London studio officially shut down by Sony

So apparently Sony have to laid off 900 of their employees and the big one being London Studio unexpectedly getting shut down by Sony as well.

Don't know how long the server and leaderboard are gonna stay up now and if the leaderboard malfunction again just like last time, then this Platinum will be forever unobtainable, so I suggest those who haven't uploaded their scores to the leaderboard for some of the trophies, better do it now before Sony eventually shut down the server permanently.

Edited by PatrickPCRE5
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, KenjiCBZ said:

What are the Trophies potentially affected by this?

You can check the trophy guide, I believe there are a few trophies that requires you to upload some of your scores to the leaderboard as part of the challenges but you don't need any ppl to help out as it's doesn't have any multiplayer mode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

What are the Trophies potentially affected by this?

Challenge related trophies, search for "[ONLINE REQUIRED]" on the guide. Most of the online challenges are easy and can be done quite fast, the only exception is "6. [ONLINE REQUIRED] Upload a VR Luge Tour result to the online leaderboard", you need some practice for this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Live service Twisted Metal, so nothing of value was actually lost. 

Twisted metal is one of the franchises that could actually work as a live service considering its core gameplay loop is basically battle royale in vehicles and vehicle and character customization wouldn't be out of place in the Twisted metal universe. Youd think if any sony ip could be adapt to the fortnite model it would be this one.

• Like 2

The email is so telling as to the different ways in which countires protect their workforce, The way that the US employees are told immediately because they have so little protection, compared to the delicate way that the UK closures are worded as a proposal due to having to demonstrate a need for the layoffs and enter into consultation there, compared further to Japan where seemingly they have to provide support for them to find their next position.

• Like 3

All right, today I have started the game and I think I have done everything there was to do related to the leaderboards. Thankfully, they are still working for now.

Please correct me if I missed something, as this may also help other players:

-Uploading a Danger Ball Score Attack result

-Uploading a VR Luge Tour result

-Uploading a Shooting Range Result

-Uploading a Time Trial result

As said by Cruscah, all of these are easy and take few minutes each, with the exception of the VR Luge Tour one because if time runs out before you finish all four tracks, it is game over and your time doesn't get uploaded. It took me a good two hours to get this one done with merely 18 hundredths of a second spare, and there is an in-game challenge tied to a Trophy for doing it with 10 seconds spare. I guess I have to get good. :lol: But at least now I should have done everything related to the leaderboards and now just pure skill is what is needed for this Platinum.

Thank you @PatrickPCRE5 for your head-up. :)

• Like 3