Nintendo Is Bringing Real Toys To Its Video Games

Lady Lilith

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-bringing-real-toys-to-its-video-games-1573268588

swfll7qg7wr2qnfcqlhk.jpg

While it's dabbled with the technology already in Pokemon Rumble U, Nintendo is about to get serious with the Wii U's NFC (Near-Field-Communication) capabilities.P

At an investor Q&A today in Japan, the company spoke briefly about its plans for NFP, or Nintendo Figure Platform. Think Skylanders, or Disney Infinity, only with Nintendo characters.P

While a full reveal is planned for E3, Nintendo did show off an image of what a Mario figure could look like, as well as saying that games and figures wouldn't just run on a Wii U, but on a 3DS as well via a wireless adapter.P

rbdwgbbmfa6rvltbvftg.jpg

I think Nintendo really likes Skylanders.

There was a time where I greatly enjoyed the concept of purchasing and collecting a bunch of figures, cards -- really anything collectible. However, with how things have turned up with Skylanders (four installations, plus random variants), Disney Infinity, and various others, I just don't think I can really get into something like that.

Hell, I'm not even sure why I started getting Pokemon cards again. =/

Activision took Skylanders to Nintendo and offered them an exclusive deal to publish Spyro's Adventure on Wii. Nintendo declined to invest beyond some basic marketing when a full partnership was on offer. Two billion dollars later and Bobby Kotick and Co are laughing all the way to the bank. And now Nintendo's taking the piss by copying Skylanders just when the augmented reality toy bubble is due to burst. Get your shit together Ninty...

I may be a longtime Nintendo fan, but...that's really fucking stupid of them.

FUCK YOU NINTENDO.

Seriously this is just getting sad. They know they can milk their fanboys and instead of actually working hard to gain back the trust of gamers and develop new and interesting ideas. They are just ripping off Skylanders (which is already one of the sickest things to happen to gaming) and are going to squeeze their fans because that is all they can do.

Seriously the announcement of the 24th main pokemon game today pissed me off already, but this is just it. I had said earlier that I wanted Nintendo to die out because I couldn't bear to see a once great company suffering like it was but now I just want them to go away and I won't miss them when they are gone.

It's like watching Muhammad Ali or George Foreman fight near the end of their careers. Just go gracefully please

O how the mighty have fallen. At first, I was hoping they would make another Pokemon Coliseum like game back in the Gamecube days, but obviously that's too good to be true seeing how they remade the third generation Pokemon game for the people who wouldn't shut up about it for the past four or five years. Don't get me wrong, though. I love playing Pokemon games as much as the next guy, but this is starting to get pathetic  I miss the old days where Nintendo came up with original, yet brilliant ideas and not milking/copying ideas from other companies. If they don't get their act together, then they'll end up like Sega. 

This isn't very surprising. I expected it to be a Pokemon game though. That seems like it would have been the optimal milking route.

Psst...Pokemon Rumble.

Nintendo basically said "Fuck Skylanders, we can do this shit ourselves. We've got the IP, we don't need to buy a new one." Stealing other people's ideas hasn't really worked out well so far *cough* PlayStation *wheeze*.

It feels like a copy and paste move for Nintendo.  People want them to take the next step and develop something innovative.  Their upper-management is about 5-10 years behind the curve.  It is quite sad because Nintendo was once a great company that everyone wants to get.  Now, everyone is playing their rival consoles.  It is watching a slow death like Sega.  They know Nintendo is in deep trouble, but they don't want to cross the line and take the risk to achieve those goals.  It is not if, but when it is going to end.