Destiny 2: The Witch Queen (Free essential Warning)

Destro_Anubis

very important. if you have extra/premium sub and want to add free essential version DON'T do it on PS5, buy on app or web store, if you buy on PS5 it will add extra version instead free essential and you be lock out. I did it by mistake and now it's gone from extra/essential and only can buy for full price. I called support to revoke license but dunno they will do it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Destro_Anubis said:

very important. if you have extra/premium sub and want to add free essential version DON'T do it on PS5, buy on app or web store, if you buy on PS5 it will add extra version instead free essential and you be lock out. I did it by mistake and now it's gone from extra/essential and only can buy for full price. I called support to revoke license but dunno they will do it.

As a habit, I claim every PS Plus Extra title via the App Store but I think the same thing happened to me with it.  I added to Library and when it refreshed it showed a price.  Not fussed over this as it’s not something I want but I don’t think the entitlement is working anywhere. 

I redeemed it on the web store, and it did the same thing to me. However, when I check on my PS4, it shows up in my "owned DLCs" list on Destiny 2, alongside Beyond Light which was a previous freebie with PS+, so I guess it still worked? I haven't installed the game to see if it shows I have it in-game though.

I also just have PS+ Essential, so it shouldn't have redeemed any Extra version in error for me, since I don't have that tier.

I have downloaded destiny 2 base game i do own the game since it was release, i saw witch queen was added on PS plus for this month (my subscription is premium) however once i click on it gives me only the option to purchase it even though its says included with my subscription 

anyone knows how to fix this?? 

I had the same issue as everyone else has described here. I went into the game to look for myself after the free download button disappeared after pressing it (and showing full price instead). Sure enough; The Witch Queen had been installed, so worth logging into the game to double check this.

• Like 1