Do not play this game. It might damage your ps4.

Haroen2002

This game has a time trail minigame were you have to fly a plane through the sky for a few minutes. This minigame is so poorly optimized that your ps4 will overheat almost instantly after you start this minigame. Five seconds after I started this minigame my ps4 started blasting extremely loudly and I got a notification that I had to shut down the game and my playstation immediately to prevent my ps4 from overheating. Don't play this game. It is not worth destroying your ps4 for an easy platinum on a bad kids game. 

When was the last time you deep cleaned the inside of your console? I ask, because this sounds more like a clogged fan and heat sink to me, than an issue with the game. I had a lot of overheating problems a couple of months ago until I took my PS4 apart and blew out the 8 years worth of dust that was causing the problem.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

When was the last time you deep cleaned the inside of your console? I ask, because this sounds more like a clogged fan and heat sink to me, than an issue with the game. I had a lot of overheating problems a couple of months ago until I took my PS4 apart and blew out the 8 years worth of dust that was causing the problem.

I have never had any overheating problems before and I cleaned my ps4 this week. It is a very specific problem I have with this level in this game. And I am not the only one with this problem. There are a lot of people that have the same issue with this specific level in this game as proven by this thread I found about the subject: PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls - Game Crashing (Third Mission,Helicopter Part) (trueachievements.com)

Not played this but experienced something like it before on serious sam 3. There are a few rooms full of explosive barrels in the game and if you stand in the middle of them before detonating something about the way the smoke clouds are coded sends the PS4 fan into overdrive for a few seconds before they disperse...

Actually jump scared me the first time as I had the game audio low!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Still rockin' that base PS4 in 2023, eh?

Might be time to start thinking about upgrading to at least a PS4 Pro to not run into the issue of newer games not being optimized for 10 year old hardware. 

I'm still rocking an OG PS3. Just recently cleaned her and she's super quiet now. There's nothing wrong with playing old hardware. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Super_Mep said:

I'm still rocking an OG PS3. Just recently cleaned her and she's super quiet now. There's nothing wrong with playing old hardware. 

Until you want to play newer games and the older hardware struggles to pull off the higher demand, then it sort of becomes a problem. My base PS4 before I retired it for the PS5 sounded like it was ready to get launched into orbit playing some newer games at that time. And I took great care of it, I was always cleaning it. Playing Control on it was an awful experience while the PS4 Pro had no issues and that was the moment I realized it was time for an upgrade. 

PS3 generation was different. You need a PS3 in order to play most PS3 games still, it relies on needing the specific hardware. PS4 and PS5 don't have that limitation as the PS5 is capable of playing all PS4 games and plays PS4 games better than the PS4 hardware does so why continue playing the old hardware in this case when you have a more optimal version available to play it on? If all PS3 games were available on the PS4 and PS5, nobody would still be playing them on PS3 hardware still. You'd be playing them on the better, newer consoles if all games were available which unfortunately they aren't. Hence why people still own and play a PS3. 

3 minutes ago, Haroen2002 said:

I have a ps4 pro.

Then you shouldn't be having problems like this.

I would then refer to the advice of deep cleaning the console. Taking it completely apart, not only removing all the surface dust but taking compressed air and really get all the gaps you can't get to otherwise but where dust can still collect. Specifically on the heatsink as that's what causes overheating issues. 

This video shows how to do it properly: 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Still rockin' that base PS4 in 2023, eh?

Might be time to start thinking about upgrading to at least a PS4 Pro to not run into the issue of newer games not being optimized for 10 year old hardware. 

That has nothing to do with it, I have a base PS4 and it's very silent, it only ramps up when it's time for a clean up.

43 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

PS4 and PS5 don't have that limitation as the PS5 is capable of playing all PS4 games and plays PS4 games better than the PS4 hardware does so why continue playing the old hardware in this case when you have a more optimal version available to play it on?

There are a fair few games that have major issues being played on the PS5, that don't have the same issues when played on an OG PS4

53 minutes ago, Burritoprime said:

That has nothing to do with it, I have a base PS4 and it's very silent, it only ramps up when it's time for a clean up.

In this case maybe not, but it could though, there are plenty of games that struggle more on the base PS4 than a PS4 Pro or PS5 because of the limitations of the hardware. Like I said, Control was a good example. That game was a mess on a base PS4 early on. Maybe they fixed it now but it doesn't change the fact that hardware limitations could and will result in more performance issues as games become increasingly more demanding and also held back by these hardware limitations. Case in point; a dusty PS4 can't even pull off a Paw Patrol game without overheating and shutting down whereas a dusty PS5 with the same game will almost surely have no problems powering through despite some dust being in its way. 

38 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

There are a fair few games that have major issues being played on the PS5, that don't have the same issues when played on an OG PS4

Not really true anymore. Most of the games on that list are games most people never heard of and most of the big titles that were actually effected weren't effected in a major way except a very small select few like AC: Syndicate (which I believe has now been fixed finally). That list has gotten significantly smaller as most of the bigger titles with the bigger issues have since been patched like AC: Syndicate. I played quite a few games on that list initially like Sleeping Dogs and The Nathan Drake Collection before it was also fixed and they were totally fine despite the disclaimer saying there might be issues playing it on the PS5. 

8 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Until you want to play newer games and the older hardware struggles to pull off the higher demand, then it sort of becomes a problem. My base PS4 before I retired it for the PS5 sounded like it was ready to get launched into orbit playing some newer games at that time. And I took great care of it, I was always cleaning it. Playing Control on it was an awful experience while the PS4 Pro had no issues and that was the moment I realized it was time for an upgrade. 

PS3 generation was different. You need a PS3 in order to play most PS3 games still, it relies on needing the specific hardware. PS4 and PS5 don't have that limitation as the PS5 is capable of playing all PS4 games and plays PS4 games better than the PS4 hardware does so why continue playing the old hardware in this case when you have a more optimal version available to play it on? If all PS3 games were available on the PS4 and PS5, nobody would still be playing them on PS3 hardware still. You'd be playing them on the better, newer consoles if all games were available which unfortunately they aren't. Hence why people still own and play a PS3. 

Then you shouldn't be having problems like this.

I would then refer to the advice of deep cleaning the console. Taking it completely apart, not only removing all the surface dust but taking compressed air and really get all the gaps you can't get to otherwise but where dust can still collect. Specifically on the heatsink as that's what causes overheating issues. 

This video shows how to do it properly: 

I still use my PS4 for VR1 games or games I've already started on it but otherwise I just play PS4 games on my PS5. But every once in awhile a game has some weirdness when not playing on a PS4 for some reason, or the PS5 version is buggy. Idk 🤷‍♂️

• 2 months later...

Sorry for my bad english,

This game really - NO JOKE!! My PS4 Pro overheat instantly on helicopter minigame. This game really can damage your console. (And yeah, I do some cleaning) 

BUT! I also have PS4 slim and this minigame works normaly on less powerfull console.

So, I don't recomend to use ps4 pro on this game, it can be dangerous. Also optimisation just horrible, and loading times soooo long.