Caught them by supplies bugged

Mastodon_Slayer

21 hours ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

Im trying to kill a charger with supplie, i already killed three and no trophy.

The large armoured bugs? Not sure if it’s a known bug but I got this first time. 

If you’re lucky you might stumble across a charger that’s got itself stuck. If it happens again I would make a ticket for the developers so they are aware.

• 2 weeks later...

Just adding a tip that I posted on another topic.

The charger trophy was a piece of cake for me as one of them was having a chat, did not hear me coming... Boom! 😇

Using an armor that provides 30% less detection may help for that one.

It took me 3 attempts.

The best way to do this is to cause some light damage first, climb a rock then throw the resupply beacon directly on its back. I did use the 30% less detection armour and the Charger just stayed still once I was on the rock.

There will be multiple chances to do this naturally as long as you have in it mind😀

Just popped mine too! Use the jetpack stratagem to stay up on the rock formations, aim the EMS orbital at it to stop movement and take pot shots with the machine gun or grenades to lower its health, then call in the supply when its close to the wall you are on top of. Worked like a charm. I thought it was glitched since it was dying after the supply landed on it but it turns out it was bleeding out and not dying from the impact. Took me a while to figure that one out but once you get it its flawless. If you can find the 'eliminate chargers' mission on difficulty 3 or 4, its the best bet. I did mine completely solo too

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 5:18 AM, spartakick1224 said:

Just popped mine too! Use the jetpack stratagem to stay up on the rock formations, aim the EMS orbital at it to stop movement and take pot shots with the machine gun or grenades to lower its health, then call in the supply when its close to the wall you are on top of. Worked like a charm. I thought it was glitched since it was dying after the supply landed on it but it turns out it was bleeding out and not dying from the impact. Took me a while to figure that one out but once you get it its flawless. If you can find the 'eliminate chargers' mission on difficulty 3 or 4, its the best bet. I did mine completely solo too

This!! Thanks for the information, I finally got it using this technique. The bleeding out information is definitely something that needs to be in the guide if it isn’t already 

• Like 1

Thought I would mention that if you are the host for some reason the kill won't register for you. At least it doesn't seem to if you are playing with other players. I wound up getting it while being in someone else's game but when I tried to help my friend get it, despite very clearly killing more than one Charger with the supply pod it would not unlock the trophy for them. It wasn't until I saw a Reddit comment saying that they got it by changing the host and sure enough after making me the host my friend got the trophy on the first Charger they killed with the supply pod.

So yeah, I guess for the time being this trophy is bugged in a weird way and hopefully they will fix it eventually.

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

Thought I would mention that if you are the host for some reason the kill won't register for you. At least it doesn't seem to if you are playing with other players. I wound up getting it while being in someone else's game but when I tried to help my friend get it, despite very clearly killing more than one Charger with the supply pod it would not unlock the trophy for them. It wasn't until I saw a Reddit comment saying that they got it by changing the host and sure enough after making me the host my friend got the trophy on the first Charger they killed with the supply pod.

So yeah, I guess for the time being this trophy is bugged in a weird way and hopefully they will fix it eventually.

Are you certain they weren’t just bleeding out after impact on the other occasions, which doesn’t count?

It’s hard to tell to be honest unless the charger is the objective, which helps clarify exactly when and what kills them. 

Edited by mikem192

9 minutes ago, mikem192 said:

Are you certain they weren’t just bleeding out after impact on the other occasions, which doesn’t count?

Yes, like I said we tried it with a few of them and they all died by getting hit with the supply drop. One of them was only slightly damaged (one of the sides of its armor was off) and so it definitely wasn't bleeding out. The one I killed when I got the trophy and wasn't the host was wrecked pretty badly and I guess could look like it was bleeding to death but I managed to get the trophy after the supply drop landed on it.

1 minute ago, Redgrave said:

Yes, like I said we tried it with a few of them and they all died by getting hit with the supply drop. One of them was only slightly damaged (one of the sides of its armor was off) and so it definitely wasn't bleeding out. The one I killed when I got the trophy and wasn't the host was wrecked pretty badly and I guess could look like it was bleeding to death but I managed to get the trophy after the supply drop landed on it.

Fair enough. It’s a shame if it is bugged or the requirements are super tight for it! 

I spent ages running level 3 kill charger missions solo to get it. Trying to gauge the right level of damage before calling it in was a small nightmare  

• Like 1

Just now, mikem192 said:

Fair enough. It’s a shame if it is bugged or the requirements are super tight for it! 

I spent ages running level 3 kill charger missions solo to get it. Trying to gauge the right level of damage before calling it in was a small nightmare  

I think it's more bugged (haha) but yeah I feel like it's one of the trophies of the game that you have to go out of your way for since I feel like Chargers don't stay still long enough to get it by chance. I don't know if it's intentional but sometimes the Chargers do seem to suddenly become docile which can give you plenty of time to crush it with a supply pod. Again I don't know if that's intentional though since most of the time they will hound you across the entire map if you don't deal with them.

When I managed to get it, I just so happened to come across one in an ICBM hole I believe and so I don't think it could really find a way to get to me without having to turn around and climb out of the hole the long way. My friend hit it with a Quasar shot to damage it and then I called the supply pod to finish it off and the whole time I think it only tried to crawl out of the hole once but then it turned around to focus on me and went back to where it couldn't climb to get me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 6:18 AM, spartakick1224 said:

This worked first try for me, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1