The Koskela Brothers bugged

KinkyMirage

11 hours ago, usersmuser said:

I was holding out for a patch but I guess I can carry on, if more ppl can confirm this is ok that would be great!

I recommend holding off for a bit if you haven't gotten to that TV yet. It's currently bugged for me and the latest people to get it all (or at least mostly) seem to have started before the latest patch released. I think I'll just continue the story anyway but will probably end up having to replay a bunch.

7 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

dd9bb4.png

They're currently working on a fix at least. 🤞

Thanks for letting us know. Four things we need to know for us trophy hunters when bug fixes are needed:

• Developers acknowledgement
  • Firm plans on fixing it
  • Date on when the fix will release
  • Will the update retroactively trigger the trophy if the requirement was already achieved

We got two out of four so that is progress I guess.

• Like 3

On 11/19/2023 at 10:46 PM, gernot80 said:

Same problem here :( 

Unfortunately it affects the Writer's Journey Videos as well... Reloaded a previous save to check if they register correctly but nope! 

I was looking forward to play the game this weekend but the patch ruined the anticipation

I got Writer Journey 🏆 yesterday after geting 8 video counter says 8/9 

On 11/20/2023 at 5:41 AM, sanjinb said:

I've tried deleting and re-installing the game but it didn't do anything (wasn't expecting it to work but gave it a shot anyway). The stupid thing won't register. It's a good thing I have a save right before so I caalann reload once they hopefully fix it. I actually had trouble getting the first commercial in the police station to register too, but it did register eventually. They must've fiddled with something in the most recent patch and introduced this bug. Too risky to continue playing now as I don't want to replay this game so I'll just have to wait for the fix.

play Alan part of the story all collectibles from his works fine however I got Writer Journey trophy when counter says 8/9 lol waiting with saga for patch

On 11/20/2023 at 7:34 AM, KinkyMirage said:

You mean that there's a possibility that I have missed three Writer's Journey Videos too and I will need to start everything from the begining? I can't check that at the moment cause I'm at the Initiation 4 episode. F...

Edit: Nope, this one's okay for me, I see that PSN registered all three of them.

the trophy for writer will pop but counter can say 8/9 i think they added extra video tape in recent patch?

On 11/20/2023 at 2:12 PM, Akrioz said:

It's not appearing in Mind Place. That's the problem.

some guy said the coffee world ad popped for him at the chapter 6 saga story

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mati11120 said:

some guy said the coffee world ad popped for him at the chapter 6 saga story

That guy was talking about playstation trophy counter. As you can see later in this thread confirmed by:

On 11/23/2023 at 4:27 PM, usersmuser said:

Bad news, watched the final commercial and the trophy did not pop :(

(5/6, I watched commercial 2 in full in the Lodge!), for anyone reading this, it's best to wait for a patch!

This. It doesn't work. 

Epic Support also replied to me that developers are aware of the Koskela Ad issue and working on it.

On 11/26/2023 at 6:44 AM, TrophyChief said:
  •  
  • Will the update retroactively trigger the trophy if the requirement was already achieved

99% sure it won't trigger retroactively because the game itself doesn't register coffee ad in mind place. Maybe they'll just add it to the mind place for everyone with chapter 4+ save, but I doubt that. 

On 11/20/2023 at 9:33 AM, DavySuicide said:

Guys I don’t think the trophy is bugged. My counter showed 4/6 instead of 5/6 the whole time. But when I went to Sagas  Mindplace  I was able to watch all 5 collected ads. When I reached the Deerfest at the very end with Alan and watched the sixth and final ad the trophy popped. So I am pretty sure only the counter is buggy not the trophy itself. My advice check your progress within her Mindplace as long as you have 5/6 until the point of no return you are good even when your trophy counter stucks on 4/6

Short addition:  i had to watch the complete advertisement on the tv before the trophy popped. Might be important to point out 

Yesterday finished the game again watching every single commercial in full screen, but the coffee world one didn't register, and the trophy didn't pop up by watching the last one. But I was also missing Hidden by the Trees trophy (All cult stashes and lunch boxes), and I got the trophy way earlier then I should, without finding all the stashes nor the lunch boxes, probably because the ps5 had already registered the ones I got in my first playthrough. So, if you hold a save in the beginning of chapter 3, you should get the trophy with no problem, when they fix it, if you already watched every other commercials in others playthroughs.

• Like 1

Hopefully there's a solution for those who don't have a save at the beginning of Chapter 3. Either it gets added to the mind place if you are already past that point and you watch it from there or re-entering the palace lodge before the point of no return triggers it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SadisticSymphony said:

It's not really a game-stopper, plat-blocker for sure, but I'm guessing a majority, excluding this site of course, don't care about the trophy.

I mean it's a game-stopper for people who care about completing the game fully, like me. I've had to put the game down for a bit till they fix it or say it will be okay to continue playing and they will add it for everyone etc.. they usually were getting patches out quick it's just annoying lol

By the time I found out about this bug I was past the point that it made sense to stop playing. I probably wouldn't have stopped anyway to be fair. I finished the game a couple of days ago and now just staring at the one trophy with a 5/6 counter on it. Literally all I need for the platinum. 

4 hours ago, Evs-Win said:

By the time I found out about this bug I was past the point that it made sense to stop playing. I probably wouldn't have stopped anyway to be fair. I finished the game a couple of days ago and now just staring at the one trophy with a 5/6 counter on it. Literally all I need for the platinum. 

+1

I followed the guide, in which another collectible is placed as a missable, and in the end it's about that collectible thing that is "story-related". It's bad that so far no one has corrected the guide until the patch is released. Now literally platinum is unattainable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TrophyChief said:

Fix this already! 😉 Already completed two other games waiting for my time to continue. 

I know, they don't seem to be in any sort of a rush to get the fix out. I suspect they want to combine it with the NG+ release, which is supposed to come out this month. They didn't give an exact date for NG+ release, but the Game Awards are this Thursday, and I'm wondering if something will maybe drop then? Let's hope so.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Fix this already! 😉 Already completed two other games waiting for my time to continue. 

Lol, I wanted it for my 200th plat milestone so I've just been messing around with other games in the meantime... 😄 Though I also suspect it'll be part of a NG+ update since they've been so slow with it.

• Like 2