PS4 version to shut down August 2nd

DesmaBR

Thankfully I found two amazing boosting partners and I tackled this absurd list last year. When I started the game in 2017, I never thought I would have made it.

Rip to this game: thanks for the 75 hours of fun during the legit play and for giving me such rare Trophies, but not thanks for the 150-200 hours of grinding. 🤫

• Like 3

I messaged @Djzaczk a little while ago to ask him about the grind. He recommended not to start it... so I haven't but looks like a good thing with this announcement. I have time to dedicate to boosting but I don't care for the forced grinds anymore to hit a deadline. Too many games out there.

To @Djzaczk ... I know you wanted to finish this up so I'm just tagging you in case you hadn't seen this.

• Like 1

I don't seem to understand this part of the article, "we will begin the sunset phase starting February 1st through August 2nd. As of February 1st, we will be disabling all monetization for these players." So they're already initiating a shutdown process starting February? Just doesn't make sense.

5 minutes ago, imminent-file5 said:

disabling all monetization

disabling monetization = removing ability to use real money buy in-game content. Sounds like the game will be available until August 2nd, but w/o the ability to spend real money on microtransactions. 

5 minutes ago, NeuralPotato said:

disabling monetization = removing ability to use real money buy in-game content. Sounds like the game will be available until August 2nd, but w/o the ability to spend real money on microtransactions. 

I forgot the game had microtransactions, so that makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying. 

The game seems to be completely delisted already on PS5 & browser, but it seems claiming it on PS4 or Mobile does the trick (for now). 

I posted about it on the following thread. 

Edited by imminent-file5
Update
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tony_snake_24 said:

You can still add it to your library from the PS App, for now.

Yeah… I don’t see it now (AU store).

EDIT: Apparently this never came out Down Under.

Edited by Dry

1 hour ago, Dry said:

Yeah… I don’t see it now (AU store).

I don't think we ever had this come to our store, or maybe I'm wrong. I had to sign into my NA account and redeem it on that through the app.

Which is why I want to ask if anyone knows if buying something from the store makes this game easier? Is there anything that makes this game much harder or impossible if I don't purchase something? Because if it's not available in my store, I can't buy in-game stuff to use on my main.

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Riiszk said:

I don't think we ever had this come to our store, or maybe I'm wrong. I had to sign into my NA account and redeem it on that through the app.

Which is why I want to ask if anyone knows if buying something from the store makes this game easier? Is there anything that makes this game much harder or impossible if I don't purchase something? Because if it's not available in my store, I can't buy in-game stuff to use on my main.

According to the guide, some weapons kill faster and better than others. Problem is, you rent weapons, or buy them permanently for a lot of currency. I think that's the only thing regarding that. But if you can get enough money to rent over and over it shouldn't be a problem to finish the missions and boost kills.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:09 AM, tony_snake_24 said:

According to the guide, some weapons kill faster and better than others. Problem is, you rent weapons, or buy them permanently for a lot of currency. I think that's the only thing regarding that. But if you can get enough money to rent over and over it shouldn't be a problem to finish the missions and boost kills.

Blacklight: Retribution is the same, you either rent weapons for a small fee or nearly bankrupt yourself buying them outright :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Blacklight: Retribution is the same, you either rent weapons for a small fee or you nearly bankrupt yourself buying them outright :(.

That's true. Attachments and mechs as well. And that game was very doable just renting. And it seems you can just run them over!

16 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

When I boosted, I did all the kills by running over the other players with a car.

Except those for Drive-by, CarBoom! and Barbeque, obviously.

So, this is the best method to farm the kills then?

6 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

That's true. Attachments and mechs as well. And that game was very doable just renting. And it seems you can just run them over!

So, this is the best method to farm the kills then?

At least as far as I know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its a shame, loved the OG release on PC and played it a lot with a friend and made my sub fee easily by selling IT Crowd theme death tunes and A Team van skins 😂. Getting killed by someone who had a tune you sold them was oddly humbling