State of Play 01/31/2024

Now that the dust has settled...  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What'd you think of the year's first State of Play?

2. 2. What was the highlight for you?

• Helldivers 2
    • Stellar Blade
    • Sonic X Shadow Generations
    • Zenless Zone Zero
    • Silent Hill: The Short Message
    • Silent Hill 2
    • Judas
    • Metro Awakening
    • Legendary Tales
    • Foamstars
    • V Rising
    • Dragon's Dogma II
    • Rise of the Ronin
    • Death Stranding 2: On the Beach
    • Dave the Diver
    • The forthcoming Final Fantasy VII Rebirth presentation
    • Until Dawn remaster for PlayStation 5 and PC

That Stellar Blade will probably be the one people are waiting on a release date the most. If it comes out this year, it’ll probably drop towards the end of the year. Would be hella surprised if it came out earlier. 

• Like 1

I won't speak on the 'leaks' because obviously we don't know if it's true or not. Even if it is... there's still only a couple of things that will interest me. I hope, eventually, there will be a public demo for Stellar Blade to see if it's a game for me. But it'll be nice to see it again.

Maybe a public demo for FF7 Rebirth? RIP Tales of Arise (temporarily but still) if so. We'll see if anything else is shown that interests me but I doubt it. If you keep your expectations low... you won't be disappointed. 😅

• Like 1

Well, hopefully there are some solid release dates and at least three games I want to play. 40 minutes is plenty of time for premiers AND updates. 

I still have a few games wishlisted that are from State of Plays that were years ago, though.... it'd be nice to see them released soon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

C'mon PSPlus sale!

hopefully its good February sale need some good sales not same shit as usually goes on sale 

37 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I can't remember any State Of Play that satisfied me. So this time I put my expectations below small: I have none.

always have bad expectations never be disappointed 

11 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Come on My Name is Mayo: Championship Edition!

my name is mayo trilogy remastered PS5 edition 4K 60FPS HDR 5D AUDIO 

coming SOON!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dinniestar said:

hopefully its good February sale need some good sales not same shit as usually goes on sale 

always have bad expectations never be disappointed 

my name is mayo trilogy remastered PS5 edition 4K 60FPS HDR 5D AUDIO 

coming SOON!!

well, I was actually thinking about the plus subscriptions since mine is about to run out. I think last year they had a State of play plus sale.

Was I the only one put off Rise of the Ronin by the grappling hook to the roof > backpack glider > pull a horse out of his backside and ride around sequence? I was hoping for something more grounded and dark from this game. Maybe I just misinterpreted the first trailer?

I’m curious about Dave the Diver and Silent Hill: The Short Message though. Also, I think I’m very excited about the Kojima Action Espionage game but it’s probably a 2028 game at it’s earliest so there’s nothing to really put any emotion into there yet.

On 1/30/2024 at 11:37 AM, Solid-Fisch said:

I can't remember any State Of Play that satisfied me. So this time I put my expectations below small: I have none.

Quoting myself this time:

For 30 minutes I felt like 'told you so, guys'. Then DS2 came. THEN Kojima's and Sony's Announcement came. Feels good I was wrong. :) 

It was a great show in general.

Ronin showed off as a Tsushima x Sekiro which I'm digging it.

SH free short game

SH2 Remake gameplay! but no date like always Konami teasing.

DS2 is looking better than DS which is making me super hyped.

The rest I'll most likely play but have no big expectations for now. Wish ZZZ came out day 1 on console tho.

Hyped for PS versions of Dave the Diver and V Rising. I've been playing Dave the Diver on and off now for a few months on Steam Deck and it's amazing. I've also had V Rising on my wishlist for a while now, so I'm glad it's making it's way over to console so I can check it out there instead and earn some trophies. 

Apart for those games, Death Stranding sequel looked soo awesome and looks like I'm gonna have to stop procrastinating and finally play the first game I've had that in my backlog for years now at this point. 

I was interested in Rise of the Ronin, but it looks likes it's gonna be another 'Soulslike' and I'm over that genre as a whole at this point so I might pass on that game. Shame to cause that was one I was really looking forward to checking out.