just have to specify it's 3 they want to play, not 2 :(.

Boosting sessions bout to be flooded...

13 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

The forums are directly tied with the game itself, & since the PS5 list is a DLC for MW2, there is nothing they can really do about it being on the same page. The only real thing they could do is try to enforce all MW3 posts to be under the PS4 stack instead which has its own separate list, or enforce every single forum post/session specific if it's for MW2 or MW3.

In both of those cases, it's just a lot of time to monitor & unless they completely redo how forums are linked to the games (which I doubt will ever happen), then sadly it's just what's meant to be these days.

Everyone's complaining about the trophies, but no one is thinking abut the PSNP community. WILL SOMEBODY THINK OF THE COMMUNITY??? 🤣

1 minute ago, BlindMango said:

If a third game is attached to this a year from now, we may have to rename the list "Call of Duty" or something...

Steam already did that. Also, the Call of Duty PlayStation Series is also affected by this, because Stage 19 only includes the PS4 MWIII (understandable as to why at least)

Just now, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Steam already did that. Also, the Call of Duty PlayStation Series is also affected by this, because Stage 19 only includes the PS4 MWIII (understandable as to why at least)

Yeah this mess screws with series, sessions, forums, and guides all in pretty annoying ways, what a joke :facepalm: 

• Like 2

Different suggestion. but did not necessarily want to make a new thread as it follows the same topic:

I was looking at the MWIII trophies on PS5 and wanted to see how they compared to the PS4 trophies in terms of rarity. With MWIII trophies being tied to MWII on PS5, and the Other Platforms section showing MWII on PS4, I clicked on that without thinking and realized it was only MWII's trophy list. Can the site include MWIII for PS4 in the Other Platforms section for MWII on PS5, since that's technically true? @BlindMango Is this something that's possible or another feature that is automatically dictated by the site's code and set-up? 

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Different suggestion. but did not necessarily want to make a new thread as it follows the same topic:

I was looking at the MWIII trophies on PS5 and wanted to see how they compared to the PS4 trophies in terms of rarity. With MWIII trophies being tied to MWII on PS5, and the Other Platforms section showing MWII on PS4, I clicked on that without thinking and realized it was only MWII's trophy list. Can the site include MWIII for PS4 in the Other Platforms section for MWII on PS5, since that's technically true? @BlindMango Is this something that's possible or another feature that is automatically dictated by the site's code and set-up? 

We could, but it would merge the forums and guides together and make it even more of a mess than it already is

• Like 1