Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

49 minutes ago, Venal said:

X4Sh49Y.png

Finally done with NFS Heat, which grants me another badge too.

Good job! How hard is Need for Speed Heat really? I find that guide writers almost always severely understate the difficulty of racing games so I like to ask around. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Good job! How hard is Need for Speed Heat really? I find that guide writers almost always severely understate the difficulty of racing games so I like to ask around. 

Once you get accustomed to the driving and you find the cars you’re comfortable with, it’s not that hard. I did play on easy and I watched builds and guides since I’m not a big racing games player. 

Some of the activities can be really frustrating, mostly because of the random traffic. There are a few speed traps that are a pain to get 3 stars for, and I really wasn’t a fan of the drifting activities.

Overall, I agree with the 4. Maybe 5 if you’re really unlucky with the traffic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

ioGzIvZ.jpeg

Another game done with Azkend 2 which was actually a surprisingly difficult 100% but the mission carries on towards 50% and cleaning up my backlog from top to bottom.

Also wondering if this guide was ok to use for it. It's a little outdated but I would say it is still just as difficult as they state. 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/azkend-2-the-world-beneath/guide/

Congrats :) And yes that guide works

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Q9T2y6b.jpeg

Another Assassin's Creed Valhalla DLC done for some little chippy points. It's just a never ending game at this point though and I've still got 3 left but I'll probably take another little break from it and chip at something else. 

Dude for real, that game is such a slog. So many collectibles and so much DLC!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

Screenshot-2024-05-28-at-22-31-16.png

Finally completed Final Fantasy 16 and both DLC. 

I've gotta say, I have mixed feelings about FF16. It was undoubtedly a beautiful game, with fantastic voice acting and a gritty story. But it didn't really feel like a Final Fantasy game. And the combat felt very repetitive quite quickly, although I did have a lot of fun in my first playthrough.  

Doing the Hard Mode playthrough was quite the grind though, and it sorta emphasised the weaknesses in the gameplay. I was skipping a lot of the cut scenes, and without the 'filler' of the storyline, the gameplay was pretty uninspiring. I didn't find the boss fights particularly fun the second time round either, once I was over how 'epic' they were. 

Now that it's out of the way, I can hopefully start picking up some real points in this challenge haha. 

100% my thoughts exactly on FFXVI. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

100% my thoughts exactly on FFXVI. 

Yeah, I thought I'd actually enjoy the second playthrough more because I'd found my Normal playthrough very easy. But when you're skipping cut scenes, you realise the whole game is just walking from A to B with a few mobs and the same reskinned mini-bosses spattered around. 

I'm not sure you can throw some chocobos and marlboros into any old game and call it Final Fantasy. That said, I didn't love FF15 either ... I guess I haven't really connected with a FF game since FF13 and FF13-2. But I'm by no means someone who's played a ton of them ... just the main instalments (skipping the online ones). 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Uhm, need I ask how you got 999 hours on Endwalker alone? I would not ask this question if it was all of FFXIV because my goodness the hours you put in every other expansion are insane, especially if you were doing Second Coil Savage. :lol:

Honestly I don’t agree with the time estimate anymore. I wrote the trophy guide for XIV and it’s original DLCs and at the time my coauthors and I decided that the main game and all major expansions would have time estimates of 999hrs because 1) they are LONG and 2) there’s no accurate way to estimate their length. But looking back I think I’d rather put the main game at 999 and each major expansion at 200. 

• Like 1