The Koskela Brothers bugged

KinkyMirage

The Koskela Brothers is bugged at the moment as I believe. The second tape (Coffee World) doesn't pop up. I have tried to start a game from previous save and still nothing. The version is 1.000.012. I will let know if any next patch will change it.

Edited by KinkyMirage
  • Like 1

Yep. Tried 3 times, collectible didn't register in Saga's mind palace.

Managed to play through both Alan first 3 and Saga's first 2 chapters fine on Saturday with no bugs otherwise. Will probably play something else for the time being till they patch this

Edited by Blandasaurus
  • Like 1

I've tried deleting and re-installing the game but it didn't do anything (wasn't expecting it to work but gave it a shot anyway). The stupid thing won't register. It's a good thing I have a save right before so I can reload once they hopefully fix it. I actually had trouble getting the first commercial in the police station to register too, but it did register eventually. They must've fiddled with something in the most recent patch and introduced this bug. Too risky to continue playing now as I don't want to replay this game so I'll just have to wait for the fix.

Edited by sanjinb

13 hours ago, gernot80 said:

Unfortunately it affects the Writer's Journey Videos as well...

You mean that there's a possibility that I have missed three Writer's Journey Videos too and I will need to start everything from the begining? I can't check that at the moment cause I'm at the Initiation 4 episode. F...

Edit: Nope, this one's okay for me, I see that PSN registered all three of them.

Edited by KinkyMirage
  • Like 1

Guys I don’t think the trophy is bugged. My counter showed 4/6 instead of 5/6 the whole time. But when I went to Sagas  Mindplace  I was able to watch all 5 collected ads. When I reached the Deerfest at the very end with Alan and watched the sixth and final ad the trophy popped. So I am pretty sure only the counter is buggy not the trophy itself. My advice check your progress within her Mindplace as long as you have 5/6 until the point of no return you are good even when your trophy counter stucks on 4/6

Short addition:  i had to watch the complete advertisement on the tv before the trophy popped. Might be important to point out 

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

Guys I don’t think the trophy is bugged. My counter showed 4/6 instead of 5/6 the whole time. But when I went to her Miniplace I was able to watch all 5 collected ads. When I reached the Deerfest at the very end with Alan and watched the sixth and final ad the trophy popped. So I am pretty sure only the counter is buggy not the trophy itself. My advice check your progress within her Miniplace as long as you have 5/6 until the point of no return you are good even when your trophy counter stucks on 4/6

Short addition:  i had to watch the complete advertisement on the tv before the trophy popped. Might be important to point out 

It's not appearing in Mind Place. That's the problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Akrioz said:

It's not appearing in Mind Place. That's the problem.

hm oh okay, i thought it might be a similar problem as it`s super strange that my counter was buggy at the same trophy some of you reported an error. But maybe for some of you who CAN access 5 / 6 adverts in the mindplace while the counter says you only have 4, you don`t need to freak out the trophy will pop for you once you reach "the Deerfest" chapter with Alan at the very end.

3 hours ago, Wired-Warlock said:

Does this mean the Alan Wake 2 platinum is unatainable as of now?

I was going to start this soon!

Well one user above is suggesting that the trophy still pops despite the collectible not registering on PSN/in game but I think people are too scared to check due to the lack of a chapter select.

If it weren't to pop I guess you would either have to play through the first five chapters of the game again or load a manual save to loop back around and get it

6 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Friends, will be following this thread. Appreciate any updates and more confirmation that this is fixed and achievable. 

15 hours ago, Wired-Warlock said:

Does this mean the Alan Wake 2 platinum is unatainable as of now?

I was going to start this soon!

I have just popped this trophy now, followed PP's guide for the collectibles and had no issues as every one counted when they should.

Hopefully you guys get this too. 

*I did watch all videos all the way through and the trophy popped once the last video ended. 

10 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

I have just popped this trophy now, followed PP's guide for the collectibles and had no issues as every one counted when they should.

Hopefully you guys get this too. 

*I did watch all videos all the way through and the trophy popped once the last video ended. 

But did you watch the second commercial (Coffee World) before or after the most recent patch? There were no issues prior to the most recent patch. With the most recent patch the second commercial won't register so yes, the plat is unobtainable for anyone on the most recent patch who doesn't already have this commercial in their mind space.

25 minutes ago, sanjinb said:

But did you watch the second commercial (Coffee World) before or after the most recent patch? There were no issues prior to the most recent patch. With the most recent patch the second commercial won't register so yes, the plat is unobtainable for anyone on the most recent patch who doesn't already have this commercial in their mind space.

Both were watched on the latest patch (1.000.012) and got the trophy earlier & the plat about 20mins ago.

13 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Both were watched on the latest patch (1.000.012) and got the trophy earlier & the plat about 20mins ago.

Just to confirm, you were on the latest patch the very first time you came across Coffee World commercial in Return 3: Local Girl and it showed up in your mind space after watching it?

9 hours ago, sanjinb said:

Just to confirm, you were on the latest patch the very first time you came across Coffee World commercial in Return 3: Local Girl and it showed up in your mind space after watching it?

Correct yes, I was on the latest patch. :)

Have played EU on the latest patch (..0.12). 2nd ad just doesn't want to register. Tried switching between Alan and Saga after every Initiation but it didn't help. For now, I'm done with Alan's side and will wait for a new patch. I don't want to waste time finishing the story in case collectibles doesn't register between playthroughs. On the other hand, this initial run might already be screwed, so even with the new patch there's a chance I might have to start from scratch. So, time wasted anyway 😕 Fingers cross, this will not be the case.

Edit:

Out of curiosity just checked patch 12 notes. Among others it says:

• Fixed premature notifications of Koskela brother’s commercials being available in the Mind Place (Good things come to those who wait.)

I guess they've overdone it 😃😃

Edited by theomgkitteh
patchi nfo
  • Like 1