Nintendo will give you a free Wii U game if you buy Mario Kart 8

Lady Lilith

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-will-give-you-a-free-wii-u-game-if-you-buy-mario-kart-8/1100-6419314/

Update: Hold up! Wii U owners in North America don't get to pick from one of 10 free games: they can only choose from four. The titles on offer in the US are New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, and Wii Party U.

European customers, however, get to choose one game from the list of ten below when they purchase a copy of Mario Kart 8.

Original story: Nintendo really wants everyone to buy a copy of Mario Kart 8, so they're going to sweeten the deal: register a copy of Mario Kart 8 and you'll get a free Wii U game.

There's 10 to choose from as part of the impressive promotion, with some obvious winners (Wind Waker HD) and losers (Sonic Lost World) in the list:

Copies of Mario Kart 8 have to be registered on Club Nintendo before July 31 in order to be eligible for the free Wii U game, and the deal is also valid for customers who pick up the Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle or purchase the game digitally through the eShop.

Nintendo also announced today that it is actually possible to destroy the blue shell in Mario Kart 8 before it hits you. Thank heavens. You'll also be able to upload your own footage from the game directly to YouTube, which is something even the PS4 can't do right now.

Mario Kart 8 will be released for Wii U on May 30.

North America getting screwed again (the obvious VC thing and the SMB Deluxe promotion we never even got), this is pretty cool.  If only they were physical versions instead of digital...Oh well, I'd still take Pikmin 3 for free.

They must really be banking on Mario Kart 8 being a system seller with this promotion.

That sucks that NA only gets to choose from four, but at least they're mostly good games, and at least we still get a free game. This promo even works with the system bundle. Wouldn't surprise me if they do a similar promo when Smash comes out. Makes me wish I had waited to get a Wii U lol. 

Its not so bad for us North Americans. A lot of the omitted games on our list are pretty cheap already.

Wonderful 101 , Monster Hunter 3 and Nintendo Land have been discounted to around $22 on Amazon.

But I guess it does suck for those who already have those games.

I REALLY want to get a Wii U but im still unsure if i should get one  :unsure:

I want one very badly too. But I would suggest waiting for E3 or even the Holiday season to come around.
Its really likely that they'll either knock it down another few bucks, release a slim model or maybe even one with an actual HDD :P
Edited by rsoto1125