Season 4 Discussion

I-SilentEcho-I

Figured I'd open up an all-in-one thread for Season 4 rather than it being split up into multiple threads. Feel free to mention anything you like in regards to season 4. I'm currently stuck at the first gate, requires a "Bloody Shield" and I hate this mode too much to bother exploring to find out how to get it. Also, if anyone figures out how to decipher any KLUEs feel free to post them below.

Rampart Mesa:
KLUE 1: HEATED EXCHANGE (Node - GOOD, BAD, UGLY)
- Requires using Kameo Scorpion's forward throw Brutality which is unlocked by reaching Kameo level 2.

KLUE 2: ->->->->->PALM (Node called WHAT'S THE POINT??)
- You need to perform Kameo Shujinko's Fatality.

KLUE 3: OUTTA NOWHERE (Node called COME ON NOW)
- Like HEATED EXCHANGE, requires using Kameo Sonya's throw Brutality.

Secret Fight - The node is called Blood Clots and is against "Discord Fiend/Havik" at the bottom of a staircase. The secret fight is with Tanya. I did not do anything special to get it, I didn't even do any finishing move.

Bloody Shield (Key Item) - Found on the upper wall past the Shop and Forge, the second Tower node called TO THE TOP

Sun Do Festival:

KLUE 1: BRUTAL INFECTION (Node - TOTAL DARKNESS
- Perform Mileena's Brutality

KLUE 2: SLIDE2LEFT SLIDE2RIGHT (Node - SUPER FAN)
- Perform Sub Zero's Brutality

KLUE 3: DETSUB (Node - FROZEN NOT CHILLED)
- Perform Kameo Stryker's Brutality

Tarkatan Colony
KLUE 1: SURE YOU CAN (Node - GET SLAPPED)
- Use only Reiko's [Back, Forward, Triangle] (Assassin Throwing Stars) and win the match.

KLUE 2: LBUE I MSARAIU (Node - POTIONS POTIONS POTIONS)
- Perform Kenshi's Uppercut Brutality (The Klassic).

KLUE 3: KOLD SHOULDER (Node - TOASTY!!! )
- Perform Kameo Sub Zero's Fatality

Thanks to Meekulator, Night-Shades13, Vanzinho and Smashero for providing info.

I will try to update this post the best I can, but my enjoyment for Invasions is practically 0 so my motivation to do so is pretty low.

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I
  • Like 1

Hi mate!

The bloody shield is located in the second 4-fight tower you come across in the ramparts. As for the Klues, the first one about fire is for Kameo scorpions grab brutality which you need to have u locked first for levelling him to lvl 2. Then there’s ’out of nowhere’ or something like that which is the same but for Sonia’s kameo grab brutality. Then the >>>>>palm klue you need to perform a fatality with Shinjuko’s kameo fighter. Hope that helps!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Figured I'd open up an all-in-one thread for Season 4 rather than it being split up into multiple threads. Feel free to mention anything you like in regards to season 4. I'm currently stuck at the first gate, requires a "Bloody Shield" and I hate this mode too much to bother exploring to find out how to get it. Also, if anyone figures out how to decipher any KLUEs feel free to post them below.

Rampart Mesa:
KLUE 1: HEATED EXCHANGE (Node called GOOD, BAD, UGLY)
- Tried using fire attacks during the fight and to finish it as Scorpion, nothing happened                 

KLUE 2: ->->->->->PALM (Node called WHAT'S THE POINT??)
- Tried inputting forward 5 times with a punch attack as Baraka during the fight and during Fatality screen, nothing happened

Secret Fight - The node is called Blood Clots and is against "Discord Fiend/Havik" at the bottom of a staircase. The secret fight is with Tanya. I did not do anything special to get it, I didn't even do any finishing move.

Would be great if you could update the start post with all the infos you get :) thanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Night-Shades13 said:

Sun Do Festival KLUEs I've done:

- Total Darkness: use Mileena "Did that hurt?" Brutality

Didn't work for me. Then I used standard "uppercut" brutality with Mileena - solved.

• Like 2

KOMPLETE LIST

B-Back, F-Forward, D-Down

Rampart:
KLUE: HEATED EXCHANGE
GOOD, BAD, UGLY - Kameo Scorpion Brutality

KLUE: OUTTA NOWHERE
COME ON NOW - Kameo Sonya Brutality

KLUE: ->->->->->PALM
WHAT'S THE POINT?? - Kameo Shujinko Fatality

Sun Do Festival:
KLUE: BRUTAL INFECTION
TOTAL DARKNESS - Mileena Brutality

KLUE: SLIDE2LEFT SLIDE2RIGHT
SUPER FAN - SubZero Brutality (credits to @Vanzinho)

KLUE: DETSUB
FROZEN NOT CHILLED - Kameo Stryker Brutality

(after defeating Mileena season boss)

KLUE: TIP MOTTOB
GUIDING LIGHT - Reptile Fatality

Tarkatan Colony:
KLUE: SURE YOU CAN
GET SLAPPED - use only REIKOs B,F, Triangle ("Assasin Throwing Stars") and win the match

KLUE: LBUE I MSARAIU
POTIONS POTIONS POTIONS - Kenshi Uppercut Brutality

KLUE: KOLD SHOULDER
TOASTY!!! - Kameo SubZero Fatality

Fire Temple:
KLUE: FUTURE & PAST
COLD TOUCH - Geras Fatality

KLUE: NOW YOU SEE ME, NOW YOU DON'T
BURRRRRR - Smoke Fatality

KLUE: TICKS RONUDA
HAIRY SITUATION - Tanya Fatality

Living Forest:
KLUE: HAPPY FEET
THUNDEROUS - Keep using Switch Stance (L2) until your opponent is killed by "surroundings" - I kept pressing L2 even during fatality sequence just in case.

KLUE: LLAB RAIH
NEW BEGINNING - Sindel: Use Hairball special moves (D,B,Square;D,F,Square) a lot and win the match.

KLUE: BLOOD BATH
SMOETHING SMELS - Nitara Fatality

KLUE: PAWS & REFLECT
BLINKING CONTEST - Li Mei Fatality

KLUE: LEND A HAND
NO HARM - Havik standard uppercut Brutality

Shang Tsung's Laboratory:
KLUE: NET ZERO
WE WILL STOP YOU: - Sub Zero + Cyrax

1) You have 3 ops to defeat,
2) You have to perform on each one of them this combo:
            B+R1 -> D+F+Square (cyber net -> freeze it)

KLUE: LIGHT & DARK
CUTTER - Ashrah: this one is a bit more complicated: use "Summoning the Darkness" (D,B,Square) and when your sword will start glow dark/light hit enemy with Heaven's Beacon (D,F,Square).
Then use "Summoning the Darkness" again to change the color of your blade (light/dark) and get a hit with "Heave's Beacon" again. Do this 2-3 times, be sure you connected the hits and win the match.

KLUE: KMPATCDEO
LOOKING BACK - Kameo Sektor Fatality

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Didn't work for me. Then I used standard "uppercut" brutality with Mileena - solved.

Yes. I also did the Klassic Uppercut Brutality with Mileena. Tried Baraka Klassic first and didnt work.

For Sub Zero: i did his Klassic Brutality and it worked. Seems it doesnt have to be his Absolute Zero Brutality 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

I will try to update this post the best I can, but my enjoyment for Invasions is practically 0 so my motivation to do so is pretty low.

With all due respect:so why did you start this topic anyway?

You even mentioned this in first post:

23 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

I hate this mode too much to bother exploring to find out how to get it. 

I can take over, no problem, I enjoy every minute spent in this mode. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

With all due respect:so why did you start this topic anyway?

You even mentioned this in first post:

I can take over, no problem, I enjoy every minute spent in this mode. 

Because i figured itd be helpful to anyone trying to get trophies during season 4 by sharing information, especially since I doubt the guide will be updated for it.
I'm still waiting on a Titan Battle to appear and need all 5 kameo's maxed out

• Like 1

Once again, a new Invasions season has arrived. There's been some changes both good and bad. The good news is that the EXP for fighters and kameos has been handled far better in terms of leveling up (nowhere near as good as Season 2 though). It only took me a few hours to level up the latest DLC character. However, they're still quite stingy when it comes to seasonal currency used to buy skins, palettes, and outfits. There's also a really embarrassing issue about this season in terms of the aforementioned items, NRS and WB accidentally gave us unlockable items from the future Season of Chaos instead of this season. Anyway, onto the in game basics. 

I'd mentioned how EXP had improved, if you happen to be in a tower and complete it you get a decent bonus. I also discovered a decent EXP increase that's given in Survive nodes by accident, usually I'll put in a guest character as a guinea pig because I'm not a fan of them. In doing so, I'd discovered you get a decent EXP increase if you pass it. Survive nodes are also a bit easier this time around too. Secret fights seem very uncommon once again, I only got one. It was in the Living Forest mesa when I got a flawless victory brutality against Ashrah as Baraka. Also, I haven't seen the Secret Fight token yet so I don't know whether or not it still doesn't work. Ambushes seem to come at the same pace as they previously did, same with leveling up your fighter in terms of Invasions EXP. There's also a few more seasonal klues blocking treasure chests than last time as well.

The elemental boosters have been seriously downgraded this time around, in previous seasons you could eventually get most elementals up to 100% immunity so that certain projectiles and attacks would do no damage. Boosters show up much more rarely now and only come in percentages of 1% and 5% only (and none in the Invasions stores as far as I've seen), so it seems less likely to get it to 100% this time around. On the bright side though, there's actually some relics with positive only attributes this time around. Hourly towers in the Gateway mesa also give out relics upon completion.

In terms of talismans, the Windbreaker does return but regretfully it isn't acquired until late in the final mesa which is Shang Tsung's Laboratory. It's not very good this time around, only 7 charges that doesn't regenerate and it's only a small green cloud on the floor. However, there's a powerful new talisman called the Doomsday Device. It's on the same floor as the final boss battle in the laboratory mesa in a treasure chest that's thankfully not behind an obstruction. I highly recommend grabbing it for use in the final fight against Mileena.

The final fight with Mileena is some seriously dirty shit to put it mildly, I barely beat it. The fight consists of three parts, each one beginning with being attacked by a lot of sais flying about. There's no pattern to it, so avoiding damage is impossible even with blocking. The first two parts shaved my health in half before Mileena even appeared. And the third time around? I lost over 80% of my health. In desperation, I activated the Doomsday Device talisman. It's like the energy beam modifier but it shoots down dark energy instead. Thankfully it killed Mileena for the final part of the fight.

All in all, that's the general basics of Season 4. Some headaches here and there but it's still doable, the biggest positive of course being better EXP than last season. Come next season, they really need to tone down the dirty shit in the final fight. Randomly spewing projectiles that do extensive block damage in the final boss fight is not my idea of fun. They also need to make sure that the unlockables for characters are for the correct season next time around as well, what gets unlocked in Season 4 often looks ridiculously out of place.

EDIT (3/4/24): I just tried the Challenger Medallion, bought it in the Gateway mesa's store and it still doesn't work.

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Like 1

Any idea what determines the amount of XP the Kameo fighter obtains? It seems pretty inconsistent. On the survive nodes I got 1000 on one and 680 on another. Both great numbers, but weird it’s not the same. Even 2 similar fights both ended in brutalities, not flawless, had different numbers. 

20 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Anyone come across an effective method for Kameo level grinding?

Since the new Patch

- Significantly increased Fighter & Kameo Mastery XP base rewards per Encounter, which is no longer no longer repeatable and are no longer subject to diminishing returns if the opponent is a lower level

- Increased Fighter & Kameo Mastery XP & item rewards from Encounters in the Gateway Mesa

So far I can't find relic that similar like *Invisible Relic from Season 3 that can help boost extra. But I do have Smoke Relic that can heal your health to full. Now about xp, idk random maybe or my math is not mathing 🤣

- Brutality per counter= 520xp. Some counter= over 1000xp

- Mini bosses drop 820xp(this with brutality, maybe more with Flawless V.)

Gateway Mesa

Hourly 1: I try with Sindel Max Level 30 (All stats on Attack Stats at 207 with some konsumables)

- All Brutality: 810xp

- All Fatality: 760xp

I do get Flawless V, but it doesn't give me any extra XP🥲

Edited by Night-Shades13
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Night-Shades13 said:

Since the new Patch

- Significantly increased Fighter & Kameo Mastery XP base rewards per Encounter, which is no longer no longer repeatable and are no longer subject to diminishing returns if the opponent is a lower level

- Increased Fighter & Kameo Mastery XP & item rewards from Encounters in the Gateway Mesa

So far I can't find relic that similar like *Invisible Relic from Season 3 that can help boost extra. But I do have Smoke Relic that can heal your health to full. Now about xp, idk random maybe or my math is not mathing 🤣

- Brutality per counter= 520xp. Some counter= over 1000xp

- Mini bosses drop 820xp(this with brutality, maybe more with Flawless V.)

Gateway Mesa

Hourly 1: I try with Sindel Max Level 30 (All stats on Attack Stats at 207 with some konsumables)

- All Brutality: 810xp

- All Fatality: 760xp

I do get Flawless V, but it doesn't give me any extra XP🥲

Bro thinks hes a guide writer wokwokwok

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ChaoHawk said:

Any idea what determines the amount of XP the Kameo fighter obtains? It seems pretty inconsistent. On the survive nodes I got 1000 on one and 680 on another. Both great numbers, but weird it’s not the same. Even 2 similar fights both ended in brutalities, not flawless, had different numbers. 

The amount seems more consistent on single fights and towers I'd noticed, but yeah the Survive nodes seem kind of random. Unless maybe they tried to make it difficulty based or something, the only possibility I can think of, difficulty based as in perhaps some nodes were deemed more challenging than others. 

5 minutes ago, gnova said:

Do kameo levels reset each season?

Thankfully kameos don't reset, which is a good thing because leveling them up is often slow work. Anything you earn with a kameo in terms of character mastery levels is yours to keep.

Hi guys.

Currently grinding for level 30 to prepare for Titan Battle and found a Secret Fight.

Second Mesa - Sun Do Festival -> in a Tower called "New Journey" not that far from the start.

Second fight in the tower against Ashrah. Just won the fight. No flawless, no brutality/fatality.

Dont know if it is random, but wanted to share :)

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 2:50 PM, Ovatsug09 said:

Hi guys.

Currently grinding for level 30 to prepare for Titan Battle and found a Secret Fight.

Second Mesa - Sun Do Festival -> in a Tower called "New Journey" not that far from the start.

Second fight in the tower against Ashrah. Just won the fight. No flawless, no brutality/fatality.

Dont know if it is random, but wanted to share :)

I got a flawless victory brutality against Ashrah as Baraka in the Living Forest mesa and got a secret fight, not sure if that's connected in any way.

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Like 1

Sorry to flood around here, but I have a question regarding the Titan Battle.

In order to access the mesa that the battle spawns, do I have to finish all mesas or defeat the invasion boss? Cause right now I dont feel like playing this mode and instead prefer to grind levels on the middle mesa towers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ovatsug09 said:

Sorry to flood around here, but I have a question regarding the Titan Battle.

In order to access the mesa that the battle spawns, do I have to finish all mesas or defeat the invasion boss? Cause right now I dont feel like playing this mode and instead prefer to grind levels on the middle mesa towers.

This is my first time aswell, as I waiting for that Pyramid to appear, I prefer playing the mode and to finish 100% all the mesa, you don't need to do this. But as I progress it gives me some goods stuffs like Legendary Relics and Talismans, that can be use against Titan Boss.