Just A Few Tips for 100%ing

TheBlaskar

• 2 weeks later...

of course it is😅 as soon as I buy any game, it's free on PS+ within a month. but yeah I hope the guide helps! It should, at the very least, allow you to know what's in store within the Plat experience for the game and cut down on 8-10 hours of gameplay

15 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

whAT YOU TALKING ABOUT THERE IS NO S ranking in the game! ??? Its a souls game not get a S ranking in the game ????

My guy… an S-Rank trophy stat refers to the rank next to the trophies on your PSNProfiles page, i.e. 100% trophies earned. You know, the big blue “S” next to your hundreds of paid plats

Thanks for your input tho

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, TheBlaskar said:

My guy… an S-Rank trophy stat refers to the rank next to the trophies on your PSNProfiles page, i.e. 100% trophies earned. You know, the big blue “S” next to your hundreds of paid plats

Thanks for your input tho

I thought you said S-ranking for all mission in this game!! LOL HAHAHA 

Can't find any info of this anywhere, hoping you will know, but does Assist Mode block any trophies from the DLC? I know it blocks some trophies from the base game and seeing as I don't purchase PSPlus on my own account I can't save scum forcing two playthroughs.

So I was thinking of doing the Incorruptible run getting all the blocked trophies, then doing a NG+ playthrough with some assist options to get the Royalist ending, then finally moving onto the DLC.

Just don't want to turn on assist mode to find out the save file is basically void when it comes to the DLC trophies.

42 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Can't find any info of this anywhere, hoping you will know, but does Assist Mode block any trophies from the DLC? I know it blocks some trophies from the base game and seeing as I don't purchase PSPlus on my own account I can't save scum forcing two playthroughs.

So I was thinking of doing the Incorruptible run getting all the blocked trophies, then doing a NG+ playthrough with some assist options to get the Royalist ending, then finally moving onto the DLC.

Just don't want to turn on assist mode to find out the save file is basically void when it comes to the DLC trophies.

I am not sure which, if any, would be blocked with the use of assist mode - if I had to wager a guess I'd assume it would be anything kill-related and not story-related or collectible-related which goes the same for the base game, but I can't say for certain with the DLC trophies. On NG+ you'll probably find that you won't need assist mode as much as one would expect but if you want to play around with it, I'd recommend doing the DLC in the first playthrough just to be ultra safe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

If you check comments to one of the guides here, i listed all the trophies assist mode voids, I also mentioned it in my platinum videos description. Unfortunately the guide creator never updated the guide with the info ;(

As for whether they void DLC trophies, thats currently unknown unfortunately (no guide creators could even check?), though I will be testing it eventually, though thats a few weeks out.

My Roadmap from my own in progress guide is complete the game with incorruptible ending and do all the trophies it voids beforehand, then go assist mode and do the rest. Though of course depending on DLC assist, that will need fitting in after incorruptible

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

My Roadmap from my own in progress guide is complete the game with incorruptible ending and do all the trophies it voids beforehand, then go assist mode and do the rest. Though of course depending on DLC assist, that will need fitting in after incorruptible

oh hey Opti, didn’t know you were doing a guide for this so early as your hands your were full, I thought. I’m going to assume you’re uploading your save to the cloud for your guide? If so I will probably have to modify it a bit if I follow it. 

I was going to test assist mode and DLC trophies myself on an alt account. Just have to wait for the DLC to be on sale then speedrun like 80% of the game. Shouldn’t be too hard with invincibility though. 

3 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

oh hey Opti, didn’t know you were doing a guide for this so early as your hands your were full, I thought. I’m going to assume you’re uploading your save to the cloud for your guide? If so I will probably have to modify it a bit if I follow it. 

I was going to test assist mode and DLC trophies myself on an alt account. Just have to wait for the DLC to be on sale then speedrun like 80% of the game. Shouldn’t be too hard with invincibility though. 

Yea, 2 parts up currently and text guide is linked in video description. I wasnt going to cover it, but guess couldnt resist in the end ;)

Gimme a week or so for me to get there in the guide and i'll update here once I have tested it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Yea, 2 parts up currently and text guide is linked in video description. I wasnt going to cover it, but guess couldnt resist in the end ;)

Gimme a week or so for me to get there in the guide and i'll update here once I have tested it.

Optinooby with another text platinum guide, hell yeah! Can't wait until is finished!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 4:33 AM, BestUsername---- said:

DLC trophies all work ON Assist Mode!! I even figured out a route to get ALL DLC trophies in 30 minutes ;)

Something really bad though when it comes to farming combat trophies. Those 3 enemies near the Carriage in Luxembourg which are REALLY good for a variety of trophies, well once you speak to Abbe about the DLC, these 3 enemies DESPAWN forever for the rest of that playthough ;(! This is because a note related to the DLC spawns near the enemies, and guess they just decided to remove them once you trigger the note to spawn.

Beware, that farm spot is HIGHLY missable! These are a few things the guides here need to mention, I will mention it when I get a moment to write it up.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

DLC trophies all work ON Assist Mode!! I even figured out a route to get ALL DLC trophies in 30 minutes ;)

Something really bad though when it comes to farming combat trophies. Those 3 enemies near the Carriage in Luxembourg which are REALLY good for a variety of trophies, well once you speak to Abbe about the DLC, these 3 enemies DESPAWN forever for the rest of that playthough ;(! This is because a note related to the DLC spawns near the enemies, and guess they just decided to remove them once you trigger the note to spawn.

Beware, that farm spot is HIGHLY missable! These are a few things the guides here need to mention, I will mention it when I get a moment to write it up.

Oooh is the Opti Text guide done?!

3 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

@Optinoobythe module key in the forest is glitched. I picked it up, and like you in the video it never popped up but it also isn't in my inventory either, loot spot is gone. Just heads up.

Thanks, a few have reported that. There are actually plenty of extra keys so its not a big problem luckily

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 1:51 AM, Optinooby said:

Thanks, a few have reported that. There are actually plenty of extra keys so its not a big problem luckily

Last thing Opti I have been following your text guide, but I have 70K essence is there anything I need to use it on, in your videos you don't seem to have that much? I have been upgrading when you list it in your guide.

3 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Last thing Opti I have been following your text guide, but I have 70K essence is there anything I need to use it on, in your videos you don't seem to have that much? I have been upgrading when you list it in your guide.

in part #8 we will be spending 98725 on shop items ;). But we will sell stuff to get that money.

In the meantime, level up if you want, Power is the best stat to invest as later we get a module that makes Power scaling shoot up

• Like 2

3 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Hey @Optinooby great guides as always! I see you're focusing on upgrading the Falchion and sabre. What do you think of focusing on the Discus Chain? I got it from the Bastille Edition and has better stats.

Thanks!!

You're the one playing mate so give it a go if ya want, havent got that myself so cant say.

Though from the weapons i have used, personally nothing beats the spammability (is that a word?) of the dual weapons in the way i used them. I dont even dodge most the time, just spam R2 for the whole fight.

Pretty sure that any other weapon/build, no matter how strong, the player will still need to dodge attacks and such.

The only other OP build i know is that 1.00 explosive grenade build, but it was patched.

• Like 2

Hey @Optinooby quick question.

To pop the combat elemental trophies (freezing, igniting, electrocuting), can you confirm if grenades work for this? Or do you have to use weapons to cause these effects?

is there anyway to track how many of each I’ve done to enemies?

I’m through 2 playthroughs and none of these trophies have popped for me yet. Starting to feel tedious.

6 hours ago, KoeichiHero said:

Hey @Optinooby quick question.

To pop the combat elemental trophies (freezing, igniting, electrocuting), can you confirm if grenades work for this? Or do you have to use weapons to cause these effects?

is there anyway to track how many of each I’ve done to enemies?

I’m through 2 playthroughs and none of these trophies have popped for me yet. Starting to feel tedious.

No way to track, but grenades do work yes, its how i do it in the guide. The improved grenades work really well on the 3 enemies nea the Luxembourg carriage. You throw 1 at the middle enemy and it affects all 3, so 3 effects for the price of 1!! 33 improved grenades needed instead of 100 and also 3 times quicker of course!!

• Like 2