Is this the best FROM can do?

BMJ2K7

I'm not the brightest person in the world, but I'm no where near the dumbest. However the company making this game, must have some of the dumbest people alive working for them. You make a buggy, glitchy, low frame rate game this late in the ps3/360 life cycle and yet you still punish people for your games short comings. How can you punish players for something that's your fault? How does that make any f**king sense? It seems the more patches we get, the more things it messes up, including more stuttering of the frame rate than ever before. Yet my game freezes while being invaded, bc the frame rate isn't very high, and has happened to a few people I know online and personally yet then when we go back in game it says due to repeated online quitting you have been banned from online and need a Bone of Order to play online again. I've already made a post about making sure to quit out properly or this could happen, well when the game freezes which it does, and frame rate stutters frequently well now if you freeze while invaded your also S.O.L. 

So guess what From Software FUCK YOU! With a game that just was shown recently which I can't remember the game off hand, even sites like Gamespot/IGN say its like a next gen (higher quality) Dark Souls game, and with Demon's Souls 2 being rumored to have started development and coming out in the next 2 years and maybe even being shown at this years E3 this seems to have put a nail in there coffin for me ever buying a game from them again. Dark Souls 1 and 2 are some of the buggiest games ever made, 1 was so buggy the developer came out and apologized before they fixed most of them. This feature makes no sense bc THEY ALREADY FIXED THE BUG WHERE THE RING OF PROTECTION DOESN'T BREAK SO THIS ISN'T NEEDED AND NEEDS TO BE REMOVED! Darksiders 2 wasn't this buggy, and didn't have this many game breaking bugs but it wasn't as hyped (and paid for better reviews) so that company went under (wish From Software would). This game has the TITANFALL effect, bc it's hyped people look past its flaws and give it a 9 or 10/10. Which people like AngryJoeShow called out a lot of reviewers bc of there blind all hype reviews and gave it a 7/10 bc of its short comings.

Does anyone know a way to farm Bone of Orders, so I can play online to finish the covenant trophies and beat and platinum this game before I sell it? I guess now that SONY isn't making them actually Q&A and bug test there game, they see no need to do so! Seriously how did this series become so buggy after Demon's Souls (the 1st game)? Things like this is why I am glad SONY still owns the rights to the Demon Souls name!

For the record, maybe next time you should start off with your question of "Does anyone know how to farm Bone of Orders, so I can finish the covenant trophies?" before you start hating on the game. Most people are going to look at the first paragraph, sigh, and are going to assume you are just really pissed off and needed to vent and are not going to read the rest your post.

But then again, maybe I'M missing the point and the inception of this post was to vent about how buggy the game is. If so, is it a digital or physical copy? If it's digital, erase it and re-download it off PSN. I heard this solves most bug issues with digital copies.

• Like 4

I never experienced any slow down, no freezes, no glitches during the whole time I played. And for the record it's high up on my list of greatest games. 

Is there's 1 thing in games I hate that's quit penalties. I hate it when the game freezes or you get disconnected from PSN and you get punished for 'quitting'. Fucking bullshit. 

It's a good thing, probably 0.1% of people have a freeze when they are being invaded but without this in place you would get people just quitting out. 

Edited by KillCount2121
  • Like 4

I have an online friend that's been playing this and his psn status has read "DS2 P.O.S." and when I asked him why he said there's been lots of issues with bugs and freezing so it's not just OP.

Can't possibly be worse than Fallout tho. I have been slugging through that little gem lately and holy cow. You know it's bad when you have to reload your game every hour to dodge incomming freezes. Totally turned me off any desire to play Skyrim or any other Bethesda games. Maybe PS4 will be better equiped to handle these epic style games. Here's hoping.

You can do the whole platinum off-line.

Sunlight Medals can be farmed in NG+ and up off a certain enemy.

Sentinel and BoB spells can be bought in NG++ from the Chancellor.

You can kill the random spawning red phantom in Belfry Sol for the Bellbro spell. (Should stack with any people you've already killed as a grey spirit) This one will take the most time because it has an uncommon spawn rate.

Will it take longer? Yes. But it is a possibility. FROM has never had good netcode when it comes to their 3 Souls games and it can be quite annoying.

Check the guide on here for the Sunlight Medal farm spot.

Edited by Yadilie

You can do the whole platinum off-line.

Sunlight Medals can be farmed in NG+ and up off a certain enemy.

Sentinel and BoB spells can be bought in NG++ from the Chancellor.

You can kill the random spawning red phantom in Belfry Sol for the Bellbro spell. (Should stack with any people you've already killed as a grey spirit) This one will take the most time because it has an uncommon spawn rate.

Will it take longer? Yes. But it is a possibility. FROM has never had good netcode when it comes to their 3 Souls games and it can be quite annoying.

Check the guide on here for the Sunlight Medal farm spot.

Never had a single hitch with the online though (over 100 hours)

Edited by KillCount2121
  • Like 1

Well, over 100 hours and the platinum I experienced a grand total of 0 glitches or freezes.

I suspece that the OP is, infact, raging at the best game of the PS3 lifecycle over his/her own poor internet connection.

Just play offline if its an issue - even offline DS2 is lightyears better than any other game on the system

• Like 3

Never had a single hitch with the online though (over 100 hours)

I've had a handful of poor connections, face stabs, backstab animations going all the way through without it actually registering the hit or damage. It's improved since Demon's but it's still mediocre. Most of the issues have been from getting invaded/invading. Only 1 or 2 bad co-op experiences with bad host lag. Just glad FROM thought through to continue having offline methods of getting some of the covenant spells. Although I do quite enjoy white/gold phantoming for people. Shame the soul rewards got nerfed so hard comparatively to DS1.

I've had a handful of poor connections, face stabs, backstab animations going all the way through without it actually registering the hit or damage. It's improved since Demon's but it's still mediocre. Most of the issues have been from getting invaded/invading. Only 1 or 2 bad co-op experiences with bad host lag. Just glad FROM thought through to continue having offline methods of getting some of the covenant spells. Although I do quite enjoy white/gold phantoming for people. Shame the soul rewards got nerfed so hard comparatively to DS1.

I'm tempted to go back and play Dark Souls and Demon's Souls, I'll probably get them since they are cheap but the reason that the issues are better in DS2 is because they actually have their own servers now. 

I never experienced any slow down, no freezes, no glitches during the whole time I played. And for the record it's high up on my list of greatest games. 

It's a good thing, probably 0.1% of people have a freeze when they are being invaded but without this in place you would get people just quitting out. 

No. What if my mother trips and falls off the stairs. Should I just let her lay there and keep on playing? 'Sorry ma you have to hang in there. I don't want a quit penalty!'

Bullshit.

• Like 2

No. What if my mother trips and falls off the stairs. Should I just let her lay there and keep on playing? 'Sorry ma you have to hang in there. I don't want a quit penalty!'

Bullshit.

To be honest if my mother tripped down the stairs, I wouldn't quit out of the game first... 

• Like 1

Bullshit.

Unless the person you are gaming with is the one who pushed her down the stairs, then yes, you should leave her there until you are finished - its not thier fault you have a malcoordinated mother ;)

I'm not the brightest person in the world, but I'm no where near the dumbest. However the company making this game, must have some of the dumbest people alive working for them. You make a buggy, glitchy, low frame rate game this late in the ps3/360 life cycle and yet you still punish people for your games short comings. How can you punish players for something that's your fault? How does that make any f**king sense? It seems the more patches we get, the more things it messes up, including more stuttering of the frame rate than ever before. Yet my game freezes while being invaded, bc the frame rate isn't very high, and has happened to a few people I know online and personally yet then when we go back in game it says due to repeated online quitting you have been banned from online and need a Bone of Order to play online again. I've already made a post about making sure to quit out properly or this could happen, well when the game freezes which it does, and frame rate stutters frequently well now if you freeze while invaded your also S.O.L. 

So guess what From Software FUCK YOU! With a game that just was shown recently which I can't remember the game off hand, even sites like Gamespot/IGN say its like a next gen (higher quality) Dark Souls game, and with Demon's Souls 2 being rumored to have started development and coming out in the next 2 years and maybe even being shown at this years E3 this seems to have put a nail in there coffin for me ever buying a game from them again. Dark Souls 1 and 2 are some of the buggiest games ever made, 1 was so buggy the developer came out and apologized before they fixed most of them. This feature makes no sense bc THEY ALREADY FIXED THE BUG WHERE THE RING OF PROTECTION DOESN'T BREAK SO THIS ISN'T NEEDED AND NEEDS TO BE REMOVED! Darksiders 2 wasn't this buggy, and didn't have this many game breaking bugs but it wasn't as hyped (and paid for better reviews) so that company went under (wish From Software would). This game has the TITANFALL effect, bc it's hyped people look past its flaws and give it a 9 or 10/10. Which people like AngryJoeShow called out a lot of reviewers bc of there blind all hype reviews and gave it a 7/10 bc of its short comings.

Does anyone know a way to farm Bone of Orders, so I can play online to finish the covenant trophies and beat and platinum this game before I sell it? I guess now that SONY isn't making them actually Q&A and bug test there game, they see no need to do so! Seriously how did this series become so buggy after Demon's Souls (the 1st game)? Things like this is why I am glad SONY still owns the rights to the Demon Souls name!

Are you sure it's not just your internet coneection? I've played Dark Souls about 40 hours and the only buggy thing I've encountered once was summon failed to appear.

Can we all stop abusing fallout 3 now?

I think we all love Fallout 3 (I know I do) but it is a mess with its bugs - you cant love Fallout 3 without accepting its flaws, the Fallout comparison was to illustrate that bugs dont instantly make a game bad, Fallout 3 is proof a game can be great despite its technical flaws :)

I'll be kicked for idling then. 

No the worst that's going to happen is you will die... You will die in Dark Souls? Omg oh no! ;_;

Can we all stop abusing fallout 3 now? 

I even enjoyed the hell out of New Vegas! Just thinking now, I'm considering going back to finish the rest of the other dlcs. 

• Like 1

No the worst that's going to happen is you will die... You will die in Dark Souls? Omg oh no! ;_;

I even enjoyed the hell out of New Vegas! Just thinking now, I'm considering going back to finish the rest of the other dlcs. 

Exactly. Quit penalties shouldn't exist in games.

I think they should have made it so you can actually pause while in offline mode. I'm curious though, if you hit the PS button will that freeze the game? It's worked with certain games in the past to allow you to pause cinematics that would normally skip if you hit any other button at all but I'm not sure if it'd work with DS2. 

I can understand not being able to in online mode due to invasions and such even if it can be a bit inconvenient. However, anyone complaining about no pause obviously never played any kind of MMO before as there is no pause. You deal with it accordingly, you play when you know you can play uninterrupted or you accept the possible consequences of having to quit/step away in the middle of something.

Mostly though it sounds like the OP just died and can't handle a difficult game.

Also as suggested, try deleting the game and reinstalling/redownloading - not sure if it installs on the PS3 version or not, I only have the 360 version.

Edited by BooneJusticius

I think they should have made it so you can actually pause while in offline mode. I'm curious though, if you hit the PS button will that freeze the game? It's worked with certain games in the past to allow you to pause cinematics that would normally skip if you hit any other button at all but I'm not sure if it'd work with DS2. 

I can understand not being able to in online mode due to invasions and such even if it can be a bit inconvenience. However, anyone complaining about no pause obviously never played any kind of MMO before as there is no pause. You deal with it accordingly, you play when you know you can play uninterrupted or you accept the possible consequences of having to quit/step away in the middle of something.

Mostly though it sounds like the OP just died and can't handle a difficult game.

Also as suggested, try deleting the game and reinstalling/redownloading - not sure if it installs on the PS3 version or not, I only have the 360 version.

No that doesn't work in Dark Souls.

• Like 1

Exactly. Quit penalties shouldn't exist in games.

Personally I think all games should learn from Valve, and more recently Respawn with Titanfall, and have people who quit games only get matched with other quitters.

That way the quitter is not punished directly, as they can still play, albeit only with other people who do the same, but the quitters are kept aeay from the people who play without quitting - that way eceryone is happy