Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

On 4/7/2024 at 5:21 AM, UnIvIIIrsum said:

✔️ 01. Oh… sir! The Insult Simulator

✔️ 02. Harvest Moon: Light of Hope NA

✔️ 03. Final Fantasy VIII

✔️ 04. Reus PSNP

✔️ 05. Tactics Ogre: Reborn

06. Yakuza 4 or Tales of Zestiria

Just got myself a PS5! Might celebrate with Yakuza 4 on PS3 lol.

Tactics Ogre: Reborn; Loved it!* But then into my second run into the 100 stages dungeon my main range dps was threatening to leave. Checked internet how too raise loyalty and the absolute best way is raising weapon skills but I made pretty much all my units worse the whole playthrough by leveling weapon skills that don't even fit their class. Just because max is nice. I went overboard and it cost me. The loyalty system just felt bad.

Hello mate, first of all, congratulation for the PS5 !

And i would ask you, do you have any suggestion for the "Say no more" trophy in Insult Simulator ?

I tried multiple times with different combination but don't how to deal with it...

• Like 3

@Rebourne07 for SW Battlefront Classic Collection, the PSNP difficulty is listed as 3/10. But the guide lists other possible difficulties (see spoiler below).. is counting this game as a 2-4/10 fair game? Or only 2/10 since that's what's actually listed?  

Spoiler

QUICK NOTE ON ESTIMATED PLATINUM TIME & DIFFICULTY
This trophy guide, available for both PS4 & PS5 versions of this game, is made with the general assumption that you will want to use the cheat codes to get the platinum much faster and easier. As a result, the difficulty will be a 2/10 and the estimated hours between 15-20 hours if you choose to use the cheat codes.

If you choose not to use the cheat codes, however, the platinum difficulty will otherwise be a 3/10 or 4/10 (based on player skill) and the estimated hours will be much longer, due to the grinding nature of the award ranks and what you will be required to do, which can lead to multiple deaths in the game.

Edited by KillerUni12
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KillerUni12 said:

@Rebourne07 for SW Battlefront Classic Collection, the PSNP difficulty is listed as 3/10. But the guide lists other possible difficulties (see spoiler below).. is counting this game as a 2-4/10 fair game? Or only 2/10 since that's what's actually listed?  

Hide contents

QUICK NOTE ON ESTIMATED PLATINUM TIME & DIFFICULTY
This trophy guide, available for both PS4 & PS5 versions of this game, is made with the general assumption that you will want to use the cheat codes to get the platinum much faster and easier. As a result, the difficulty will be a 2/10 and the estimated hours between 15-20 hours if you choose to use the cheat codes.

If you choose not to use the cheat codes, however, the platinum difficulty will otherwise be a 3/10 or 4/10 (based on player skill) and the estimated hours will be much longer, due to the grinding nature of the award ranks and what you will be required to do, which can lead to multiple deaths in the game.

Yeah you could use that guide for 2, 3 or 4.

• Like 3

To be honest, I don't know if I can continue this challenge. After the nightmare that was FFXIV for the PS4, I might have to take an extended hiatus to Eorzea to kick Shiva's @$$ and get into Heavensward as Dawntrail is coming and... OH BY THE TWELVE, IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN, I'M HAVING WAR FLASHBACKS!!!

Doesn't help that the next two games I platinumed were POWGI titles. 😭

Yeah, I pretty much can't guarantee any desire to buy the more difficult games on my list so I'll see if I have the stamina to continue and decide whether to pull the plug on this event. After all, I have a few other events I'm working on(Bingo Bonzanza, Spring Backlog, and Kaleidoscope 2024) so I may not have the time, alongside trying to get to Endwalker in FFXIV on my secondary account before June 28th when the early access for Dawntrail drops, to do any difficult platinums. Also, since I can't change my list and people said I should have picked Skul from the free games list as my 10/10 instead of Star Ocean 4, well, that sucks donkey (kweh). :(

I'll double-check what I want to do and I'll send out a post in twelve hours with my verdict. I'm not as good or as patient as some of the giga-chads in this thread that are doing multiple lists, so I wish all of you the best of luck regardless of whether I stay or go, and if I stay, I expect a full support group. (I know this event lasts for several months but I have ten games that need to die soon and were kept in the zombie parlor because of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. Karma for making it wait 6 months for 999 levequests... :angry:

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

FFXIV PS4 takes at least 6 months (I think?) and the leve's/Fates will come in time.

Oh, I already platinumed FFXIV PS4 hours ago. I just got my 1000 FATEs last night and popped the platinum. :)

FINAL%20FANTASY%20XIV_20240411231913.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zaxonzaxon said:

Been working on some Backlog Breakin' and have two more games to add:

4/10 -- Fallout 4: Revisited this old disasterpiece to finish off the platinum and a couple of the DLC packs. I'd hoped I could just load a save at the main decision point so I could quickly complete the last ending I needed (Institute), but I forgot that I played the game on Survival mode, which only uses autosaves. Whoops. Luckily I had a random character save file that was halfway through the story, so I was able to skip the boring early quests at least. In proper Bethesda fashion, though, the main questline hit a game-breaking bug near the end that prevented it from progressing, so I had to do it twice 🤡. (And now a week later they've finally announced the release date for the next gen update, which includes "quest fixes" for both the new and original versions 🤡🤡🤡)

10/10 -- XCOM 2

KtNt91a.png

(if you know, you know.)

Lotta badges from these two: Award Winner for Fallout's 2016 Guide of the Year runner-up, and Rare Letter and 1%er (0.87%) for XCOM. They also give me enough PS4 entries for PS4 Master, and now also 12 badges for Gotta Catch'em All!

List 1: Tryhard Badge Bonanza
  # Game Time UR 1TP badges
✔️ 1 The Playroom 1 4.20%   No Plat No Problem; Fanboy; Peripheral Master
✔️ 2 The Forest 55 3.60%   Y tho?
✔️ 3 Fallout 4 70 11% RPG Backlog Breaker; Award Winner
  4 Hundred Days 25 3.60%   Simmer
  5 Kingdom Come: Deliverance 150 2.10% RPG Above and Beyond
✔️ 6 Final Fantasy 7 Remake 75 13.33% RPG Old School; Brownie Points
✔️ 7 Yakuza Kiwami 100 3.40% RPG Old School
✔️ 8 Lumines Remastered 75 1.75%   Old School; Rare Genre; Guide Writer
  9 Red Dead Redemption 80 3% RPG Backlog Breaker
✔️ 10 XCOM 2 100 0.87% RPG Backlog Breaker; Rare Letter; 1%er
      --------      
PS4: 7/6 Grandmaster: 2/3 481/731   4/6 Gotta Catch'em All! 12/12

Current Badges:

PoKXZWi.pngZMyUIcs.png69OYObd.pngrusKixo.pngspacer.pngGfmFq8n.png9ecFreL.pngnePxaKd.pngodWe7mC.pngKqPK6IM.pngF5VKYG6.pngUltra-Rare.gifGotta-Catch.gif

Unfinished:

7AptHd9.pngNnVqfzc.pngJIHoItq.pngj4iWIDZ.pngGrandmaster.gifGrinder.gifUltra-Rare.gif

List 2:

Hide contents
List 2: Casual, Fresh Start
  # Game badges 1TP PS5
  1 ???      
✔️ 2 Quake II Guide Writer; Rare Letter   PS5
  3 Maneater Anthropomorphic Indie PS5
  4 The Last Guardian Fanboy    
  5 Power Wash Simulator Simmer; Rare Letter Indie PS5
  6 Cyberpunk 2077     PS5
  7 Outward   Indie ? ???
✔️ 8 Rollerdrome   Indie PS5
  9 Furi   Indie ???
  10 ???      
        1/6 2/6

Current Badges:

F5VKYG6.pngGfmFq8n.png

Unfinished:

vivrpJz.pngEMLwD2p.pngPoKXZWi.pngJIHoItq.pngsU2THm9.pngj4iWIDZ.pngF5VKYG6.png + ???

Great progress! Good job on your 10/10 too! 

one thing I noticed. Hundred Days doesn’t qualify for the Simmer badge. The game has to have Simulator in the title, not just the simulator genre tag. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Great progress! Good job on your 10/10 too! 

one thing I noticed. Hundred Days doesn’t qualify for the Simmer badge. The game has to have Simulator in the title, not just the simulator genre tag. 

Thanks! 

For Hundred Days, it is officially listed as both Hundred Days and Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator in different places, so I assumed that would be ok (I put the simpler title in the list for convenience's sake.) You can see the full title on the PS Store page, and it's also included as "Other name" on the psnp page. If that isn't ok, lemme know so I can find a replacement.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zaxonzaxon said:

Thanks! 

For Hundred Days, it is officially listed as both Hundred Days and Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator in different places, so I assumed that would be ok (I put the simpler title in the list for convenience's sake.) You can see the full title on the PS Store page, and it's also included as "Other name" on the psnp page. If that isn't ok, lemme know so I can find a replacement.

Ah ok. You’re good that’s definitely a simulator 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

List 1 (Traditional)

(Total Progress: 570/1000%)

#1: Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (PS4) (Progress 98%)  

#2: Maneater (PS4) (Progress 90%)

#3: It Takes Two (PS4) (Progress 91%)

#4: God of War 2018 (Roulette Game 1) (PS4) (Progress 0%)

#5: Goat Simulator (Roulette Game 2) (PS4) (Progress 97%)

#6: Wolfenstein The New Order (PS4) (Progress 97%)

#7: Soul Calibur 6 (PS4) (Progress 0%)

#8: Armored Core 6 (Roulette Game 3) (PS4) (Progress 0%)

#9: Doom 3/Dead Space 2/Shadow Warrior (Progress 0%)

#10: Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus (PS4) (Progress 97%)

List 2 (Hardcore)

(Total Progress: 919/1000%)

#1: COD4 Campaign Remastered (PS4) (Progress 98%) Difficulty 7/10

#2: Guilty Gear XRD Sign (PS4) (Progress 97%) Difficulty 7/10

#3: Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PS4) (Progress 97%) Difficulty 7/10

#4: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredders Revenge (PS4) (Progress 98%) Difficulty 8/10 

#5: Nioh 2 (PS4) (Progress 99%) Difficulty 7/10 

#6: The Evil Within (PS4) (Progress 88%) Difficulty 9/10 

#7: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS4) (Progress 97%) Difficulty 10/10 

#8: Split Second (PS4) (Progress 97%) Difficulty 7/10   

#9: Wipeout Omega Collection (PS4) (Progress 98%) Difficulty 9/10  

#10: Resident Evil 4 Remake (PS4) (Progress 50%) Difficulty 8/10  

Non-PSNP Guides

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Trophy Guide & Road Map (playstationtrophies.org)

WipEout Omega Collection Trophy Guides and PSN Price History (platprices.com)

Resident Evil 4 (2023) Trophy Guide & Road Map (playstationtrophies.org)

Nioh 2 Trophy Guide (griffinsgamingguides.com)

Jurassic World Evolution 2 Trophy Guide & Road Map (PS4 & PS5) (platget.com)

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign Trophy Guide & Road Map (playstationtrophies.org)

Soulcalibur VI Trophy Guide & Roadmap - Fextralife

Quick Update: Its been a while since my last update so I thought I'd update you guys on recent events. Haven't had much free time to dedicate to the challenge of late, my niece being off school for 2 weeks and being sick didn't help. I have made progress on Resident Evil 4 Remake on the PlayStation 4, I finished my first playthrough whilst grabbing the collectibles and completing all the merchants requests. 

At the time of writing, I'm on my second playthrough at the start of chapter 9. If I'm being completely honest for the last month I've had this itch to play Batman Arkham Knight on the PlayStation 4. Regrettably, I couldn't find a single guide that rated the base game high enough to fit it into my list. Only the DLC Community Challenge pack is rated high enough.

After careful consideration, I've decided to push RE4 Remake to one side for the foreseeable future, and focus my attention on a new project. Don't worry, I'll have RE4 as a side project as I become the Batman, protecting the streets of Gotham! My only saving grace is I'm close to completing the Hardcore badge at the time of writing, so I have plenty of time to complete the challenge. Finally I've decided to write a google doc for my Road to 100% of Batman Arkham Knight which will probably be published on PSNP at some point, provided I can clear it of course, cheers!

For Arkham Knight I found this guide that rates it at a 7/10.

• Like 3