(Fixed in December 2023) Profile games list and PlayStation app recently played list/playtime counters not updating properly

blue_blur_98

[The issues noted below were fixed in December 2023]

An odd issue has cropped up yesterday and stretching into today that has caused my public PSN profile to become inaccurate.

First of all, when I started a game I downloaded from PlayStation Plus, it did not get added to my games list on my PS4 profile page. The status update in the Activity Log that says you played a game for the first time did not appear either. This has happened to me a few times before, and the issue was fixed by closing the game, restoring my licenses, and the launching the game. This wasn't the case, however; no matter how many times I restore and re-restore my licenses, the game refuses to appear on my games list no matter what.

Another issue also started cropping up in tandem with this. This one being a two-fold issue on the PlayStation mobile app. Firstly, the list of recently played games on the landing page consistently fails to update, no matter what I play and for how long. It's basically frozen in the same position it was in a few days ago. The playtime hours statistic also seems to be completely static, no matter how many additional hours I've played the game for. I've been playing about an hour of Puyo Puyo Champions online every day, and yet it has stayed at 16 hours, which I know for a fact should have updated by now.

I know this is a fairly minor issue, and my trophies are thankfully unaffected, but this is seriously bugging me and I hope I can make my profile truly accurate again. Is there a good fix for this issue, or will I have to wait for Sony to sort something out on PSN's backend that could be causing the issue? If this gets fixed, will my playtime also retroactively update itself to the correct statistics, or is it permanently screwed?

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 3

This has been an issue for a very long time now, and sadly the time played in most cases will not auto update if Sony fixes it on the back end. Now, time played can sometimes update a little after your play session from my experience, but most of the time you are left with an odd looking time on said games that are not updating. The only extreme way of making it accurate if it bugs you enough is to leave the game on idle while you're sleeping when the thing is actually working again, We do have a thread with many responses too.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 3

I have the same problem almost a week now. I guess it only happenes on PS4 user who dont own a PS5 for this time. My playtime, new games not adding to profile and stopped updating itself on app and PS4.  Guess their servers is messed up again. Few friends of mine also got the sane problem. I donno if we should contact the support or where we can report.  So annoying... ; ; 

• Like 3

The problem was resolved for a while but has now returned.

I played Gran Turismo Sport for several hours in the last few days but the gameplay time were not counted.

This has been a problem that has existed since the PS5 was launched and has not yet been resolved. From time to time, it comes back.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2023 at 11:30 AM, shadaik said:

I have the same issue and it started when I played some games on PS3 (which the app won't register/show) and then went back to PS4 (which should show). Maybe that's got something to do with it?

Weirdly, the campaigns still seem to work.

You can only see ps3 games on the ps4, they don't show up on the ps app or ps5 unfortunately.

Just a thought...for any of you, have you been playing PS4 games on PS4 or PS5? I saw some people said they had that issue, but if they played the PS4 game on PS5, they didn't have that problem. I played a PS4 game on my PS5 last week and it registered properly.

Edited by MidnightDragon

37 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Just a thought...for any of you, have you been playing PS4 games on PS4 or PS5? I saw some people said they had that issue, but if they played the PS4 game on PS5, they didn't have that problem. I played a PS4 game on my PS5 last week and it registered properly.

Since I don't have a PS5 I play games on PS3, PS4 and Vita (been a while). Could be an explanation. My games haven't been updated since 1 month or so. I checked again before I replied, still the same. No FIFA 22 playtime in the app for example.

8 minutes ago, kingduckman said:

PS4 games played on PS4 seem to no longer register. PS4 games I’ve played on the PS5 haven’t had the issue of not showing.

Yea, that's what I heard. Hopefully it's not them trying to force people to upgrade. Hopefully it fixes itself in the near future, though. My PS3 stuff doesn't show, either, but not supposed to except on trophies. :lol: 

I have the same problem, but unfortunately this is not the first time that problems of this type have occurred in the profile.

On PS3/Vita, if you use the profile's custom colors, they randomly return to the default color and sections such as "about me" and "languages" are also reset. No one knows why it occurs, much less how to prevent it. And apparently it will be the same as the games and hours played on the profile for users who don't yet have a PS5.

• Like 1