Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

40 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Lol

I can guarantee you that Dissidia NT is more painful, more tedious, more soul crushing than any other game you’ve ever done before. There’s MUCH more to it than grinding treasures. Do DEEP research before committing. 

B-But it's Final Fantasy characters... !!!! :(

:lol: Okay, I am joking. I will try to do the research. But then again, it wouldn't be 10/10 if a game wasn't painful, tedious, and soul crushing. I mean, there's a thread on this board focused on the game I listed, Star Ocean 4, and in that you have to grind out painful soul crushing battle trophies for every character, even the ones you hate. ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zaxonzaxon said:

Completed Rollerdrome for 8/10 on my second list.

I was initially not expecting to use this for this event, as it's rated at 4/10 on psnp and that slot is waaay overcrowded already. After I started playing it, though, I looked around to see what other ratings it might have, and holy hell -- this thing is listed at 3 and 8 and everywhere in between. Turns out the game is in fact quite hard, but includes cheat codes "assist mode" for games journalists people who are turned off by hard games. I had a slot open on list 2 for 8/10, and I decided that if I was going to use that I would 100% avoid the assists. (I have too much cheating on my lists already as it is. 😑)

Well, I can say I'm REALLY glad I made that decision. This game was absolutely exhilarating, and the difficulty had one of the most satisfying, buttery-smooth learning curves I think I've ever experienced. It's very easy to pick up and get into, then pushes you with constant difficulty spikes that never feel unfair or impossible -- just keep playing, and your brain and fingers will adapt to the new levels of speed and chaos. (And with how fun the core gameplay is, "just keep playing" is a very easy proposition.) Overall a really satisfying plat, and very highly recommended to anyone who still hasn't tried it yet.

As for the rating: I thought 8/10 was going to be overrated at first, but in the end I think it's actually pretty reasonable. The challenges in the Out for Blood campaign (basically new game+ where everything is turned up to 11) are legit, and some of them took me hours to finish (lookin' at you, Barbican Arena time trial). I'd probably put this at a 7.5 personally, though Difficulty Elitists™ might consider it a 6 based on how forgiving the aiming and combo systems are.

Rollerdrome adds no badges, but my Quake II guide did get published recently so I can add my second Guide Writer of the year:

List 2: Casual, Fresh Start
  # Game badges 1TP PS5
  1 ???      
✔️ 2 Quake II Guide Writer; Rare Letter   PS5
  3 Maneater Anthropomorphic Indie PS5
  4 The Last Guardian Fanboy    
  5 Power Wash Simulator Simmer; Rare Letter Indie PS5
  6 Cyberpunk 2077     PS5
  7 Outward   Indie ? ???
✔️ 8 Rollerdrome   Indie PS5
  9 Furi   Indie ???
  10 ???      
        1/6 2/6

F5VKYG6.pngGfmFq8n.png

List 1:

Reveal hidden contents
List 1: Tryhard Badge Bonanza
  # Game Time UR 1TP badges
✔️ 1 The Playroom 1 4.20%   No Plat No Problem; Fanboy; Peripheral Master
✔️ 2 The Forest 55 3.60%   Y tho?
  3 Fallout 4 70 11% RPG Backlog Breaker; Award Winner
  4 Hundred Days 25 3.60%   Simmer
  5 Kingdome Come: Deliverance 150 2.10% RPG Above and Beyond
✔️ 6 Final Fantasy 7 Remake 75 13.33% RPG Old School; Brownie Points
✔️ 7 Yakuza Kiwami 100 3.40% RPG Old School
✔️ 8 Lumines Remastered 75 1.75%   Old School; Rare Genre(music/party); Guide Writer
  9 Red Dead Redemption 80 3% RPG Backlog Breaker
  10 XCOM 2 100 0.87% RPG Backlog Breaker; Rare Letter; 1%er
      --------      
PS4: 5/6 Grandmaster: 0/3 311/731   2/6 Gotta Catch'em All! 8/12

Current Badges:

PoKXZWi.pngZMyUIcs.png69OYObd.pngrusKixo.pngspacer.pngGfmFq8n.png9ecFreL.pngnePxaKd.png

Unfinished:

7AptHd9.pngodWe7mC.pngNnVqfzc.pngJIHoItq.pngKqPK6IM.pngF5VKYG6.pngj4iWIDZ.pngUltra-Rare.gifGotta-Catch.gifGrandmaster.gifGrinder.gifUltra-Rare.gif

Oh man! I had no idea Rollerdrome was a 8! That's great, I might put that in my pocket for if any of my planned 8's become too much for me. Good job man and congratulations on your guide :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maisie666 said:

Demon's Souls PS3 EU completed.  New fan servers work great, even managed to make a couple invasions stick.  That completes my quest to have all souls/borne/kiro/elden stacks, completed over 8 years.  Pretty much the only reason i bought a ps4 was bloodborne, and then got my first ps3 to complete demons and darksouls not long after.  Might even take a look at eternal ring now and see what i think.  OG demons is awesome, if anyone is considering giving it a shot.  

7.   - Broforce  PSNP  0.51%

- Dark Souls 2  PST 13.85%

8.   - Dishonored 100% XA 0.85%

- Demons Souls PS3 PSNP  11.03%

9.   - DeadBolt  PSNP   1.84%

10.  - Dustforce.  PST   0.43%

Nice! Good job on the whole Souls series! You going for the Hard Mode badge?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Nice! Good job on the whole Souls series! You going for the Hard Mode badge?

Thanks, I am going for the hard mode badge, not sure if i have it presented correctly but thats the plan.   

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Shyjun said:

@Rebourne07 Thought I would tell you before I forget: while double-checking the requirements for Minesweeper, I saw that the package deal requirement is missing from the list (both on main post and in the template).

Thank you, I'll update that right now

3 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Completed the excellent retro-style indie action platformer, Cyber Shadow, for my 6th game of this list. 4 more to go!

New Badge(s) Earned:

N/A

163-Cyber-Shadow.png

2705.png 1/10: Toem

2705.png 2/10: Doom 64

2705.png 3/10: Wukong

2705.png 4/10: God of War Ragnarök (PS5)

2705.png 5/10: Hotline Miami

2705.png 6/10: Cyber Shadow (PS5)

274e.png 7/10: Valfaris

274e.png 8/10: N++

274e.png 9/10: Rocksmith

274e.png 10/10: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (GER)

Badges Earned to Date:

Reveal hidden contents

EMLwD2p.png Anthropomorphic - Toem

ZMyUIcs.png No Plat No Problem - Doom 64

odWe7mC.png  Award Winner - God of War Ragnarök

PoKXZWi.png  Fanboy - God of War Ragnarök

Badges under progress:

Reveal hidden contents

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony (Indie genre, 4/6) Toem, Wukong, Hotline Miami, Cyber Shadow

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master (3/6) - Doom 64, Wukong, Hotline Miami

Just a heads up, whenever you post I see your list and badges but the game screenshot or image you try to post shows up like this for me: 

sn3CoRT.png

So you might wanna check into wherever you're getting those images from or however you're linking them. Idk if I'm the only one seeing it like that. After I took the screenshot it changed to this:

MVxRQTn.png