Low platinum percentage?

X_Ray_Zap

I'm considering doing the handsome collection (Borderlands 1, 2, and pre-sequel) after doing a bit of trophy cleanup. That being said, I've noticed that the platinum percentage of the pre-sequel is considerably lower than the ones for any of the other installments. Is there a specific reason for this, should I be worried? And is it because of glitches, difficulty, or people giving up on it?

Imho TPS is the worst installment of whole series. Missions are tedious and u can feel that there is lack of specific sense of humour from past games, buggy trophies and ton of grind unless u have high level friend who can carry u over to lvl 50 very fast. Don't recommend playing it. Just complete/platinum BL1, 2, 3 and maybe Tiny Tina. Give up on this, because u will get frustrated very soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crusad3rp said:

Imho TPS is the worst installment of whole series. Missions are tedious and u can feel that there is lack of specific sense of humour from past games, buggy trophies and ton of grind unless u have high level friend who can carry u over to lvl 50 very fast. Don't recommend playing it. Just complete/platinum BL1, 2, 3 and maybe Tiny Tina. Give up on this, because u will get frustrated very soon.

Personally, I'm one of those fans who loves this game to death and sees it as an under-appreciated title but I do fully appreciate and understand why so many dislike it, even all these years later :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

Honestly, at the time of release it was pretty much the same uninspired game we had played 2 times already. Excluding the fuckload of dlc's even. But now with moon jumping and bubble skills. woah.

I was bored out of my mind and never returned to it. Don't have any intention of doing so either.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 5:01 AM, X_Ray_Zap said:

I'm considering doing the handsome collection (Borderlands 1, 2, and pre-sequel)

Just a note, The Handsome Collection doesn't include Borderlands 1.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Just a note, The Handsome Collection doesn't include Borderlands 1.

Correct. Pandora's Box Edition does, not the Handsome Collection.

53 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

But now with moon jumping and bubble skills. woah.

I was bored out of my mind and never returned to it.

Butt slamming never got old.

For OP: I think Borderlands 3 was the worst of the series in terms of story, but I did put more hours into it than TPS. The arena DLC was a Moxxi Underdome reskin, but the Claptrap DLC was decent. Overall this just felt a little undercooked, which also doesn't surprise me coming from a different and smaller studio from another part of the world forced to try to emulate what's been done twice before. If you like looter shooters, if you like silly stupid humor, and if you enjoy the Borderlands series overall, you'll for sure find some enjoyment with TPS, even if it doesn't end up being your favorite. I wouldn't say go into it with low expectations, but certainly don't expect to be playing a game of the year contender.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, veryrareoriginal said:

The collection literally lists what's available 

Not everyone reads that bit, at least not properly, as per the the OP of this thread:

On 12/20/2023 at 10:01 AM, X_Ray_Zap said:

I'm considering doing the Handsome Collection (Borderlands 1, 2 and Pre-Sequel) after doing a bit of trophy cleanup. That being said, I've noticed that the platinum percentage of the pre-sequel is considerably lower than the ones for any of the other instalments. Is there a specific reason for this, should I be worried? And is it because of glitches, difficulty, or people giving up on it?

Only the Legendary and Pandora's Box Editions include the first game.

• Like 4