Worth playing this game?

TheSpinsk

IMO, no, avoid it like the plague! I know some people like this game but I could never get on with it :(.

The controls suck, the higher difficulties are unfair, the game itself is pretty unstable, the MP is buggy, laggy garbage and the XP trophies are so badly glitched, you have to use a fiddly and tedious exploit to stand any chance at all of getting them. If you want to play an AVP game, get yourself a half decent PC and play the first 2 games instead, don't bother with this awful third entry.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

If you want the platinum, I will also say that it's not worth the hassle. The online is horrible with the main issue being the matchmaking, which is incredibly bad. Back in the day it could take you half an hour to find a match and that was when the game was first released. You also need to enter a match with 6 people from your friends list and there may be issues being able to get in the match. And you also need to use an exploit to get the XP trophies to even have a chance for them, getting them legit is almost out of the question.

The single player though was in my opinion a quite good experience. The three campaigns were fun, if not quite difficult, especially the Marines campaign. The highest difficulty features a chapter perma-death, you need to beat the chapter without dying because of no checkpoints. I'd say to pick this for the SP only if you are a real fan of the series, otherwise there are better games out there.

• Like 1

If you want a real challenge, go for it. If you want a platinum without getting angry too much, this game should not be your choice.

For the multiplayer It took me months and endless effort to get the trophy for playing an online match with 6 players from your friendlist. Also the xp boost is horrible but luckily there is an exploit where can get xp for killing yourself at a specific point in the singleplayer campaign. For the singleplayer campaign I found the highest difficulty really hard, thats why I haven't finished all of those yet and it's been 9 years since I last tried. Need to clean that up someday.

• Like 1

I think the marine campaign still holds the most fun of all the games in the franchise, so definitely worth it in that regard.

The multiplayer is probably in a bad shape, but seeing how people still get the platinum, finding enough people is likely your biggest concern.

8 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

For the singleplayer campaign I found the highest difficulty really hard, thats why I haven't finished all of those yet and it's been 9 years since I last tried. Need to clean that up someday.

Quoting myself here. Just took the chance and played the Predator campaign on nightmare and even finished it in just 2-3 hours thanks to a fantastic video guide speedrun:

Surely had to retry a few times but this is a fantastic way to beat it. Now it's only the Marines campaign left for me. The trickiest one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this game, I got most of the trophies for it, then got distracted by other games. 😂

I keep meaning to go back to it, or is on my top play list for this year. The MP is glitchy, but there is a workaround that let's you get all the exp you need in about 30 mins I think it was.  The servers had a tendency to delete your progress at times, so I would glitch it. Plus, I don't know if you will find enough people for "proper" games. You can still set up Boosting Sessions to get the specific match trophies as people are still playing it recently!

Edited by ArkonRhys
  • Like 1