Why did they have to make it such a slog?

26 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

THIS. Trying to get through brutal 5 and used optinoobs guides which are great, but cant deal with that stupi gigaworm and now watching differnt videos for using another bild or make a mix with optinoobs one. Getting tired of this watching all these videos. The problem ist most of them are 20 to 40 minutes long. Crazy. I will plat this game, but man these Challanges really destroed the positive vibe I had with this game. 

When he tries to eat you dash toward him not away and you'll never get eaten at all.

The reason you don't have 7 of each materia is that would make 8/10 difficulty drop to 4. Do you know how many monsters you'd trivialize if you absorbed their element? Phienx for example is just a healing machine if put fire and elemental on your characters.

14 hours ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

When he tries to eat you dash toward him not away and you'll never get eaten at all.

The reason you don't have 7 of each materia is that would make 8/10 difficulty drop to 4. Do you know how many monsters you'd trivialize if you absorbed their element? Phienx for example is just a healing machine if put fire and elemental on your characters.

tried this because Optinoob made it the Same way. Made it this way, but he eats me. The Quake/blizzaga strategy is maybe the Solution for me. 

have to correct, not the Materia Switches are the Most Annoying Part. Ist Chadley with his three sentences before and After VR Missions 💯.

edit: Finally made it with the Guide from MaliceNX First try. That was intense. Some Break before the last brutal Mission thats for Sure.

Edited by VER7UZ-

11 hours ago, VER7UZ- said:

tried this because Optinoob made it the Same way. Made it this way, but he eats me. The Quake/blizzaga strategy is maybe the Solution for me. 

have to correct, not the Materia Switches are the Most Annoying Part. Ist Chadley with his three sentences before and After VR Missions 💯.

edit: Finally made it with the Guide from MaliceNX First try. That was intense. Some Break before the last brutal Mission thats for Sure.

Huh, wired!? After I started dashing toward him when he jumped none of the worms could eat me.

Oh I fucking hate Chadley so much that I muted the voice just to not hear his voice 😂

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I don’t have a problem with the story being a lot longer but they really went overboard with the minigames and collectibles. I don’t think anyone necessarily asked for 200 hours of content…

Don’t even get me started on those VR challenges. 

See it positive. This game is worth your money. Nobody forces you to rush it or platinum it one week and if you don't wanna platinum it. Just enjoy your time with it and drop it.

13 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

See it positive. This game is worth your money. Nobody forces you to rush it or platinum it one week and if you don't wanna platinum it. Just enjoy your time with it and drop it.

Yes but a lot of us DO want to Platinum it is the thing. Making the Platinum this punishing for no reason is just unnecessary. I think the FF7 Remake was a good balance of difficulty and time commitment; which they continued that here.

I don't think the "well no one's forcing you to get the Platinum" argument ever holds any weight. Every developer knows a certain percentage of their playerbase will want to Platinum, so I don't see why they'd go out of their way to make it so unforgiving to the point where it starts to sap the fun out of the game. 

13 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I don't think the "well no one's forcing you to get the Platinum" argument ever holds any weight. Every developer knows a certain percentage of their playerbase will want to Platinum, so I don't see why they'd go out of their way to make it so unforgiving to the point where it starts to sap the fun out of the game. 

The "our game is so awesome, it's the only thing you'll play this year" narcissistic/lazy approach. That's how I always see lists like that. 

It's an example that trophies are an afterthought. Doing hard mode? Sure, no issues there. Not making hard mode available from the start (and balancing it to be doable) and forcing you to do another playthrough of a game that you've already spent 100+ hours in, half of which was doing Ubi-level boring stuff? It's just bad design imo. What's fine for a 10 hour long game is not fine if you multiply that by ten. 

Honestly, at least 1/3rd of trophy lists are like that. Someone makes them, no one cares if they suit the game in any way, if they make it more fun or a chore in the long run. 

12 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Yes but a lot of us DO want to Platinum it is the thing. Making the Platinum this punishing for no reason is just unnecessary. I think the FF7 Remake was a good balance of difficulty and time commitment; which they continued that here.

Of course but some people say f it and move on. You have to think for yourself if it's "worth it" or not and like I said. If you wanna unlock the platinum and it pisses you off right now just take a break or play in short bursts.

11 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Of course but some people say f it and move on. You have to think for yourself if it's "worth it" or not and like I said. If you wanna unlock the platinum and it pisses you off right now just take a break or play in short bursts.

That's not the point, you're pinning the blame on the gamer instead of the developer. The Platinum, like all other aspects of the game, is part of the experience. Making the Platinum a chore is therefore detracting from the enjoyment. On the contrary, having a fun and balanced Platinum can actually enrich the experience for us completionists. I see no reason why developers can't put more thought into delivering a path to the Platinum that is fun with a good amount of challenge rather than testing our patience with extremely tedious and cumbersome tasks. 

You said earlier that having this endless checklist of things to do should be considered a positive because hey, "it's more content", right? That's not true. It's actually the opposite, bloating a game with menial activities hurts the game; there's such thing as a game being too big for its own good. I, like most people I think, would much rather have less side quests that are each more fleshed out. Less is more. Quality > Quantity. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

That's not the point, you're pinning the blame on the gamer instead of the developer. The Platinum, like all other aspects of the game, is part of the experience. Making the Platinum a chore is therefore detracting from the enjoyment. On the contrary, having a fun and balanced Platinum can actually enrich the experience for us completionists. I see no reason why developers can't put more thought into delivering a path to the Platinum that is fun with a good amount of challenge rather than testing our patience with extremely tedious and cumbersome tasks. 

You said earlier that having this endless checklist of things to do should be considered a positive because hey, "it's more content", right? That's not true. It's actually the opposite, bloating a game with menial activities hurts the game; there's such thing as a game being too big for its own good. I, like most people I think, would much rather have less side quests that are each more fleshed out. Less is more. Quality > Quantity. 

I’ve not found the game to feel bloated at all. In fact, it’s one of relatively few games I’ve played of this length where I’d struggle to really point to any part of if I haven’t enjoyed, and where there are so many different mini-games, none of which I found to be a chore.

I’m currently around Chapter 10 on my Hard Playthrough, and did pretty much everything I could in my Normal Playthrough…

…and that’s after replaying all of Remake right before it, and doing all the Yuffie DLC stuff twice for the S-Rank.

TBH, I would actually expect to feel a little burned out by now - so the fact that I don’t is really a hell of a testament to how good Rebirth is, in my book!

In fairness, I haven’t done all the Brutal or Legendary Chadley stuff yet - but I doubt the remaining ones will change my opinion at this point.

Of course, you are entitled to feel however you feel, but my point is that there are people like myself who would much rather have a nice long experience in pursuit of the platinum, hitting all the elements of the game.

When the game is this good, it’s worth it 👍

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I’ve not found the game to feel bloated at all. In fact, it’s one of relatively few games I’ve played of this length where I’d struggle to really point to any part of if I haven’t enjoyed, and where there are so many different mini-games, none of which I found to be a chore.

I’m currently around Chapter 10 on my Hard Playthrough, and did pretty much everything I could in my Normal Playthrough…

…and that’s after replaying all of Remake right before it, and doing all the Yuffie DLC stuff twice for the S-Rank.

TBH, I would actually expect to feel a little burned out by now - so the fact that I don’t is really a hell of a testament to how good Rebirth is, in my book!

In fairness, I haven’t done all the Brutal or Legendary Chadley stuff yet - but I doubt the remaining ones will change my opinion at this point.

Of course, you are entitled to feel however you feel, but my point is that there are people like myself who would much rather have a nice long experience in pursuit of the platinum, hitting all the elements of the game.

When the game is this good, it’s worth it 👍

You may have found all those minigames enjoyable, but I don't think most would agree. The minigames is one of the most consistent complaints I see about this game. 

2 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You may have found all those minigames enjoyable, but I don't think most would agree. The minigames is one of the most consistent complaints I see about this game. 

Well, fair play -  it’s sold about 2million copies so far, so if you can point to 1,000,001 separate people complaining about the minigames, then I’ll concede that “most” don’t agree with me.

Until then though, I tend to simply assume that a small minority of people spend their time endlessly whining about games while still inexplicably playing them, some dislike games and stop playing to play something else…

…and the majority just quietly enjoy them while living their lives.

• Like 2