RPG Mania 2024 - Trails of Final MegaDimension-verse: Echoes of an Alchemists Sceptre/Staff/Book VI

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Generally I would say that the first completion is the one that would be valid. In your case, I know you like to do all stacks available so I will allow one of the four stacks to be submitted as per your choice. My only caveat is to know which stack you are going to choose for points beforehand.

As both these games are on the Most Wanted list and worth a 5x bonus, they cannot be your Triple Points games. Another option please.

Oh snap, my bad.

Double Points
Legend of Dragoon
Dead Island 2

Triple Points
Dragon Quest XI S

Edited by graphic_violins8

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Note, here are the new rules for the Call out bonus:

• When issuing a challenge to another competitor, the challenger cannot earn trophies in that game while the challenge has been issued.
  • Both games in the challenge have to be below 15% completion when the challenge begins.
  • Only when the challenged competitor agrees and chooses a game in return will the match begin.
  • The first to post completion in the thread will be the winner of the match and earn points accordingly.

Bear in mind that this is optional and for those who want to try their hand against someone else in friendly(ish) competition. 

Does that mean Call outs do not have a limit then or just the person who gets it is done and the other can still challenge someone else?

Also wooo first to actually post points lets go lol

Update:

Fate/Samurai Remnant

100 + 6 - 19.75 - 25 = 61.25

Edited by AlterArchuria
  • Like 3

On 4/1/2024 at 11:59 AM, SWWDevereux said:

Completion #1

First blood goes to...

Well congrats to you, although technically that's not a platinum. Still, I find it interesting that you'd put a visual novel for your first RPG. :lol:

Anyways, I am going to put down the list of games I plan on doing for this event. Other than Secret of Mana, the rest are unstarted(well, technically I have Legend of Mana running on my PS4 so it's not unstarted... but it's 0% as I haven't popped the first trophy, still resting on the map😛) so they should have good scores.

The List and possible points:

1. Legend of Mana: 157.76
  2. Secret of Mana: 144.03 (1%)
  3. Trials of Mana: 140.29
  4. Dark Cloud: 148.51
  5. Dark Cloud 2: 167.27
  6. Dragon Quest XI S: 154.10 (Double Points, so 308.20)
  7. Nexomon (PS4): 131.06 (11%)
  8. Nexomon (PS5): 137.02 (11%)
  9. Nexomon Extinction: 151.55
  10. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: 158.60 (Double Points, so 317.20)
  11. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered: 189.85
  12. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: 163.98
  13. Hogwarts Legacy (PS5): 144.95 (Triple Points so 434.85)

For the record, Ni No Kuni is the PS3 version and FFXIV is the PS4 version, I am using the names they were given on the site. I'd have used Ni No Kuni Remastered if I was doing the PS4 version and removed the Realm Reborn if I was doing the PS5 version... which I will keep on my secondary PSN account as I will never be able to do all the DLC. :lol:

Might add more depending on what they bring out, hoping for more Dragon Quest games. I've been slacking on my trophies as I am playing Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince and enjoying the entire story and monster fusion. I have Krystalinda from Dragon Quest XI S who one-shots Liquid Metal Slimes with her ice magic. :D

EDIT: My bad, I forgot to add in Hogwarts Legacy as I made it my triple point game. <_<

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Generally I would say that the first completion is the one that would be valid. In your case, I know you like to do all stacks available so I will allow one of the four stacks to be submitted as per your choice. My only caveat is to know which stack you are going to choose for points beforehand.

As both these games are on the Most Wanted list and worth a 5x bonus, they cannot be your Triple Points games. Another option please.

Sorry, I didn’t know both 3x and 5x point didn’t stack. 

3x point game

Summon night 6 lost borders

• Like 1

Update #1

I got my first platinum which was Tales of Arise.

Points: 100 + 1x1 (1 Bronze) - 35,93 (Platinum Rarity) - 25 (Completion Percentage) = 40,07 points

So, I only had one trophy left. Since the game came out on PS Plus recently and I was hyped to play this game, I couldn't wait for the start of this event to start from scratch. Also, good RPGs I missed left PS Plus, and I didn't want to miss Tales of Arise.

I really loved the game and the gameplay (I'm really into the Battle OST - Flame of Hope). I am planning to get the DLC and complete it, but for now I will go for the next RPGs.

Right now I have some RPGs on my backlog whose story I completed, yet I did not platinum. I also started with Odin Sphere and Final Fantasy XII. I played Odin Sphere on PS2, so I know what to expect. As for FFXII, I played some years ago but just completed the first dungeons at the time. 

As for my backlog games, I'm planning to tackle Final Fantaxy VII Rebirth, Tales of Zestiria and Digimon World: Next Order.

Haven't decided which games are going for double or triple points. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Good to know. In that case, I have my 2x/3x point games...

Triple Points

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (EU) - 14%

Double Points

Atelier Rorona - 5%

Tales of Xillia - 2%

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

I'm working on my first RPG now, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. This is the PS4 version.

I have spent the past six months on the Free Trial working on the levequests. I was not going to pay for six months. In fact, I intend to delete the game and account when I get the platinum, which I intend to do before April 13th, as that is when the FFXIV live letter is going to air on Twitch and YouTube. ;)

I've also started a bit on Legend of Mana.

update 1.

crisis core final fantasy 7 reunion

100+3×5×42=51=151-22%before event)-35.02=93.98

i finished crisis core final fantasy 7 reunion it was very good game i enjoyed every moment of it.

cant wait to play rebirth 😀😀😀.

• Like 2

Update 1:

Darkest Dungeon: 100 (Base) + (1xG, 1xS, 1xB) = 9 (trophy points) -2.47 (plat rarity) -25 (87% completion) = 81.53

Mass Effect 1: [PS4 Leg. Edition]: 100 (Base) + (4xG, 4xS, 9xB) = 41 (trophy points) -23.79 (plat rarity) -10 (35% completion) = 107.21

While I am here:

Double Points:

Baldur's Gate 1

Baldur's Gate 2

Tripe Points:

Mass Effect Andromeda

• Like 3

So after 5 days and 2 hours of actual game time not in the Free Trial, I have almost reached the home stretch for my first platinum in this event, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Let's just say that PS4 FFXIV is as bad as PS3 LEGO Marvel Superheroes in terms of crashes. I crashed the game at least three times while AFK. :angry:

I just need 2000 more enemy kills and less than 750 FATEs to get the final two trophies in this list. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am in the challenge, I just need time to get started. Once I clear out this bugbear(D&D reference), I can put it to bed and get started on the Mana games I also have on my Spring Backlog challenge list. (Just started Legend of Mana, did the first three quests, really great remake.)

On 4/6/2024 at 9:33 AM, graphic_violins8 said:

If i did the math correctly, here's my first game, with Oceanhorn 2.

100 + (10B, 11S, 5G) 62 - (platinum rarity)32.66 - (pre-event completion 11%) 10 = 119.34!

Oceanhorn 2 is an RPG? <_<

42 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

So after 5 days and 2 hours of actual game time not in the Free Trial, I have almost reached the home stretch for my first platinum in this event, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Let's just say that PS4 FFXIV is as bad as PS3 LEGO Marvel Superheroes in terms of crashes. I crashed the game at least three times while AFK. :angry:

I just need 2000 more enemy kills and less than 750 FATEs to get the final two trophies in this list. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am in the challenge, I just need time to get started. Once I clear out this bugbear(D&D reference), I can put it to bed and get started on the Mana games I also have on my Spring Backlog challenge list. (Just started Legend of Mana, did the first three quests, really great remake.)

Oceanhorn 2 is an RPG? <_<

Looks like it.  At least according to this site.

Edited by graphic_violins8

So we have already some people getting some games on the board, congrats to @AlterArchuria for being the first completion for this event.

Everyone who has submitted their bonus games and completions has been updated on the spreadsheet. Don't forget to check whether they count for the Seasonal Stacker and any other bonuses!

@Beyondthegrave07, @Caju_94, @fisty123, @Gundam-J25, @Meikoro, @NuclearManager, @RedbeardRik, @RoastedPeanut and @Sendai-Horatio I am awaiting your x2 and x3 games.

On 4/2/2024 at 5:44 PM, AlterArchuria said:

Does that mean Call outs do not have a limit then or just the person who gets it is done and the other can still challenge someone else?

You can Call Out as many people as you like, but they have to be accepted and you cannot use one game for multiple challenges.

• Like 3

Oh sure.

Double Points:

Sakura Wars

Eternights

Tripple Points:

Hogwarts Legacy

Participating in another Event this Month, but come back here verry soon :D

• Like 1

Double points games- 

South park stick of truth (ps3)

Bastion (ps4)

Triple point game-

Mass effect (ps3)

Lmk if any of these don't count, specifically bastion. 

Edited by RedbeardRik

I'm not really sure what my double or triple point games will be yet, I have choice paralysis. So stuff may change depending on how I'm feeling, but if I had to pick three games currently:

Double Points:

Tales of Hearts R

Tales of Xillia

Triple Points

Tales of Zestiria

• Like 3

My double points game are:

- South Park: The Stick of Truth

- Battle Chasers: Nightwar

My triple point game is:

- Scarlet Nexus

Right now, I am progressing with Odin Sphere, in the middle of Mercedes' Story. So far, so good, I think they made really nice improvements in relation to the PS2 version.

• Like 1

678/1000, I am in the home stretch. Just need to watch more randomizer races and burn the midnight oil to drag that number of FATEs cleared up, and then the Final Fantasy XIV plat will be mine... and I can say goodbye to my PS4 Lalafell and delete him so my PS5 Lalafell can thrive. I only logged onto my main account to do the FFXVI collab. (Although I might add FFXVI to the list, but not until it goes on sale as $69.99 is not nice. :angry: Also FFXVI will probably be on my secondary account due to the DLC having brutal boss fights.)

Also, I qualified for a lot of trophies on the Free Trial but I didn't pop the trophies until I upgraded my account, so do those trophies I 'earned' on the Free Trial count if I got the qualifiers before April 1? Actually, I didn't get the qualifications until after April 1 just before the upgrade, which I did on April 3 as I needed the money to buy the starter pack and one month of time.)

EDIT: It's finally over. I have my first game for the event, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

FINAL%20FANTASY%20XIV_20240411231913.jpg

SCORE: 100 - 0(Did not earn any trophies before April 1) + (3x6 + 15x2+ 20)=53 - 4.04% rarity = 148.96 points

How did I do this without paying more than the starter pack? Free Trial, baby. You don't get charged while in the Free Trial and since they added in the Stormblood content, you have a lot of stuff you can do, even though you do not need to go beyond the first part of the story, the Realm Reborn story, as none of the trophies require expansions for the platinum, unlike the PS5 version. (coughcough)

I spent half a year grinding out levequests and once I get 999 levequests completed, I upgraded out of the Free Trial, bought a story skip and level boost for my Warrior(I had started as Archer, but picked up Marauder later because I felt Warrior was better at surviving the fifth Binding Coil of Bahamut boss fight with Twintania) and went from there. I won't bother giving the details, but boy howdy was this a grind. (Don't be fooled, I popped all the trophies in eight days but getting to them took me half a year due to the levequests. I didn't touch the character during that time except to check up on leve allowances and then spamming the quest to deliver potions which you can buy at the vendor.)

If you want to enjoy Final Fantasy XIV, play the PS5 version, enjoy and don't worry that you will never finish the trophy list, the platinum is still obtainable but will require you to experience every bit of content. The platinum of that version is even grindier with the gathering and crafting and you will need Shadowbringers content because you will need to complete the raids and alliance raids for that expansion as well, but it's far more enjoyable... and now that I've deleted this character and the PS4 launcher, I can cancel my PS4 account and wash my hands of the experience and focus back on getting Blueberry Dreamweaver, my other account character, to Endwalker before Dawntrail manages to drop in three months. ^_^

Also, I can now be free to work on my next project, Legend of Mana. I have to platinum all the Mana games for my Spring Backlog event!

(I did actually help some groups clear a couple of World Boss  FATEs and that's where I got that barding for my Chocobo. ;))

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2024 at 10:43 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

678/1000, I am in the home stretch. Just need to watch more randomizer races and burn the midnight oil to drag that number of FATEs cleared up, and then the Final Fantasy XIV plat will be mine... and I can say goodbye to my PS4 Lalafell and delete him so my PS5 Lalafell can thrive. I only logged onto my main account to do the FFXVI collab. (Although I might add FFXVI to the list, but not until it goes on sale as $69.99 is not nice. :angry: Also FFXVI will probably be on my secondary account due to the DLC having brutal boss fights.)

Also, I qualified for a lot of trophies on the Free Trial but I didn't pop the trophies until I upgraded my account, so do those trophies I 'earned' on the Free Trial count if I got the qualifiers before April 1? Actually, I didn't get the qualifications until after April 1 just before the upgrade, which I did on April 3 as I needed the money to buy the starter pack and one month of time.)

EDIT: It's finally over. I have my first game for the event, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

FINAL%20FANTASY%20XIV_20240411231913.jpg

SCORE: 100 - 0(Did not earn any trophies before April 1) + (3x6 + 15x2+ 20)=53 - 4.04% rarity = 148.96 points

How did I do this without paying more than the starter pack? Free Trial, baby. You don't get charged while in the Free Trial and since they added in the Stormblood content, you have a lot of stuff you can do, even though you do not need to go beyond the first part of the story, the Realm Reborn story, as none of the trophies require expansions for the platinum, unlike the PS5 version. (coughcough)

I spent half a year grinding out levequests and once I get 999 levequests completed, I upgraded out of the Free Trial, bought a story skip and level boost for my Warrior(I had started as Archer, but picked up Marauder later because I felt Warrior was better at surviving the fifth Binding Coil of Bahamut boss fight with Twintania) and went from there. I won't bother giving the details, but boy howdy was this a grind. (Don't be fooled, I popped all the trophies in eight days but getting to them took me half a year due to the levequests. I didn't touch the character during that time except to check up on leve allowances and then spamming the quest to deliver potions which you can buy at the vendor.)

If you want to enjoy Final Fantasy XIV, play the PS5 version, enjoy and don't worry that you will never finish the trophy list, the platinum is still obtainable but will require you to experience every bit of content. The platinum of that version is even grindier with the gathering and crafting and you will need Shadowbringers content because you will need to complete the raids and alliance raids for that expansion as well, but it's far more enjoyable... and now that I've deleted this character and the PS4 launcher, I can cancel my PS4 account and wash my hands of the experience and focus back on getting Blueberry Dreamweaver, my other account character, to Endwalker before Dawntrail manages to drop in three months. ^_^

Also, I can now be free to work on my next project, Legend of Mana. I have to platinum all the Mana games for my Spring Backlog event!

(I did actually help some groups clear a couple of World Boss  FATEs and that's where I got that barding for my Chocobo. ;))

Sorry but how did you take no trophy before 1st April? It take almost 4 month of real time to get this platinum no less and u platted this game in a week or so. I don’t think importing saves count on this contest like autopop saves.

Update #1

Dragon’s dogma 2

100(base game) - 15(42% completion) +( 16xB,6xA,2xG) = 40 - 10,20(platinum rarity) + 50(new game)

Total: 164,80

I hope to have done right, i sucks on math 😇

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TenebraZero said:

Sorry but how did you take no trophy before 1st April? It take almost 4 month of real time to get this platinum no less and u platted this game in a week or so.

I thought I had mentioned this. I played this game for six months on the Free Trial. While I did get qualified for some trophies(like Page One) as soon as I played the game, you do not earn any trophies while on the Free Trial so no trophies popped during that time. The trophies popped as soon as I upgraded my FFXIV account out of the Free Trial.

What say you mods, did I cheat by using a Free Trial on an MMO that disables trophies while on it to farm up trophies? If the rulings say I violated a rule by doing so, then I will honorably drop out of the event and try again in 2025 with proper single-player games.

19 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

What say you mods, did I cheat by using a Free Trial on an MMO that disables trophies while on it to farm up trophies? If the rulings say I violated a rule by doing so, then I will honorably drop out of the event and try again in 2025 with proper single-player games.

FFXIV gets a 5x score multiplier for being on the Most Wanted list so lord knows what Psy will decide. I imagine any trophies that had their requirements met by you before April 1st will not count but I have no idea how that'd be worked out. Unique situation for sure.

18 minutes ago, SWWDevereux said:

FFXIV gets a 5x score multiplier for being on the Most Wanted list so lord knows what Psy will decide. I imagine any trophies that had their requirements met by you before April 1st will not count but I have no idea how that'd be worked out. Unique situation for sure.

Yeah, I understand is the ruling is negative and I would have to rework the points gotten since I had met the requirements for the first trophy in each set(Page One for doing the first quest, An Adventurer's Duty for getting my first levequest) but we'll see what the situation is. I also totally forgot about the Most Wanted list so Psy needs to tell me these things:

(1) Do I have to reduce my base score for trophy completion before April? (I don't think I have to as the penalties don't start accuring until your trophy completion hits 10% and I don't think I did enough requirements to earn 'trophies past that point before April 1.)

(2) Does the Most Wanted bonus count for either version of FFXIV?

I sort of got over-dramatic about dropping out if I messed up, I just got a little panicky when TenebraZero pointed out that thing. I apologize for being melodramatic. :lol: