366 Days Platinum Club

3 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

1. No, you can have auto racing, kart racing, etc, they are different sports for this event.

2. Any game that was originally released before the year 2000 is allowed for this challenge, it doesn't matter if was bundled with another game (e.g. Castlevania Requiem) or they added new content (Duke Nukem 3d: 20th Anniversary). Check your Day of tye Tentacle and Munch's Oddysee entries, I think they were released not too long ago.

Ok, that makes it easier for me with the racing games.

As for the classics, what confused me was this sentem-se: "However games that were not re-released as part of the PS Plus Premium Classics catalog will not be considered as PS1 Classics (e.g. MGS1, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Pixel Collection games, etc.)".

I can understand not allowing remakes, but since you mention FF Pixel collection (and I believe that's just an HD remaster, like the FF7, FF8 and FF9 rereleased on PS4 with trophies), it left me confused.

As for Day of the Tentacle, the one on PS4 is a remaster or the original game that was released in 1993 (just like Full Throttle and Grim Fandango, actually all 3 came originally from the same studio back then).

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/564903-maniac-mansion-day-of-the-tentacle/data

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Tentacle

You are right on Oddworld, somehow I saw it as if it was released for PS1 too, should have mixed it with other game from the series.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Hmm, are we looking at the same post? I only have 10 games in March, I don't have any 11th game completed on a unique day in March. But I noticed that I miscounted the games in April, I have 7 instead of 6, so all in all, I do have 100 games with unique platinum dates :D

Regarding Witcher 3: Ciri is playable at certain points in the story for a bit, and she plays a vital role in the story. But you can't switch to play her whenever you want and you can't level her or give her equipment, so I guess it doesn't count. 🤔
I also removed all games in Women's Day with female character companions, it doesn't sound like they count. That means I actually don't have that many games with female protagonists :D

I still have to edit a few challenges, the ones with a  or ✔️ are ready to be checked to see if everything is suitable for the challenges 👌

There are several games on PSN with female characters so you will complete the challenge eventually.

32 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, that makes it easier for me with the racing games.

As for the classics, what confused me was this sentem-se: "However games that were not re-released as part of the PS Plus Premium Classics catalog will not be considered as PS1 Classics (e.g. MGS1, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Pixel Collection games, etc.)".

I can understand not allowing remakes, but since you mention FF Pixel collection (and I believe that's just an HD remaster, like the FF7, FF8 and FF9 rereleased on PS4 with trophies), it left me confused.

As for Day of the Tentacle, the one on PS4 is a remaster or the original game that was released in 1993 (just like Full Throttle and Grim Fandango, actually all 3 came originally from the same studio back then).

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/564903-maniac-mansion-day-of-the-tentacle/data

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Tentacle

You are right on Oddworld, somehow I saw it as if it was released for PS1 too, should have mixed it with other game from the series.

The 2-D Final Fantasy games are allowed.

I think you are confusin Munch's Oddysee with Abe's Oddysee. 

Then I misread the Day of the Tentacle, somewhere I saw it was released on 2008, unless it was a re-release.

45 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I also removed all games in Women's Day with female character companions, it doesn't sound like they count. That means I actually don't have that many games with female protagonists :D

I still have to edit a few challenges, the ones with a  or ✔️ are ready to be checked to see if everything is suitable for the challenges 👌

Yeah, you probably can't do the challenge. Don't worry about it. The rulings for the challenger were probably not clear. Rulings are very hard to determine, just ask any Yu-Gi-Oh player the rulings of Five God Dragon. :lol:

I'm sure you'll find some challenge you do qualify for. I'm tempted to say FFVI would qualify for the Girl Power challenge, but the only times you can edit your party to be only girls is rare and you are required to use three teams to get through Kefka's Tower, and trying to get through each area with a party consisting on only one girl would be impossible unless you utilizing the boosts. 😜

56 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

There are several games on PSN with female characters so you will complete the challenge eventually.

The 2-D Final Fantasy games are allowed.

I think you are confusin Munch's Oddysee with Abe's Oddysee. 

Then I misread the Day of the Tentacle, somewhere I saw it was released on 2008, unless it was a re-release.

Ok, got it! thanks!

Ya, probably that was the case on Oddworld.

Odd, I could only find release dates for Day of the Tentacle in 1993 (original one on DOS), and the HD remaster in 2016, when they decided to remaster it along Grim Fandando and Full Throttle.

Eh, why not? I'm going easy on the challenges this year, but seeing as it's over a very long time period, it's no real pressure ha.

Sadly, I did not have a leap year game logged, so 2028 will be my first opportunity to complete it. 

PSN: Finch_III

Days completed: 118/366

EZ Plats/Auto-pops: 2 (I think)

Time Zone: UK (GMT+0) 

A link to my very basic spreadsheet.

I'm also too lazy to bother with the challenges, so I'll give those a miss. If I ever complete my spreadsheet, I might see if I got any by accident – I suspect I've possibly even already got the Indie one. 

• Like 2

Hi! I'd like to sign up.

PSN: Mary_mon42
Timezone: UTC-4

Days: 92/366
Easy Plats: 7/50

I made a spreadsheet because it's much easier for me to keep track of things like that, spent a while doing it so I might've missed something or misread/misunderstood any of the rules, so just let me know if there's anything that needs to be fixed. Spreadsheet here.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The Hall of Fame is up to date. Please let me know if something is missing. If you added more games you can post a new message with only the new days completed to avoid long posts.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

The Hall of Fame is up to date. Please let me know if something is missing. If you added more games you can post a new message with only the new days completed to avoid long posts.

Think there’s a typo in my “Jack of All Trades”? 

Says 9/12, but I’ve done all 12. If some of those don’t count, I’m certain I can swap some out, as I’ve finished Rebourne’s Challenge, and I’m confident I can fill 12 different genres in 12 different months

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Think there’s a typo in my “Jack of All Trades”? 

Says 9/12, but I’ve done all 12. If some of those don’t count, I’m certain I can swap some out, as I’ve finished Rebourne’s Challenge, and I’m confident I can fill 12 different genres in 12 different months

You are right. I copied and pasted at the moment of adding your id, that must have slipped. It's already solved.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

@Deceptrox I forgot to make a post about it earlier, but here's my current challenge status:

Screenshot-2024-03-17-125129.jpg

Details for everything are on my sheet, but everything should be good except for maybe 'Elite Athlete.' A couple of these may be stretches, but I think I could justify all of them. Let me know what you think:

Screenshot-2024-03-17-125742.jpg

Also, if you're taking feedback on the challenges: the options for 'Superheroes Don't Take Vacations' and 'A Classic Never Dies' feel a lot narrower to me than the others. I'm not sure that there are more than a few dozen options for either, especially with so many retro games lacking a plat (like the entire Arcade Archives series); compare that to the number of indie games, or games with female protagonists. I don't personally see the need to limit the former to licensed IPs, or to restrict the number of PS Classics that can be used for the latter (I could be missing something, though).

• Like 3

@Xylobe, I'll update your progress later, hopefully today.

There are a good number of classics from the 90's to fullfil the challenge and more remastered games are coming or just released not long ago, for the latter the Final Fantasy Pixel collection has 6 platinums, Clock Tower, Tomba, Gex, Grandia 1 & 2 are coming hopefully this month and they will probably have a platinum for PS4 & PS5, the Tomb Raider 1 - 3 collection has 3 platinums while for the former I can think of Zombies Are My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol, Ghosts and Goblins, Duke 3D, Quake 1 & 2, Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug, Castlevania Rondo of Blood, Metal Gear 1 & 2, Metal Gear Solid, and many others. 

There are also a decent amount of superheroes games and most likely there will be more in the future.

Think of the challenges as long term sub-event as well since there is no time limit for the whole thing, hopefully several more games that could fit the remaining categories would be released as classics and probably in some years I most likely change the 90's restriction to early 2000's (between 2000 - 2005 for example).

• Like 1

I'm so sad, I was working on creating this exact event, but you beat me to it, lol.  I have all my platinums listed individually in a google spreadsheet.  I didn't want to post until I had a way to auto-fill, but figured each entrant could run a script to load a spreadsheet with their plats, then just post the tally.  Each spreadsheet could be added to a master list that everyone could access and view, like the project platinum master spreadsheet.  I figured having some requirements like limitations on shovelware or minimums of UR plats would be needed, but my ideas weren't as strict as yours.

Anyway, I'd like to enter, but it's going to take me some time to transfer all my games to a long spoiler-tagged list.  Hopefully someone here can create a script that will automate this process to make things easier in the future.

Edit: For example, here's my spreadsheet (it got all wonky when I saved it as a jpg).  I listed all my games, so some days have multiples, number in parenthesis is the year I earned it and URs are bold.  Obviously this isn't my entry, just adding it for reference, I'll post my entry in the format specified by the OP... soon? lol)

4fIDxDp.jpeg

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

Anyway, I'd like to enter, but it's going to take me some time to transfer all my games to a long spoiler-tagged list. 

There is no need to transfer all your games to a spoiler tag list, you can use a spreadsheet, just post the link to check it. And please don't forget to tell us how many days out of 366 you have completed along with your time zone so I can add you to the Hall of Fame here; and also your challenges if you want to complete those too.

@Xylobe, I forgot to answer your question about "Elite Athlete". I think it's ok. As long as it's a real sport, it works. I'll accept the Ratchet and Clank hoverbike racing as is a type of bike racing despite being a futuristic one.

Regarding the other question, I'll try to make a list of all games on psnprofiles that can be used for classics and another list for comic book superhero games.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

There is no need to transfer all your games to a spoiler tag list, you can use a spreadsheet, just post the link to check it. And please don't forget to tell us how many days out of 366 you have completed along with your time zone so I can add you to the Hall of Fame here; and also your challenges if you want to complete those too.

@Xylobe, I forgot to answer your question about "Elite Athlete". I think it's ok. As long as it's a real sport, it works. I'll accept the Ratchet and Clank hoverbike racing as is a type of bike racing despite being a futuristic one.

Regarding the other question, I'll try to make a list of all games on psnprofiles that can be used for classics and another list for comic book superhero games.

That will save me a ton of work writing my post! (I'm not yet finished, but hope to be in a few hours..).

As for Sports, I hope "Anti-Gravity Racing" (Wipeout) will also be accepted, since Wipeout 2048 intro video shows that's the "next evolution" on car racing...

I also have questions on Classics + Superhero (is Manga Okey?), but if you are making a list, I can wait for that, since I'm definitely not going to complete either category as of now).

Now, I will continue my list.. I will likely post some specific questions when I post the full list..

• Like 1

Ok, time for me to post my entry...

So, after all, in my 329 platinum, I was able to fill only 205 days... and while using 3 of my main and biggest series, I could only fill 11 of the 12 months (while those 3 series account for 30 platinum lol).

The link to my spreadsheet (tab: "366 Calendar Challenge")

Total days: 205/366 (8 easy platinum)

• January: 20/31
  • February: 21/29
  • March: 15/31
  • April: 13/30
  • May: 15/31
  • June: 16/30
  • July: 16/31
  • August: 22/31
  • September: 18/30
  • October: 14/31
  • November: 19/30
  • December: 16/31

Challenges:

• Everybody has a favorite series: 11/12 (Final Fantasy, Tales of and Disgaea)
  • Leap Day Achiever: Tekken 8 at 2024
  • Playstation Forever: 12/12
  • Indie Supporter: 11/12
  • Superheroes Don't Take Vacations: 3/12
  • Elite Athlete: 12/12
  • Jack of All Trades: 12/12
  • A Classic Never Dies: 5/12 (1 PS+ Classic)
  • People Person: 12/12
  • Ultra Rare Hunter: 12/12
  • Women Power: 12/12
  • Holiday Spirit: 10/12

Now, my questions and notes:

- I will review the A Classics Never Dies category as we get more info on it.

- For the Holiday spirit, I'm using the Portuguese holidays, and special dates, funny enough I didn't found any particular dates for July for some reason.. I'm missing September, but it's simply because I never got a trophy at September 22nd (Fall season start), and that's the only date that I see with any meaningful significance here.

I think that's all for now..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 4

Alright, I'm ready to post my entry...

Matto_LSI

Days: 286/366

EZ Plats: 10/50, 1 Auto-pop

Time Zone: (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US)

366 Days List + Challenges Spreadsheet

(I copied and used OP's spreadsheet - Days are on Sheet 1, Challenges on Sheet 2)

January: 31 / 31

February: 29 / 29

March: 21 / 31

April: 20 / 30

May: 19 / 31

June: 19 / 30

July: 27 / 31

August: 22 / 31

September: 24 / 30

October: 29 / 31

November: 23 / 30

December: 22 / 31

Challange Progess:

Everybody Has a Favorite Series (12 / 12)

Leap Day Achiever (1/1)

PlayStation Forever (12 / 12)

Indie Supporter (12 / 12)

Superheroes Don't Take Vacations (9 / 12)

Elite Athlete (12 / 12)

Jack of All Trades (12 / 12)

A Classic Never Dies (4 / 12)

People Person (12 / 12)

Ultra Rare Hunter (12 / 12)

Woman Power (12 / 12)

Holiday Spirit (11 / 12)

Side Note: I want to put my vote in for PS2 games (01-05) to be used for the Classics challenge.  I feel like anything released prior to the trophy system is a classic.  And if anyone can think of any other holidays in the US in July or August, please let me know.  I used Women's Equality Day for August, cause I saw it on someone else's list, hopefully that works.  For July I'll have to wait and plan to get a plat on the 4th, which I've somehow never done.

I also found a couple mistakes in the spreadsheet I'd been keeping, so I unfortunately have a couple less plat days than I thought.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Here's a list of all superhero games that I could find on psnprofiles, please let me know if I missed a game:

DC (31 platinums):

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 3 stacks (PS3, PS3 JP [Japan], PS4)

Batman: Arkham City - 2 stacks (PS3, PS4)

*Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) <unobtainable platinum if you haven’t earned the mp trophies before the server was shutdown>

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - 2 stacks (Vita, PS3)

Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

Batman: The Telltale Series - 2 stacks (PS3, PS4)

Batman: The Enemy Within (PS4)

DC’s Justice League: Cosmic Chaos - 2 stacks (PS4, PS5)

DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace

DC Universe Online - 3 stacks (PS3, PS4 NA, PS4 EU)

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters (PS3)

Gotham Knights (PS5)

Injustice: Gods Among Us - 4 stacks (PS3, Vita, PS4 NA, PS4 EU) <has online trophies>

Injustice 2 (PS4) <has online trophies>

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - 2 stacks (PS3, Vita)

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - 3 stacks (PS3, Vita, PS4)

Young Justice League: Legacy (PS3)

Marvel (41 platinums):

Captain America: Super Soldier (PS3)

*Deadpool - 2 stacks (PS3, PS4) <delisted digitally>

Iron Man 2 (PS3)

Kick-Ass 2 (PS3)

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 2 stacks (PS3, PS4)

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril (Vita) <it’s the same game as the one above but this list has more trophies>

LEGO Marvel’s Avengers - 3 stacks (PS3, Vita, PS4) <the Vita version has less trophies>

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PS4)

*Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS4) <digital only> <delisted but codes for the digital bundle were available online for purchase not long ago>

*Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - 2 stacks (PS3, PS4) <digital only on PS4> <delisted on PS4 but codes for the digital bundle were available online for purchase not long ago>

Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet (PS3)

Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat (PS3)

Marvel Heroes Omega (PS4)

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (PS4)

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy - 2 stacks (PS4, PS5)

*Marvel’s Avengers - 2 stacks (PS4, PS5) <delisted>

Marvel’s Iron Man VR (PS4) (PSVR1 only)

Marvel’s Spider-Man - 2 stacks (PS4, PS5)

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 2 stacks (PS4, PS5)

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 (PS5)

Marvel’s Midnight Suns - 2 stacks (PS4, PS5)

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (PS3)

Spider-Man: Edge of Time (PS3)

The Amazing Spider-Man - 3 stacks (PS3, Vita NA, Vita EU)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 2 stacks (PS3, PS4)

Thor: God of Thunder (PS3)

X-Men Destiny (PS3)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (PS3)

Upcoming and Rumored Games:

Black Panther

Blade (it will most likely be released on PlayStation at launch or at some point)

Captain America and Black Panther

Iron Man

Venom

Wolverine

Wonder Woman

As you can see there are 71 potential platinums, due to servers shutdowns some of them are not attainable anymore but taking those out it will still be more than 60 platinums to earn.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

Eh, might as well get started...

Days Completed: 49/366

EZ Plats: 20/50

Time Zone: Central Standard Time

January (6/31)

Spoiler
  • 2nd: Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS5) [2024]
  • 6th: Eventide 2 - Sorcerer's Mirror [2024]
  • 13th: Ape Escape (PS4) [2024]
  • 15th: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Vita) [2024]
  • 16th: TOEM
  • 31st: LEGO Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga (PS4) [2024]

February (9/29)

Spoiler
  • 3rd: Adventures of Mana [2024]
  • 6th: Final Fantasy IV [2024]
  • 10th: Chicory - A Colorful Tale (PS4) [2024]
  • 14th: Starlight Shores (PS4) [2024]
  • 16th: Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS4) [2024]
  • 17th: Wild ARMS (PS4) [2024]
  • 21st: Chicory - A Colorful Tale (PS5) [2024]
  • 24th: Disgaaea 5 - Alliance of Vengeance [2024]
  • 29th: Final Fantasy VII [2024]

March (6/31)

Spoiler
  • 1st: Cat Quest [2024]
  • 3rd: Wild ARMS (PS5) [2024]
  • 5th: Final Fantasy V [2024]
  • 7th: Final Fantasy III [2024]
  • 11th: Final Fantasy VI [2024]
  • 13th: Dragon Quest Builders [2024]

April (6/30)

Spoiler
  • 1st: Master Maker 3D Ultimate (PS5)
  • 3rd: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
  • 11th: Final Fantasy XIV (PS4)
  • 18th: Newt One
  • 26th: Ravva and the Cyclops Curse
  • 30th: Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

May (3/31)

Spoiler
  • 14th: Nexomon (PS5)
  • 18th: Choice Clash - What Would You Rather?
  • 31st: Puzzle Journey

September (9/30)

Spoiler
  • 10th: Ape Escape - On the Loose! [2023]
  • 11th: Behind the Frame - The Finest Scenery (PS4) [2023]
  • 18th: Engimatis - The Ghosts of Maple Creek [2023]
  • 23rd: Gravity Duck (PS4) [2023]
  • 25th: Lara Croft GO [2023]
  • 27th: Queen's Quest 2 - Stories of Forgotten Past [2023]
  • 28th: Storm Boy
  • 29th: Tetra's Escape (PS4) [2023]
  • 30th: Unpacknig (PS4) [2023]

October (4/31)

Spoiler
  • 2nd: Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS4) [2023]
  • 10th: Yooka-Laylee [2023]
  • 16th: Pic-a-Pix Classic (PS4) [2023]
  • 30th: Final Fantasy [2023]

November (5/30)

Spoiler
  • 3rd: Eventide - Slavic Fable [2023]
  • 4th: Bai-Qu - Hundreds of Memories (PS4) [2023]
  • 5th: Aer - Memories of Old [2023]
  • 6th: Queen's Quest 3 - The End of Dawn [2023]
  • 17th: Book Quest [2023]

December (1/31)

Spoiler
  • 25th: Yuletide Legends - Who Framed Santa Claus? (PS4) [2023]

I won't have much until the months pass, and I will be heading to Utah from the 19th to 22nd to attend a special gaming marathon event an I probably won't be able to sync up trophies until I get back(or even bring consoles to hunt trophies on, though I might bring my Vita and PS3 with me to the hotel), so those days will have to be relegated to 2025. I'm also probably going to plat two more games before the end of March but the first won't be for a few days as it's going to be my 100th platinum so I want to work on it slowly. ^_^

The platinums I earned in 2023 were part of an A-Z-Z-A challenge so many of them are hot garbage.:lol: Probably overshot the allowed quota, but I did earn platinums on those days. I'll remove them if I failed the challenge because I overshot the quota of 50 EZs. :(

If I qualify for any challenges, please let me know, though I don't think I do right now.

Okay, I should post progress then. <_<

Everyone Has a Favorite Series: 4/12

Spoiler

(1) Final Fantasy

• February: Final Fantasy VII
  • March: Final Fantasy V
  • April: Final Fantasy XIV
  • October: Final Fantasy

(Right now I only have Final Fatnasy but I intend to add more in the future.

Leap Day Achiever: Final Fantasy VIl (2024)

Playstation Forever: 3/12

Spoiler

January: Ape Escape (released on the original Playstation, was the first game requiring dual analog sticks!)

February: Final Fantasy VII (released on the original Playstation, was the first Final Fantasy not on a Nintendo console)

March: Wild ARMs (released on the original Playstation in 1996 in Japan and 1997 in the US)

Ultra Rare Hunter: 1/12

Spoiler

March: Final Fantasy XIV (PS4 edition)

Indie Supporter: 3/12

Spoiler

January: TOEM (created by Something We Made)

February: Chicory - a Colorful Tale (created by Greg Lobanov)

March: Cat Quest (created by the Gentlebros)

May: Nexomon (created by VEWO Entertainment)

Jack of All Trades: 6/12

Spoiler

January: TOEM (Puzzle)

February: Starlight Shores (Visual Novel)

March: Final Fantasy V (Roleplaying)

September: Lara Croft GO (Turn-based Strategy)

October: Yooka-Laylee (Platformer)

November: Book Quest (Adventure)

A Classic Never Dies: 4/12

Spoiler

January: Ape Escape (released on the original Playstation in 1999)

February: Final Fantasy IV (originally released on the Super Nintendo)

March: Final Fantasy VI (originally released on the Super Nintendo)

October: Final Fantasy (originally released on the Nintendo Entertainment System)

Women Power 5/12

Most of these games are Artifex Mundi titles which usually have a female protagonist :)

Spoiler

January: Crime Secrets - Crimson Lily

September: Behind the Frame - the Finest Scenery

October: Xenon Valkyrie+ (has a couple of male characters you can play as but the main character is female)

November: Eventide - Slavic Fable

December: Yuletide Legends - Who Framed Santa Claus?

Holiday Spirit: 1/12

Spoiler

December: Yuletide Legends - Who Framed Santa Claus? (The game takes place on Christmas Eve)

The challenges I have yet to start are Superheroes Don't Take Vacations(I have a ton of LEGO Superhero games, but probably won't play much else so I probably won't finish this), Elite Athlete(if anyone wants to point out games that involve sports in my list, PM me), and Ultra Rare Hunter.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I had to remove the Mana series from the Everyone's Got a Favorite series challenge because I forgot I had planned to platinum Trials of Mana on April for both my Backlog challenge and RPG Mania, which means it was going to clash with the plan to platinum FFXIV, so since Mana has only one game in the list and Final Fantasy has several, this got removed. So now I only have one series. I will have to just work on something else and probably have to have Final Fantasy be the bulk of the challenge unless I find something else. Do spinoffs count as part of a series?

Edited by ProfSeajay7
Change of plans
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Here's a list

Would you also count?:

DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (PS4 & PS5)

LEGO DC Super-Villains (4 stacks on PS4)

There's probably others, but I have both of these but didn't see them on the list, so thought I'd ask.

Also, what about when the comic comes after the game?  For instance, this snippet is on the inFamous wiki:

Spoiler

Infamous is a 2011 superhero comic book series based on the video game of the same name published by DC Comics in association with Sucker Punch Productions. The comic book followed the adventure of superhero, Cole MacGrath, and takes place in between the events of Infamous and Infamous 2.

Or are you only looking for original DC and Marvel heroes?

Edited by Matto_lsi

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

Would you also count?:

DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (PS4 & PS5)

LEGO DC Super-Villains (4 stacks on PS4)

There's probably others, but I have both of these but didn't see them on the list, so thought I'd ask.

Also, what about when the comic comes after the game?  For instance, this snippet is on the inFamous wiki:

Hide contents

Infamous is a 2011 superhero comic book series based on the video game of the same name published by DC Comics in association with Sucker Punch Productions. The comic book followed the adventure of superhero, Cole MacGrath, and takes place in between the events of Infamous and Infamous 2.

Or are you only looking for original DC and Marvel heroes?

Sorry, but only games where you play as superheroes, no supervillians allowed.

I didn't add the super pets games because in the end they are pets.

Only superhero games that have a comic book origin, that appeared for the first time in a superhero tv series and were later added to comic books (I can't think of an example but if Harley Quin were a superhero she would fit here), and other superheroes/heroes that were later added to existing comic books (Kick-Ass). For now inFamous, Control and similar games are not allowed since they are not traditional comic book characters. If a Spawn or Watchmen game is released in the future then those will count.

I forgot to mention that heroes/superheroes like Turok, Zorro, The Phantom, and others count for this challenge if they have games with platinums.

Edited by Deceptrox

16 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Sorry, but only games where you play as superheroes, no supervillians allowed.

I didn't add the super pets games because in the end they are pets.

Only superhero games that have a comic book origin, that appeared for the first time in a superhero tv series and were later added to comic books (I can't think of an example but if Harley Quin were a superhero she would fit here), and other superheroes/heroes that were later added to existing comic books (Kick-Ass). For now inFamous, Control and similar games are not allowed since they are not traditional comic book characters. If a Spawn or Watchmen game is released in the future then those will count.

I forgot to mention that heroes/superheroes like Turok, Zorro, The Phantom, and others count for this challenge if they have games with platinums.

More out of curiosity than anything else, but…

…if Batman counts for that, and given that he isn’t technically a “superhero” (since he doesn’t have super powers), and his main character strength is being the “worlds greatest detective”…

…what about Sherlock Holmes?

He has appeared in many comic books, and there are a fair few games with platinums to his name, he has basically the same “superpowers” as Batman, and he even has a “supervillain” nemesis, in Moriarty…

• Like 1