Your Tekken 8 Ranked Online Experience?

aceinstincts

Anyone playing ranked matches online? How has the experience been for you? I reached Vanquisher in online earlier with Reina and t's been a blast. Whenever I face a Victor or Hwoarang I know im in for trouble lol. My defence is my lowest stat, I don't block and punish enough. 😛

Share your online experiences/profile/ranks below :)

spacer.png

Edited by aceinstincts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryoshocker98 said:

Tekken 8 online experience has been more fun than 7 for me

Considering the loading times, unnecessary re-loading before rematches and much worse netcode - it's easy to see why 8 is superior. I honestly couldn't play Tekken 7 online more than couple hours total(not counting playing with friends) because it is such a waste of time. Especially when you have played fighting games with instant rematches.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 8:35 AM, KenjiCBZ said:

I don't have the game and I'm not interested in it to the point of playing online, but in Tekken 7 my highest rank is Tekken King, with Eddy. :)

That's very impressive :) Always thought you were a Kuma main lol

On 2/8/2024 at 7:12 AM, Cryoshocker98 said:

Been playing since Sunday.

Decided to pick Leo as my main.

Still learning. Got to Yellow ranks in 60 or so matches with 42% winrate.

It's been a blast so far! Tekken 8 online experience has been more fun than 7 for me

Nice, Leo is a solid choice and well done. :)

I'm a rank away from the Red ranks now, if I hit Garyu soon i'll probably practice with Reina more before trying to climb further 

Edited by aceinstincts

21 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Sitting on Tenryu with King but I kinda stopped playing ranked after the initial "everyone rematches everyone" turned into the standard ranked experience. Probably wouldn't get much higher until the ranks settle a bit anyway. 

The one and done mentality in ranked truly is the worst I've ever experienced in any other fighting game before, yikes.

• Like 4

Never really played Tekken 6 or 7 online and was to young to approach the earlier games seriously but trying to dedicate some time to 8 because it feels to me like the devs put some serious effort into it.

I love the graphics, the music and the starting character roster (which made me stop playing SF6 for now).

On topic: I also picked Leo for my main. I like him and his fighting style and he is a fellow German. 😅 Been in the lab for 3 days and can execute some 60-70 combos on reaction now. Struggle a bit with good moves to get in or to use when under pressure (hello mishima mains) but will figure that out when I focus on that specifically. 

Still in the first ranks honestly but getting there. Not afraid to take a beating if i can always learn a little bit from it and use it next time.

Also a former BlazBlue pro (360/PS3) days just to visualize how damn long its been since i was serious about a FG and I feel Tekken 8 could get me back on track maybe. 😁

• Like 1

I think I have peaked in the red ranks, I keep getting demoted and then have to climb back up to only fall back down again 😬 I have hit a road block. Gonna have to hit the lab for a few days too 

spacer.png

On 2/13/2024 at 3:35 PM, FlareZero said:

Still stuck on Warrior rank, too much monsters in the online T_T

That new replay feature is useful for the annoying matchups too. Victors 2222 and teleport expulsion bs, kings throws and Jins spamming that new low kept getting me over and over, that somewhat lessened it...(I still get wrecked lmao) How do you use your heat?

On 2/12/2024 at 12:13 PM, CoregBlue said:

Never really played Tekken 6 or 7 online and was to young to approach the earlier games seriously but trying to dedicate some time to 8 because it feels to me like the devs put some serious effort into it.

I love the graphics, the music and the starting character roster (which made me stop playing SF6 for now).

On topic: I also picked Leo for my main. I like him and his fighting style and he is a fellow German. 😅 Been in the lab for 3 days and can execute some 60-70 combos on reaction now. Struggle a bit with good moves to get in or to use when under pressure (hello mishima mains) but will figure that out when I focus on that specifically. 

Still in the first ranks honestly but getting there. Not afraid to take a beating if i can always learn a little bit from it and use it next time.

Also a former BlazBlue pro (360/PS3) days just to visualize how damn long its been since i was serious about a FG and I feel Tekken 8 could get me back on track maybe. 😁

T8 is the first FG in ages that I have loved besides like Fighterz. I wasn't fond of T7 tbh, Tag 2 felt magical but it was a lot harder competitive-wise. 8 just feels special though. Nice job getting those high damage combos into muscle memory, you will stomp

Edited by aceinstincts
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, aceinstincts said:

I think I have peaked in the red ranks, I keep getting demoted and then have to climb back up to only fall back down again 😬 I have hit a road block. Gonna have to hit the lab for a few days too 

spacer.png

Red rank is pretty impressive by itself though.

Just got to cavalry by beating a Warrior Leo in a mirror match so its going up a bit lol.

The only thing that I dislike (which is not Tekken exclusive) is players not rematching like 50% of the time. If I get demolished by a strong player i still rematch knowing I will lose again for sure but maybe improve some regarding the match up like blocking certain attacks etc.

But people running with the points has been a thing since FGs went online. Still frustrating sometimes. 😅

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 5:53 AM, iFraaN97 said:

The one and done mentality in ranked truly is the worst I've ever experienced in any other fighting game before, yikes.

It sucks when everything is fine but there are instances where I just leave if the connection is very unstable (often with wifi players...please wire up if you can) or if the opponent's PC is having issues which causes the game to stutter so much. Honestly though they should just remove ft2 in quick matches. Sometimes I just wanna try out a new character and have fun, without it being limited to ft2. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CoregBlue said:

Red rank is pretty impressive by itself though.

Just got to cavalry by beating a Warrior Leo in a mirror match so its going up a bit lol.

The only thing that I dislike (which is not Tekken exclusive) is players not rematching like 50% of the time. If I get demolished by a strong player i still rematch knowing I will lose again for sure but maybe improve some regarding the match up like blocking certain attacks etc.

But people running with the points has been a thing since FGs went online. Still frustrating sometimes. 😅

I have a low frustration tolerance, especially with multiplayer games, so if I get destroyed in the first match I'm not rematching. If it's close but I still lose I will rematch. If I win, I will always rematch. 

axBSOty.jpg

ryUfafF.png

This is how I'm looking currently. I have not been able to play as much as I would have liked so far, and I have only played Shaheen online. I might try a different character next time I play, maybe Azucena.

I have not been having issues getting rematches, the issue I have is the character variety online. It feels like I'm constantly playing against Hwoarang or King.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Treilio said:

Played Azucena today and I actually already got her to the same rank that I had with Shaheen! I also got close getting past Shinryu rank, but then I hit a losing streak and got close to getting demoted. :P

Her WR3,2 🥴 Insane move. Gotta commend maining Shaheen, I hardly see him 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aceinstincts said:

In Tekken 7 he's one of my mains too :P Honestly, I think he is a very boring character, he doesn't excel at anything but if you have good fundamentals you can make him work to you, but since I find him boring I rarely use him, but hey, when I do use him, I win almost every time, I remember I had a winning streak of 14 in red ranks a couple years ago. :P

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aceinstincts said:

Yes, Shaheen is definetly a rare character to see, and that is partly one of the reasons for why I picked him. Other reason was I just like his desing heh.

Not sure if I will play him much anymore, I feel like this might be the max rank I can get with him, unless I really start improving my fundamentals.

• Like 1

Reached Eliminator today. 107 wins out of 191 fights.

Been in Orange for almost a 100 fights now lol. Still the furthest i have ever gotten. I manage a win from a red rank every now and then only to lose a ton of points to a lower rank that is just either really good or a character i have seen like twice in 191 fights and dont know how to block stuff. 😅

Either way red rank is the dream for now. :)

• Like 3

I made it to red ranks with Dragunov today as well:

spacer.png

Most new Tekken players with decent fighting games experience seem to be stucked in red ranks hell lol 

Edited by iFraaN97
  • Like 3