Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

19 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

But it was almost 400 points since I could autopop the PS5 version and get 2 plats for the price of 1. 

I'm a little confused how auto-pops work for this challenge. Do you have to have obtained at least one trophy manually in a game prior to 2024, and then use auto-pop to get the rest? 

So, for example, if I completed Cyberpunk from my backlog on PS4 ... and then auto-popped it on PS5, the PS5 version presumably wouldn't count for this challenge as I don't have any trophies already unlocked for the PS5 version? 

I mean, this is all academic as I don't really use auto-pops, but I was curious haha. 

• Like 1

I am interested in joining this event, it however is taking some time to collate the spreadsheet. I'm not sure how to see what my profile % used to be before completing games etc. 

Furthermore, the spreadsheet stopped calculating my points and idk how to fix that, any advice please?

backlog-2024.png

Edited by LDN-Legend
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Finch_III said:

I'm a little confused how auto-pops work for this challenge. Do you have to have obtained at least one trophy manually in a game prior to 2024, and then use auto-pop to get the rest? 

So, for example, if I completed Cyberpunk from my backlog on PS4 ... and then auto-popped it on PS5, the PS5 version presumably wouldn't count for this challenge as I don't have any trophies already unlocked for the PS5 version? 

I mean, this is all academic as I don't really use auto-pops, but I was curious haha. 

My autopop counter becaus I had started both versions before 2024. If you haven’t started the PS5 version prior to 2024 then an auto pop won’t count.

9 hours ago, LDN-Legend said:

I am interested in joining this event, it however is taking some time to collate the spreadsheet. I'm not sure how to see what my profile % used to be before completing games etc. 

Furthermore, the spreadsheet stopped calculating my points and idk how to fix that, any advice please?

backlog-2024.png

Just make your best estimate on what your profile % was. As long as you genuinely feel it’s accurate it’s good. 

to get those to calculate just grab cells from above it and drag down to extend the formula. I’ve had it be finicky and require me to grab cells O->S and drag those down to properly calculate everything. 

• Like 3

On 4/10/2024 at 5:36 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Thanks man! Oh dude, how many points would GT5 be for you?? Do you have the online trophies so it's still obtainable for you?

As someone that has nearly finished GT5 I'll just say I can't believe how many points it's worth 😂, waiting till my profile is at 85% before popping the plat will be worth over 4000 extra points as well

• Like 3

On 12/11/2023 at 10:53 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Backlog Challenge 2024

Premise

During the year 2024 finish as much of your backlog as you can. Each game and DLC pack is weighted by difficulty and time estimate. Points are totaled up and you climb the ranks according to your earned points.

Rules

• The challenge begins January 1st, 2024 and runs through December 31st, 2024. Anyone can sign up at any time during the year. 
  • For a game to count it must have at least one trophy timestamped before January 1st, 2024 and at least one trophy timestamped after January 1st, 2024.
    • Games that do not have one trophy timestamped, but were loaded onto your profile at 0% do not count
    • Games you started in 2024 from scratch do not count
  • For a DLC pack to count, the base game or DLC pack must have at least one trophy timestamped before January 1st, 2024 and the DLC pack must be 100% completed after January 1st, 2024. The start date for any DLC pack is the same as the start date of the base game, even if you never started the DLC pack before 2024.
  • It doesn't matter if you're starting from a single trophy earned or a single trophy away from completion. It all counts the same.
  • If the game has a platinum trophy, then you must earn the platinum trophy to count it.
  • If the game doesn't have a platinum trophy, then you must earn 100% base game trophies to count it.
  • For DLC packs, you must get 100% in the DLC pack to count it. Each DLC pack is worth it's own set of points according to it's difficulty / time estimate.
  • If a game or DLC pack has a PSNProfiles guide, you must use the difficulty rating and time estimate from that guide. If a game has 2 guides, you can use whichever results in you getting more points.
  • If a game does NOT have a PSNProfiles guide, just post and ask if a different official guide with a difficulty rating and time estimate is ok to use if you can find one.
  • Auto pops count. Completion is completion.
  • When calculating points, please be honest. It'd be too much work to check the math and timestamps on every game for every player so realistically only the top performers on the leaderboard will be checked, but please aim to be as accurate as possible in your calculations and only include games you know you had progress on pre-2024 to keep things fair and fun for everyone.
  • The longer or harder the game / DLC pack is, the more points it's worth. See the Points and Multipliers section below for details.

Points & Multipliers

Reveal hidden contents
  • Each platinum, base game 100% or DLC pack you complete is worth: 
    • Difficulty Rating * Time Estimate
  • For example...if you had Cyberpunk 2077 in your backlog, having started it pre-2024 and then you platinum'd it in 2024 you would earn:
    • VpwAPjD.png
      • Difficulty Rating = 3/10
      • Time Estimate = 85hrs
      • 3 * 85 = 255 points
  • Or say you completed 100% trophies in the Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Banned Footage Vol. 1 DLC pack then you would earn:
    • fGmLEuF.png
      • Difficulty Rating = 7/10
      • Time Estimate = 15hrs
      • 7 * 15 = 105 points

• PROFILE MULTIPLIERS: The larger your backlog, the more options you have to earn points. However, for those with higher completion rates:
    • Profile at 80%+ completion => All points for each game past that completion level are multiplied by 1.25x
    • Profile at 85%+ completion => All points for each game past that completion level are multiplied by 1.50x
    • Profile at 90%+ completion => All points for each game past that completion level are multiplied by 1.75x
    • Profile at 95%+ completion => All points for each game past that completion level are multiplied by 2.00x
    • If your profile has any Hidden Trophies CRvbdw1.png then you are ineligible for a Profile Multiplier and must have a 1.0 multiplier regardless of your profile's completion percentage.
  • SYSTEM MULTIPLIERS: Special incentive is given to go back and do games outside the typical PS4/PS5 ecosystem: 
    • PSVR or PSVR2 games => All points for each VR game are multiplied by 1.25x
      • The game must require VR, not just have an optional VR mode.
    • PS Vita games => All points for each Vita game are multiplied by 1.5x
      • The game must be Vita only or PS3+Vita: 
        • m85BxrJ.png counts for the multiplier
        • N5qAKP1.png counts for the multiplier
        • h8Y21Mb.png does NOT count for the multiplier
    • PS3 games => All points for each PS3 game are multiplied by 1.5x
      • The game must be PS3 only or PS3+Vita:
        • BNqd0nC.png counts for the multiplier
        • N5qAKP1.png counts for the multiplier
        • kfGcosT.png does NOT count for the multiplier
        • GD3FxMO.png does NOT count for the multiplier
  • TIME MULTIPLIERS: The longer a game has been in your backlog, the more points it's worth:
    • Once you complete the game, look at the time to platinum / time to complete: 9B1xdO6.png
      • If this time is anything less than 1 year, it does NOT qualify for a multiplier
      • If this time is 1 year or greater, then a multiplier is applied using the formula: 1.Years
        • Ex: Platinum/Completed in 1 year+ => 1.1x
        • Ex: Platinum/Completed in 4 years+ => 1.4x
        • Ex: Platinum/Completed in 12 years+ => 2.2x
        • Etc.
      • Months are irrelevant. Only years count. 11 months is not a year.
      • This applies to DLC too. Even if you platinum'd the game forever ago. If you finish the DLC in 2024, then it qualifies for this multiplier. 
        • To find your start date for DLC, just use the First Trophy Date on the base game: sGzshXA.png
  • COMPLETION MULTIPLIER: For games with unobtainable / impossible-for-you trophies, you can get partial credit. 
    • This multiplier requires a bit more tracking. Take note of your Start % before beginning a game that you know you either can't or won't get 100% on and record it on the Google Sheet. It's hidden by default so you'll need to expand the two hidden section between columns E&H and columns L&N.
    • After getting as far as you can/will, record your End % and your Completion multiplier will be calculated for you. The formula is End% - Start% / 100. 
      • MGTDoFU.png
  • All modifiers stack!

Badges

Badges are a way of adding an extra layer of challenge to the event. You can earn each badge up to 10 times. When you earn a badge, simply update your Google Form and it'll automatically show up on the Leaderboards

• 4aJsxHE.png Arduity - Finish a game or DLC Pack of anything with a difficulty rating of 9 or 10
  • Z31gTN4.png Blood, Sweat and Tears - Earned 5k points even if you removed any outliers (1k+ completions)
  • smQIjfQ.png Closure - Platinum or 100% the base game of a game that you started your first year of trophy hunting 
  • bTVXw76.png Drop in the Bucket - Completed a game or DLC for 1 point (before or after modifiers)
  • YMHubRE.jpeg Finishing Touch - Platinum or 100% the base game of a true backlog game (1 year+) you already had 50%+ done
  • EIeP8m1.jpeg Got ‘Er Done - Completed 4+ DLC packs on a single game
  • HruHm0y.png One Shot - Reached 1000 points with a single game or DLC pack
  • kxkoYbT.jpeg Repentance - Take a true backlog game (1 year+) from <10% to 100%
  • b0SCJts.png Round 2 - Finish all DLC on a game you platinumed over half your profile’s age ago
  • dr24Rwm.png Wild Card - Complete ANY of the following:
    • Platinum or 100% a game with servers shutting down in 2024 
      • OR
    • Get all obtainable trophies on a backlog game with unobtainable trophies
      • OR
    • Platinum or 100% a game that has unobtainable trophies...but you've already earned them

How to Join / Participate

To sign up, just comment below!

• All you have to say is that you want to join, but you could post some other information if you want to like your starting profile %, backlog related goals for the year and/or games you're planning on doing.
  • If you're joining mid-year, you can just calculate up the points you've earned up to this point and post that to get started.
  • Here's an EXAMPLE Spreadsheet with Formulas and Charts! by @Xylobe to help track your progress. Just change the games and values to your own and everything will auto-update to calculate your personalized backlog completion stats (Though badge completions are all manual). Please use screenshots of this spreadsheet or links to a personal copy to update us every time you earn new points :D
  • To make a personal copy of the spreadsheet, go to the link and go to File -> Make a copy. Then just bookmark that and put your game information in it and post that link each time you complete a game. 
  • To ensure your link is visible to everyone else, click Share in the top right corner and change General Access to "Anyone with the link" and "Viewer".

4rqBW2g.png

• Upon reaching 5,000+ points total you can put the challenge's signature badge in your signature if you so choose:

hjDXqbI.jpg

Checkout the Leaderboards!

Fill out a Google Form to submit your score. Update it from the same link anytime you make progress.

Count me in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

Btw, is the new Remnant 2 DLC aswell eligible for the backlog ?
Did it to regain the 100% for it but it came out recently

Yes. If you had 1%+ on the base game before 2024 then all DLC that comes out in 2024 is eligible. That goes for all games that release DLC this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xylobe said:

image.png

April progress! Lies of P brought in a good number of points (guide overestimates, my beloved), and I also cleaned up several DLCs old and new. Made some progress on a couple of games I'm hoping to complete in May as well.

I also managed to finally dip below 100 incomplete games, which was a long-term goal of mine for a while. I was hoping to get there before 1000 total games played, and I just barely scraped by within that target (currently 96/1005). I trawled the dregs of my list, and I think the lowest I could get is an even 50, but that definitely won't be happening anytime soon.

Very nice progress. Congratulations on less than 100 incomplete games! I have 200 incomplete games and less than 500 total games so that's insane to me. 

Good job on FFXVI DLC, you might want to join PJP: Final Fantasy

• Like 3