How do you decide which game are you going to play next?

OmriStyle27

It's just RNG for me at this point. I play what I think I'll have fun with, and then get the platinum for the game unless it's impossible to do so (R.I.P Devil Engine)

For example, I bought Huntdown a while ago and I'm planning on platinuming it this month or next, yet I don't even know what genre the game is.

Ι have made a list of the games I want to play. Then I check PSN and see which of the games in my list has the biggest discount. I buy and play the game. Sometimes if I really want to play a specific game, I'll just get it regardless of price.

• Like 1

What I've been doing lately is playing 2 different games at a time which breaks up each game nicely and makes me craving to jump back into each game instead of slogging through something and pushing through even when you get bored. 

For example I'm playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla in the day and FFVII Rebirth in the evening. Both massive games but don't feel like massive grind fests that I'm slogging through and by the end being bitter over. This works especially well with long games as I'm not doing 100-200 hours in just one game and being sick of it. 

I've tried many tricks on choosing what game to play but this trick is definitely working the best when it comes to long games. 

• Like 1

When I'm done with a game I usually check my bought games if there's any games there I'm interested in starting at that moment. If not I check the store if there's any interesting games currently discounted. If I don't find anything I feel like starting there either I might continue a previous game that I haven't yet platinumed or 100%.

• Like 1

I try to balance a short game and a long game at the same time ! Makes both fresh.

Also focusing on a platform has helped me a lot. There’s so many games on PS4/PS5 it’s overwhelming, so the last few years I’ve been prioritising Vita and PS3 (now just Vita as I’ve played most of what I want to on PS3) and that’s been way more rewarding. Still playing PS4/PS5 games when they really jump out at me

Edited by zachpicc
  • Like 1