Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

I just got a simple question: as far as I understand I should enter the overall profile percentage to 'Profile' column before I start working with the game? What should I enter if I've already completed some games before attempting this challenge?

PqBjs9G.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11P2L6idvILZWlF9lR4Ml39I19IeahoBOV-ciQ6_KU1s/edit?usp=sharing

Well I ground out the 47 story playthrough I needed in Guilty Gear. Ended up messing a few up so had to do a little over 50 total. Wasn't difficult, just tedious. Then knocked out the few other misc trophies I needed, like playing on every stage. All that is left is the time traveler trophy which requires getting to level 860 in survival mode 3 times in a row. I can barely get to level 100. I am just not good enough at inputting traditional fighting game strings for this. Reaction times are just too damn slow. So I think I won't be getting the final trophy is this. I will give it a couple more goes to see if I can find a cheesy strat, but sometimes you just gotta know your limits and shelve a game again.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, adrifected248 said:

I just got a simple question: as far as I understand I should enter the overall profile percentage to 'Profile' column before I start working with the game? What should I enter if I've already completed some games before attempting this challenge?

Welcome to the challenge :) Good question. You can just put your starting percentage as your completion % for all the games you've done so far this year. The % only starts to matter at 80% and since you're at high 60s right now it wont change anything to just put your current % for all those previous games.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, draqilo said:

I'm 5th now... This is good but I didn't did I update been a while, because I don't know how to use my spreadsheet...

What questions do you have about the spreadsheet? I can help

4 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

@Rebourne07 Alright for me to sign up? Think I have about 750 games on my backlog that I started before 2024, 🙃

Heck yeah man, welcome to the challenge! Just make a copy of this template spreadsheet (just replace the games already there with your own games you've completed this year) and that'll calculate your score for you. Then put your score in this google form and you're in :) 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CorgiBootyy said:

spacer.png

Finally a bit of progress for this challenge. Had finished some small things over that last couple months, but boost up my points quite a bit this month so far by finishing off Uncharted 4 DLC, RE5 Versus and now Black Ops II to 100%. Still need to finish off Resident Evil's Desperate Escape DLC to 100% the whole game, but getting the online boosting out of the way was a relief. Black Ops II was a long time coming, but had quite a bit of fun revisiting some of those old maps and truly completing them. Will probably put some focus on Black Ops III again after kind of getting put in the zombies mood.

Have been continuing to grind out both Monster Hunter World plats here and there, as well as the royal flush for High Stakes on the Vegas Strip, which is just a turbo controller AFK, but could theoretically take hundreds of hours of doing that still. Also have been playing Spider-Man 2 NG+, will be worth very little points for this challenge when a guide is up, but the game is still a ton of fun to revisit.

Completing the VITA versions of R&C 2/3 also puts me at having earned every possible Ratchet & Clank trophy which is pretty cool!

spacer.png

Oh man, that’s epic. Resident Evil 5 DLC and Black Ops 2 DLC are trophies I definitely wanna do soon. Any tips on those? Boosting required? Guide difficulty and times accurate? 

Also, congratulations on the full Ratchet and Clank series, that’s impressive!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Oh man, that’s epic. Resident Evil 5 DLC and Black Ops 2 DLC are trophies I definitely wanna do soon. Any tips on those? Boosting required? Guide difficulty and times accurate? 

Also, congratulations on the full Ratchet and Clank series, that’s impressive!

Both will definitely require some boosting. If you have access to either 2 PS3’s (or PS5 w/ PS+ Premium) you can boost half of RE5 by yourself, but will need either 2 people or another person with 2 consoles for the 2 “Team” modes. If you get the former you basically cut time in half to be around 9 hours for the versus trophies on PS3. 

Black Ops 2 has 2 EEs that require 4 people to do, as well as the 3 Diner Turned trophies. Pretty much everything else can be gotten solo iirc, but most of it is a bit harder solo. Couple misc trophies that require one other person. I got a little lucky and found a group that has a super nice guy that knows all the maps inside and out and is helping a bunch of people. 

One tip for the Buried and Die Rise maps is to go for misc trophies first and deposit a lot of points into the banks on those maps, will help a lot going for the EEs and on subsequent runs. Other maps dont have a bank though.

Edited by CorgiBootyy

1 hour ago, CorgiBootyy said:

Both will definitely require some boosting. If you have access to either 2 PS3’s (or PS5 w/ PS+ Premium) you can boost half of RE5 by yourself, but will need either 2 people or another person with 2 consoles for the 2 “Team” modes. If you get the former you basically cut time in half to be around 9 hours for the versus trophies on PS3. 

Black Ops 2 has 2 EEs that require 4 people to do, as well as the 3 Diner Turned trophies. Pretty much everything else can be gotten solo iirc, but most of it is a bit harder solo. Couple misc trophies that require one other person. I got a little lucky and found a group that has a super nice guy that knows all the maps inside and out and is helping a bunch of people. 

One tip for the Buried and Die Rise maps is to go for misc trophies first and deposit a lot of points into the banks on those maps, will help a lot going for the EEs and on subsequent runs. Other maps dont have a bank though.

How difficult are those Easter Egg trophies compared to the main game? Cause I remember Tower of Babble being hell on Earth.

On 3/17/2024 at 3:26 AM, Rebourne07 said:

Heck yeah man, welcome to the challenge! Just make a copy of this template spreadsheet (just replace the games already there with your own games you've completed this year) and that'll calculate your score for you. Then put your score in this google form and you're in :) 

Nope, spreadsheet won't let me change a damn thing..... good luck to everyone. :)