Easiest MLB The Show trophy list to date?

damcrac5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

You jinxed it, now we'll likely get 10 separate DLC trophy lists.

Very possible. I know they are only having 4 of the NLB storylines at release and are releasing more individually in the weeks to come. 

Edited by damcrac5

3 hours ago, HellSpawn137 said:

Seems like making a diving catch might be the hardest trophy here if it's as finicky as the show 18's trophy for that was

I think you can better get a dive in retro mode?

19 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

sounds boostable wth 2 controllers or online

Don't believe it is because unless I'm doing something wrong, I haven't been able to get any trophies playing with two controllers in exhibition. 

does anyone know how to do the foul pole trophy, do I need to hit a groundrule double that hits it

Edited by lucky0ne16

4 hours ago, Rico3k said:

I hit a home run behind the pole and it unlocked.

thank you, i got it finally, i just need to learn how to do the diving for an out trophy, my timing must be super bad, did u know how to do that one

21 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

thank you, i got it finally, i just need to learn how to do the diving for an out trophy, my timing must be super bad, did u know how to do that one

Funnily enough. I've also been struggling with this. I've switched to retro mode and as I was running for the ball to dive, I accidentally switched players to the other fielder who was already diving at the same time and he caught the ball. Trophy popped haha

6 hours ago, Rico3k said:

Funnily enough. I've also been struggling with this. I've switched to retro mode and as I was running for the ball to dive, I accidentally switched players to the other fielder who was already diving at the same time and he caught the ball. Trophy popped haha

i got it like 5 times already, all i did was upgrade the players to 99 everything like speed and turn up the sliders for CPU for solid hits and timing and all star and ball was hit to me all the time lol, I got the trophy 3 times for myself and my friend, I waited till the ball was close to the ground and dived for it

On 3/14/2024 at 6:08 PM, luketheduke12 said:

I don't play this series, so I can't comment on the specifics of these trophies. But I don't consider an easy list lacking variety (what you seem to be describing) a "huge win for trophy hunters" broadly.

Being challenged is more fun to me. And so are incentives to experience all the game has to offer.

What I do applaud is the lack of online trophies, which will keep the list obtainable.

The lack of online trophies is arguably the reason this list lacks challenge. While there’s a few offline modes, they’re basically recycled and almost identical to previous years versions. The trophies are also recycled and also made even easier.

MLB is really designed as an online experience (Diamond Dynasty) imo. I’d say 80-90%+ of the “journey” for this game is via the numerous online campaigns, based on MLB history as well as current events, which are added and updated monthly, for almost a year. Completing them is incentivized by the player card rewards you can add to your roster collection, to make your online team more formidable for PvP, as you go thru the season.

Likely an unpopular opinion -- but since the bulk of this game's offerings are online based, that's where the trophies should be focused.

The trophy list difficulty doesn’t look challenging, I’d say 3/10. Any MLB The Show regular should breeze thru it easily. Most of the hard trophies will come down to luck, but still shouldn’t pose a huge problem.

Edited by B1rvine

• 2 weeks later...

It's such a relief to be able to play the game the way we want to. I'm only interested in franchise mode. For the past twelve years, I was forced to play a bunch of modes I didn't care about to unlock trophies before jumping into franchise.

Why the f*** would I want to play a boardgame inside a baseball game or open a bunch of card packs?

Thank you SDS, you finally got it right.

Play ball!

• Like 1