State of Play 01/31/2024

Now that the dust has settled...  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What'd you think of the year's first State of Play?

2. 2. What was the highlight for you?

• Helldivers 2
    • Stellar Blade
    • Sonic X Shadow Generations
    • Zenless Zone Zero
    • Silent Hill: The Short Message
    • Silent Hill 2
    • Judas
    • Metro Awakening
    • Legendary Tales
    • Foamstars
    • V Rising
    • Dragon's Dogma II
    • Rise of the Ronin
    • Death Stranding 2: On the Beach
    • Dave the Diver
    • The forthcoming Final Fantasy VII Rebirth presentation
    • Until Dawn remaster for PlayStation 5 and PC

The only game that wowed me was Death Stranding 2. Kojima knows how to make a trailer that confuses the shit out of you while also being entertaining to watch. Was even more hyped that he is making a new MGS-like series.

Stellar Blade continues to not look that great. Rise of the Ronin looked good but was different from what I was expecting. Until Dawn getting a remaster was weird, great game, but weird to see. Otherwise not really all that impressive.

I didn't mention Silent Hill because I have never played one and horror games don't excite me much.

Edit: Forgot about Judas, that looked interesting.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

Silent Hill The Short Message is pretty good for a free game. I was expecting a broken mess but the quality of the game shines.

I'm.more hopeful of the franchise now. This is nothing like that disaster of a mobile phone game.

Definitely one of the better presentations in recent memory.

Death Stranding 2 can't come soon enough. 

Stellar Blade continues to look great. Combat looks fun. Outfits are spicy. 

Rise of the Ronin looks decent and I've heard great things about Dave the Diver.

The only game I didn't really care for was Silent Hill.  Not my type of game.

Great show. DS2 looks insane and visually stunning. 2025 won't be long coming around, so I should really get around to the first game which has been sat on my shelf for ages lol. Stellar Blade is also looking really nice. It's not my usual type of game but I think I'll pick it up around launch, if not on day 1. 

20 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

worst: another remaster.. just why.

It's coming to PC. That means the game needs to be enhanced and upgraded before then, they aren't just going to port the PS4 version to PC without working on it first. So once they're done working on this newer, shinier version of the game, why wouldn't they then also bring it to PS5 at the same time? 

Not directed at you by the way, but the outrage surrounding remasters around some parts of the internet is just exhausting at this point. It isn't even consistent either. When it's a game someone likes they're all for it, when it isn't they're vehemently against it lol. The nomenclature doesn't help matters either, as there seems to be a general confusion when it comes to remasters vs remakes vs ports and the differences between them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Stellar Blade continues to not look that great. Rise of the Ronin looked good but was different from what I was expecting. Until Dawn getting a remaster was weird, great game, but weird to see. Otherwise not really all that impressive.

Visually it is the best looking one of the lot

Dave the Diver however looks like something a child created. Why we still get stuff like this is beyond me.

• Confused 1

I think the three games I would be most hyped for are Judas, Dragon's Dogma 2 and Death Stranding 2.

I wanted to be hyped for Silent Hill 2 remake, but maybe i'm just used to (and spoiled by) the RE2 & RE4 remake, because there was something a little off about the way the combat flowed in the footage last night. I know it is still in development and all that, so it might look a bit off in general until it is polished sufficiently, but it definitely flagged itself in my brain for future reference.

Stellar Blade, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Judas, Metro: Awakening, and Death Stranding 2 were the highlights for me. 

It's interesting that SH2 hasn't received a release date yet. Also interesting that both Dragon's Dogma 2 and Rise of the Ronin are keeping the same release date - 22 of March and no one is moving it (they have the balls to go against the Princess Peach game, damn).

• Like 1

Great presentation! Excited for Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin and Dave the Diver which is finally coming to PlayStation!

I must confess that Death Stranding 2 caught my attention and I already feel like getting into the series.

I wonder if I was the only one that for a brief second thought that the lodge of the Until Dawn showcase was The Hunter's Dream and almost had a heart attack. Bloodborne is gonna kill me eventually ^^

• Like 1