Why did they have to make it such a slog?

3 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I am sorry but OP clearly said that he hits a wall in chapter 8 and asked if anyone feels the same, so what are you even talking about? You don't even know how you feel about it in chapter 8.

Ch.4 is similar with ch.2. I assume that's what he means by repetitive. It doesn't feel like that for me at all. In fact i wouldnt mind if every chapter was like that. 1 and 3 were too short

3 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Ch.4 is similar with ch.2. I assume that's what he means by repetitive. It doesn't feel like that for me at all. In fact i wouldnt mind if every chapter was like that. 1 and 3 were too short

No, I also was enjoying the game in Chapter 4. I'd say Chapter 7 things really started to go downhill for me. I would have rated the game an 8 probably when I was on Chapter 4 but now on Chapter 8 I'd probably give it a 6. Just play the game more lol.. You might agree with me. The first 15-20 hours were enjoyable I thought but now I'm struggling.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, den-69 said:

No, I also was enjoying the game in Chapter 4. I'd say Chapter 7 things really started to go downhill for me. I would have rated the game an 8 probably when I was on Chapter 4 but now on Chapter 8 I'd probably give it a 6. Just play the game more lol.. You might agree with me. The first 15-20 hours were enjoyable I thought but now I'm struggling.

We will see in a week :)

Chapters 4 & 5 were a high point IMO, and I definitely agree that things start to get terribly drawn-out after that. Chapters 8 & 10 in particular felt like they were never going to end, and Chapter 13's dungeon is four full hours long! I've also read a lot of complaints about Chapter 11, when you're forced to play as a certain character, but I personally didn't have a problem with that one.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

I've also read a lot of complaints about Chapter 11, when you're forced to play as a certain character, but I personally didn't have a problem with that one.

I’m there right now. It’s the first time in the game where I think: ‘Is this really necessary?’ 

I don’t like this part, but it’s the first thing I don’t like in the game. So far it’s been pretty epic.

• Like 3

I had no issues going through the game everything felt pretty natural and it was fun playing as different characters and seeing how they react with the environment. The only part that feels like a slog are these Brutal VR challenges. They have way too many rounds and take too long.

6 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I had no issues going through the game everything felt pretty natural and it was fun playing as different characters and seeing how they react with the environment. The only part that feels like a slog are these Brutal VR challenges. They have way too many rounds and take too long.

Feels like a 8/10 or pretty doable if you've maxed materia and hit high level?

Just now, Deluziion90 said:

Feels like a 8/10 or pretty doable if you've maxed materia and hit high level?

I'm currently stuck on the Rulers of the Outer Worlds. It's a boss gauntlet. That one feels like an 8/10. The rest have all been pretty doable if you equip the right stuff.

40 minutes ago, SethHulc said:

Wait till you get to Chapter 11... that's when it goes in the bin properly

Worst chapter in the game for me. I had to take a break twice during that chapter out of boredom. Chapter 12 has been much better so far.

Edited by Sn1per666999

That box throwing was obnoxious. The cute cat roll quickly turned into something painful.
Getting Tifa as the date in Chapter 12 made it better....

1 hour ago, Sn1per666999 said:

Worst chapter in the game for me. I had to take a break twice during that chapter out of boredom. Chapter 12 has been much better so far.

• Like 1

Having played Remake Intergrade and Rebirth demo with it's amazing janitorial section I kind dread the idea of buying this game in the distant future.  I imagine it would be a slog and from what I heard it's worse than I expected.  But at least I'll probably enjoy the combat while sitting back and laughing at the nonsensical story.

Yeah, I really love Remake and Rebirth, but by the time I got to Chapter 8, I was also starting to feel really tired. Chapter 11 is genuinely what broke my spirit. It captures everything I dislike about certain main chapters of both games and the general pacing.

• Like 3

I'm still cleaning up the Chapter 9 region and unfortunately I'm starting to feel the open world burnout. This game has been amazing but I can't lie, the standard open-world checklist is getting old for me. Thank god the mini games exist because they keep things from getting stale. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say the game-play is bad, lazy and repetitive. The combat throughout the game play is incredibly satisfying, in-depth, and I find it so addicting. Dynamic is keeping me thinking about different strategies and builds all the time, I am looking forward to Hard Mode, but I'm only in chapter 7

Edited by zachpicc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, zachpicc said:

I wouldn't say the game-play is bad, lazy and repetitive. The combat throughout the game play is incredibly satisfying, in-depth, and I find it so addicting. Dynamic is keeping me thinking about different strategies and builds all the time, I am looking forward to Hard Mode, but I'm only in chapter 5

See, I never really understood the praise the combat gets. I find it really easy? Like so much so that it is boring to me. I've had one game over and that was in the first few hours and everything after that has been just mindless attacking, rolling, using skills etc. I don't understand what people enjoy so much about the combat. It's just attack a bunch of times til you pressure/stagger them then you can kill them, rinse repeat. I think maybe if EXP and AP gained faster and there were fewer battles I wouldn't mind so much but the combat in Remake and Rebirth have both felt tedious to me because of the sheer volume of it. I never thought I'd think the old random battles were better but here we are lol. They at least were quicker to get through. A lot less tedious to me. I'm not finding Chapter 9 as boring (so far..) but that might quickly change...

• Like 1