(Fixed in December 2023) Profile games list and PlayStation app recently played list/playtime counters not updating properly

blue_blur_98

34 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Seems that PSN has stopped updating games played on PS4 altogether. :hmm:

Not completely, but it is acting really weird: Yesterday, I had the app on while playing on PS4 and the game was shown as "currently playing", however the list of games played did not update.

It clearly still knows there  are games  being played on PS4, it just opts to actively ignore them for the log.

However, even if I had  a PS5,  I'm not dealing with the buggy mes that playing PS4 games on PS5 seems to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Guess they’re trying to force an upgrade to PS5. 

I'm planning to grab a PS5 while it's currently on sale, but I might be broke afterwards. 🤣

26 minutes ago, shadaik said:

the list of games played did not update.

Yeah, that's what's been happening these past few weeks.

• Haha 2

Its happening to me too, I have some games with no hours at all, but they are from like 3 years ago, looks like the bug has return, on the app it shows that I'm currently playing the game, but it doesnt show the hours and they dont show on my recently played. Well, I'll clean my PS3 backlog during this time, hope they fix it soon.

Same happened to me as well. First, i thought it's because I was replaying a few games with fully  completed trophies, so that could be the reason why game list won't update (just my assumption). Recently, though, i started GoW Ragnarok DLC - Valhalla, where i still had 12 unobtained trophies yet, but the game still didn't appear in "recently played" section, even after unlocking a few. Can't say it bothers me much, as long as trophy lists themselves still works and shows fine. But, i guess, that's the point where we need to upgrade our systems to resolve the occurred problem. Seems like Sony is no longer interested in supporting PS4 systems software as they used before. 

My on-console profile game list is updating again! The app seems to still be having issues, though, and I'm not sure if my playtime is tracking, but the issue is at least partially fixed. Finally!

EDIT: Seems like playtime is indeed tracking again. My Exophase profile's PS4 gameplay hours are updating properly, you just can't see them on the PlayStation app for the time being.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 2

Yeah, it's back, but as expected, did lose the hours it didn't track. E.g.  Fall Guys says I played for one hour - which is unlikely because the last trophy I popped before that was for one hour of falling time. I don't think I've been falling for 100% of my playtime.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Looks like the PlayStation App is fixed too! My recently played section is indeed updating correctly as of last night, and it's also showing hours played on that section as well. It's a New Year's miracle!

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Started again for me yesterday but it's different this time, it's only tracking streamed games, physical or downloaded games act like I haven't played them. Strange. Tested my other alt accounts and they are the same on PS4/PS App. 

Edited by GUDGER666

Hello.

Did anyone have problems with PS4 and PS5 lately?

Just the previous weeks on ps4, it worked properly on adding games on game list/recently added and tracked hours played as well but now the last two games nope.

On PS5 it only works on adding games on list. Tracking hours doesn't work.

I always play offline if that matters but i don't think it's that reason.. because it worked just fine before. I guess Sony messed up something once again.

We are playing games only to lose the hours we played as they won't update.

Edited by Scarmoon_LWolf

• 3 weeks later...

I have a feeling it's happening again - I played a crapton of Street Fighter V (trying to get the platinum trophy) but it doesn't look like the playtime total has changed because it was 55 hours before my session yesterday and still is today.

5 hours ago, lordryuuken said:

I have a feeling it's happening again - I played a crapton of Street Fighter V (trying to get the platinum trophy) but it doesn't look like the playtime total has changed because it was 55 hours before my session yesterday and still is today.

Sometimes it just updates really slowly. It's happened to me plenty of times. Play a different game and see if Street Fighter V is still at the top of your app's recently played list.

When push comes to shove, I've noticed earning and syncing a trophy sometimes causes everything to update correctly.