Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

So I figured since I have already tackled or in the process of tackling a few backlog games this year already, I might as well throw my hat in the ring. 

I shall figure out the spreadsheet stuff and give my first progress report soon. 

I shall ask also, because Fernbus Simulator will count for part of my backlog clean up for this year, but as I am the only person who has 100%'d the game, and it is considered to have "unobtainable" trophies, when inputting it into my spreadsheet, how exactly would I go about the completion time and stuff? It's pretty much a "my word against anyone else's" kind of scenario, and of course, there is no guides online or anything, so I figured I shall ask before I put that into my sheet. 

Edited by GothGirlMaxine

35 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Sorry, but that is for the PS4 version and series VII is different on PS4 vs. PS5. The corresponding list on PS4 would be series XII

Dang ok. Yeah I can't find a guide for that either. You can always write the guide yourself. Ever tried writing a guide? It's much more accessible than you'd think. I'm a software engineer irl and I gotta say the trophy guide writing software on here is absolutely top notch for usability. 

36 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Been a while since I've posted but been working on some mammoth games. Finally done Assassin's Creed Valhalla which I actually enjoyed quite a lot. It was a little on the bulky side and I didn't really like the Asgard storyline nor the worlds, same with Norway and Finland, mainly because it was a lot of climbing or sailing which made getting to certain places effort. 

Also been working on 3on3 Freestyle which I'm nearly done with, just 140ish wins left, some assists and 100ish MVPS but done all the hard trophies. Probably going to work on the DLC now for Valhalla but my percent has gone up nicely this year. 

k7qO4bm.jpeg

Dude AC Valhalla is freaking MASSIVE, good job on that one. I'm no stranger to the grind, but that game's 70 billion collectibles did me in lol

• Like 3

Just now, Rebourne07 said:

Dang ok. Yeah I can't find a guide for that either. You can always write the guide yourself. Ever tried writing a guide? It's much more accessible than you'd think. I'm a software engineer irl and I gotta say the trophy guide writing software on here is absolutely top notch for usability.

I wrote a guide on PSNP before, yes, and same, that's also what I do irl. The problem is I already completed this DLC, there is no way to redo it, the PS4 version auto pops as soon as I load the game, and reaching it from a new game takes 100s of hours + even longer to build the characters. Also maybe some money to get good characters. It's quite a bit of content in this DLC, so I'd mainly watch YT videos or read other guides to write my own based on that. I just don't remember enough to write a guide at this point. Some trophies are self-explanatory, though, I can write a guide for those without checking the game. But not all trophies.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Dude AC Valhalla is freaking MASSIVE, good job on that one. I'm no stranger to the grind, but that game's 70 billion collectibles did me in lol

Yea the collectibles were overkill. What I did was clear a region then do the main quest for that region after. Still extremely long and I thought I was nearly done a few days ago but it just kept giving 😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

So I figured since I have already tackled or in the process of tackling a few backlog games this year already, I might as well throw my hat in the ring. 

I shall figure out the spreadsheet stuff and give my first progress report soon. 

I shall ask also, because Fernbus Simulator will count for part of my backlog clean up for this year, but as I am the only person who has 100%'d the game, and it is considered to have "unobtainable" trophies, when inputting it into my spreadsheet, how exactly would I go about the completion time and stuff? It's pretty much a "my word against anyone else's" kind of scenario, and of course, there is no guides online or anything, so I figured I shall ask before I put that into my sheet. 

So this first progress report is rather bare-bones and most of the games I completed this year were started in 2024, so this is all I can add for now. 

Since my query in the quote above lead nowhere, and due to being the only 100% achiever for this game, so it is ultimately down to personal opinion at this point, I have gone by the ratings I gave in the Post Your Newest 100% Thread after I completed it. (The image below has been updated, with respective badges to reflect this) 

I also have some backlog games that will be eligible including MotoGP 09/10, Road Maintenance Simulator, Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter, Call Of Duty Ghosts, Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight and On The Road. There might be more added in the future. 

image-2024-04-02-193513366.png

Edited by GothGirlMaxine
Updated information and added Fernbus Simulator points
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

As far as I know, if there's no trophy guide out there for the game, then unfortunately it's not viable for this particular challenge – unless I'm misreading your post! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

As far as I know, if there's no trophy guide out there for the game, then unfortunately it's not viable for this particular challenge – unless I'm misreading your post! 

As far as I am aware, the game is eligible for the challenge, since I started it in 2023, and finished it in 2024. From what I saw, there is no rule stating there must be a trophy guide published online.

Basically my original post asks, as the only person to 100% the game on PlayStation, how would I go about rating the game in terms of difficulty and time given the incredibly limited information online, without resorting to using the scores I gave from my personal opinion of the game's difficulty and providing how long it took me, which I have done in the end. 

3 minutes ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

As far as I am aware, the game is eligible for the challenge, since I started it in 2023, and finished it in 2024. From what I saw, there is no rule stating there must be a trophy guide published online.

Basically my original post asks, as the only person to 100% the game on PlayStation, how would I go about rating the game in terms of difficulty and time given the incredibly limited information online, without resorting to using the scores I gave from my personal opinion of the game's difficulty and providing how long it took me, which I have done in the end. 

You would need to either find or write yourself a published trophy guide to use the game. If there's no guides available anywhere and you dont anticipate one being written anytime soon I do recommend checking out the trophy guide writing software on here. It's awesome and straightforward and when your guide is published you can use the difficulty and time estimate from that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

You would need to either find or write yourself a published trophy guide to use the game. If there's no guides available anywhere and you dont anticipate one being written anytime soon I do recommend checking out the trophy guide writing software on here. It's awesome and straightforward and when your guide is published you can use the difficulty and time estimate from that.

Hmm... that would be quite a task but I shall look into this. I have written guides on the site before, so it's not like it's totally new to me, but thanks for explaining and clarifying this. 

• Like 2

vWGDExm.png

W5U2vvP.png

After finishing Final Fantasy Type 0, I lost my focus on my backlog and played new games instead. At least I completed them without any interruptions. I do not need to add more games to my backlog XD.

Now I am once again fully focused on my backlog and I made very nice progress over the past weeks. Also, I finally reached 95% completion! 99% is my true goal. After that, I might attempt 100%. Maybe lol. There are no unobtainable trophies in my profile, but games like Dead Or Alive 5 Plus and Star Ocean The Last Hope are huge obstacles for my 100% completion.

Currently playing Final Fantasy XIII-2.

@Rebourne07 There are no guides for Star Ocean The Divine Force here in psnprofiles. Can I use this Steam guide instead? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2886785648

Also, estimated time it says 100-120 hours. I decided to take the average, 110 then. Would that be ok?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, CorgiBootyy said:

Took 16K hands played and probably ~150+ hours of both my PS3's idling over the past 3 weeks to get it.

We need a shocked emoji on here. Wtf O_O

8 minutes ago, CurseBanette said:

@Rebourne07 There are no guides for Star Ocean The Divine Force here in psnprofiles. Can I use this Steam guide instead? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2886785648

Also, estimated time it says 100-120 hours. I decided to take the average, 110 then. Would that be ok?

Yeah that guide works great. When a range is given you can use the highest end of the range so that guide would be 5/10 difficulty 120hrs :)

1 hour ago, Finch_III said:

There are a few PS3 titles on PS Plus that I have in my backlog: Shadow of the Colossus; ICO; and Two Worlds II.

Colossus #3 on the PS3 version took me 7hrs straight one day, I took the whole day off specifically to do him, when I did it back in the day. It's extremely difficult and RNG based. Good luck bro. After completing that the easy but long grind for max stats isn't as bad as you'd think.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah that guide works great. When a range is given you can use the highest end of the range so that guide would be 5/10 difficulty 120hrs :)

Great, thanks! 110 hours works best for my Blood, Sweat, Tears score lol. 120 hours would give me 1050 points, so I prefer to keep 110 hours. I'll upload my score in the leaderboard later

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Colossus #3 on the PS3 version took me 7hrs straight one day, I took the whole day off specifically to do him, when I did it back in the day. It's extremely difficult and RNG based. Good luck bro. After completing that the easy but long grind for max stats isn't as bad as you'd think.

I think Colossus #3 was where I got up to when I played it originally. I bought ICO and SotC as a dual-pack game, and I didn't really click with either of them tbh. But they both have very early trophies – so by the time I figured I wasn't a huge fan of the games, I'd already unlocked one or two trophies haha. 

I'm not a huge nostalgia guy either, so returning to old games with horribly clunky controls and mechanics is not ideal. That said, I really would like to bring my completion percentage up! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

I think Colossus #3 was where I got up to when I played it originally. I bought ICO and SotC as a dual-pack game, and I didn't really click with either of them tbh. But they both have very early trophies – so by the time I figured I wasn't a huge fan of the games, I'd already unlocked one or two trophies haha. 

I'm not a huge nostalgia guy either, so returning to old games with horribly clunky controls and mechanics is not ideal. That said, I really would like to bring my completion percentage up! 

It surprises me you didn't like SotC in general, though everyone is different. For me it's Top 10 of all time, so I loved platinuming both games, but yeah the Hard Time Attack is extremely difficult. Though the remake version is way more fair in its difficulty, whereas the PS3 version's random grip loss due to frame rate issues is really bad. Good luck!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

It surprises me you didn't like SotC in general, though everyone is different. For me it's Top 10 of all time, so I loved platinuming both games, but yeah the Hard Time Attack is extremely difficult. Though the remake version is way more fair in its difficulty, whereas the PS3 version's random grip loss due to frame rate issues is really bad. Good luck!

Yeah, I think by the time I first played it (2013), it was already quite an old game and felt – to me – pretty dated. Even with it being a remaster.

Totally understand people love the atmosphere and gameplay though, especially if they first played it when it originally released. But I think a lot of that is nostalgia value haha

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

We need a shocked emoji on here. Wtf O_O

Ya it was pretty ridiculous. Especially comparing to my alt account getting extremely lucky and getting it in under 30 minutes. Granted it was AFK the whole time with turbo controllers, but I still had to check on it fairly often because the game freezes a lot and of course to set it up each morning or whenever I could have it running.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Nice. Are you going to go for the DLC? I've heard it's pretty tough! It's in my backlog, but possibly not going to be one I'm tackling this year.

Probably not, and if so, not right now. I've finished both The Last of Us games and Days Gone and played Dying Light in the last year. I think I need a break from zombie games for a little while.

• Like 3

Seeing as I was very closed to the BST score I had a look at my backlog to see if there were any quick games to complete and I saw this Ghost of Tsushima PS5 stack. It was missing one photo mode trophy from when they autopopped as I wanted to try the new expansion without going again through the base game. Unfortunately, it only awards me 181.5 points and bring my score short of 2.7 points from getting the BST badge. At least I get a new finishing touch badge but I am almost reaching the limit for this one.

I tried to do the DLC in Crash Bandicoot 3 since it seemed short for the remaining points but it only reminded me why I prefer 2d platformer over 3d as I was falling way too much for my taste and gave up midway as I was not enjoying it.

What's funny is that if I had not written a trophy guide for Flow I would have had enough points 😅

Now I just need to find another game to play in my backlog or wait for the next Dead By Daylight DLC to come out.

• Like 3

So I just realized today that there are hidden Start % and End % columns, and I figured that I'd try my best to find out what these values were when I started. Then I noticed that some of my badges weren't valid. And then I also noticed that the amount of points that I got from certain games was drastically diminished. Oh well.

I haven't managed to find out what my profile percentage was for the first 5 games though.

Anyway, here's my new and more detailed backlog :

07bSvnS.png

Edited by Venal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Venal said:

So I just realized today that there are hidden Start % and End % columns, and I figured that I'd try my best to find out what these values were when I started. Then I noticed that some of my badges weren't valid. And then I also noticed that the amount of points that I got from certain games was drastically diminished. Oh well.

I haven't managed to find out what my profile percentage was for the first 5 games though.

Anyway, here's my new and more detailed backlog :

07bSvnS.png

Base games and DLCs are scored separately, so when it comes to partial completions of games with DLC, you should be looking at individual list %s rather than the overall:

Screenshot-20240405-112856-2.png

I didn't look at everything, but you should at least be getting full points for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Days Gone.

• Like 2