Hardest game of all time?

Stig-FD3S

Holy smokes this game hammers you.

Very easy isn't too bad, but even very hard(normal) smokes you.

A 1cc is going to be incredibly tough.

Challenge mode ranges from easy to near impossible

Ignition is unbeatable for me

Expert is absolutely insane

Extra stage is also again, really really hard

But damn if it isn't one of the best games ever

Mushihimesama maybe?

Also Ketsui just don't have a hard trophy list. Otherwise it would be extremely hard.

The Ura loop requires you to get 1cc with no deaths, no bombs and have at least a score of 120 million

Edited by Vergil
  • Like 2

@CelestialRequiem Maybe after Akai Katana! I owe Sol Cresta a new future play as well because of your high recommendation. Still got a couple other tough ones I’d like to conquer including Raiden 3 and 4 and Ikaruga. As far as tough games go Robotron 2084 and Deathsmiles on 360 definitely come to mind. Pretty much majority of the cave games are a really tough list on there as @Vergilwas saying. My buddy on 360, Toxik Helg0r, has all of them done and is the only known person to have completed them all in the series I believe (in addition to pretty much every other reputable shooter that has been released). 

• Like 2

Based on what I played of this and what I've been told by the only person close to completing on PC (with 350 hours), I'm fully confident in nobody platinuming this for a few years at least. Expert mode is absurd and doing three 1CCs in a row just doesn't seem feasible in my eyes. @Stig-FD3Sget ready to fight over that number 1 spot on the leaderboards 🙃

11 minutes ago, KiT4NoS said:

I was tempted to buy it with the current promo but the forum talked me out of it 😅.

I'm a Shmups lover, but the unattainable trophies are enough to put me off the game imo (even if the AD is superb).

Which ones are unobtainable? Everything that has been attempted has worked so far. Apparently the Expert Clear trophies are misleading and either need a 1CC or a standard 3 credit run, but that is all afaik.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 11:20 PM, Darkette said:

Which ones are unobtainable? Everything that has been attempted has worked so far. Apparently the Expert Clear trophies are misleading and either need a 1CC or a standard 3 credit run, but that is all afaik.

Well, R.I.P to this. I was playing the game yesterday and realised that my scores weren't being counted anymore, at all, which was weird and pretty inconvenient consodering I was going to farm score to unlock the all filters/bullets trophies. Then I found a way to grind points really easily (the final challenge, 10k points every 3 seconds). Got to 10 million (its what you need for 45/45 unlocks) and neither of the two trophies popped 🫠

I reached out to someone with direct contact with the devs (I couldn't find any contacts for the devs themselves) and he said he'll forward it, hopefully that is the case and an update will be seen relatively soon 😅

Edit: there probably aren't extra unlocks for those wondering, the rarity of the two trophies are pretty high on steam compared to everything else, so its safe to assume that they should've popped within the 45 unlocks

Edited by PunisherXD2006
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 9:26 AM, PunisherXD2006 said:

Well, R.I.P to this. I was playing the game yesterday and realised that my scores weren't being counted anymore, at all, which was weird and pretty inconvenient consodering I was going to farm score to unlock the all filters/bullets trophies. Then I found a way to grind points really easily (the final challenge, 10k points every 3 seconds). Got to 10 million (its what you need for 45/45 unlocks) and neither of the two trophies popped 🫠

I reached out to someone with direct contact with the devs (I couldn't find any contacts for the devs themselves) and he said he'll forward it, hopefully that is the case and an update will be seen relatively soon 😅

Edit: there probably aren't extra unlocks for those wondering, the rarity of the two trophies are pretty high on steam compared to everything else, so its safe to assume that they should've popped within the 45 unlocks

I spoke to one of the devs on Twitter and they said they have a patch incoming to fix these issues. Also the “Clear Expert with X ship” is indeed a 1CC, confirmed by the same person. The description will also be fixed.

2 minutes ago, Darkette said:

I spoke to one of the devs on Twitter and they said they have a patch incoming to fix these issues. Also the “Clear Expert with X ship” is indeed a 1CC, confirmed by the same person. The description will also be fixed.

that's very good news to me haha. I guess I gotta use twitter to contact them in the future then. 😂
Oh, I also managed to pique some PC people's interest for the game, so more information might arise regarding it's difficulty in the distant future as they start to make progress on this.

• 2 weeks later...

The difficulty of this platinum is severely understated. Perhaps due the genre being niche but I mean DAYUM! 😆 Can't believe people 1CC'd this within the first few days of release.

I can't even play with all the ships let alone beat it on Normal (Very Hard) on Original mode. Ignition mode is just out of the question. Stage 2 just washes me.

Edited by tokyobassist
  • Like 1