Impossible plat?

OpelManiac93

Hi y'all. Since the game is coming to EU-region this week I was wondering if the plat is impossible to get? I noticed that no one has it yet, and I've read somewhere about some trophies that are unattainable cause the game screws you over, but is this true? 

Thanks in advance. 

the highlight challenges are messed up and therefore you can't get the trophies and no plat.... the clowns behind the game have been talking about a patch for months but nothing yet... they're taking their sweet time with it... so until a patch... yes, impossible to platinum..

Eutechnyx, the developers, have a history of over promising and under delivering with the NASCAR franchise. They've promised multiple patches to fix things in the past games and never did it so I'm going to assume they'll do the same thing for this game. I will be surprised if they fix it. 

Parker

• Like 1

NASCAR 14

Maximum: 37/41

Trophies:

Messing with the Past trophy_bronze.png

Time Traveller trophy_silver.png

Time Lord trophy_gold.png

Platinum platinum.png

Reason: The Joey Logano highlight challenge is 1 lap longer than it is supposed to be which makes the time trial trophies impossible.

Taken from this unachievable/glitched trophies thread on .org. This means the plat is indeed impossible until the game gets patched.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

For whoever stumbles across this topic with the same question as above, the game is still being platted so it should still be doable.

As far as multiplayer goes: you do not need anyone but yourself because online races in Private Race can be done solo. Today I finished my online grind of 100 races using that method. I recommend the Watkins Glen track for doing this because you only need to do one lap there. You can straightline the chicane on the backstretch for an easy 1 minute 5 or 1 minute 6 lap time. It's a 3 minute cycle per race then, so it will take you about 5 hours in total to get all trophies.

Of course this is exceptionally boring but since there is never a race on, it might be your only shot. This means you might want to do this over time in small bursts of 10 or 15 races. And be sure to backup your save file regularly, because the game crashed on me at some point and I lost about 30 races of progress because of a corrupted save.

• Like 1