Masterclass trophy tied to dlc?

I was waiting to pop this game as my 100th plat and saved single eikon ability just to pop the last trophy. Tried few minutes ago to pop it and nothing.
Reseted and applied all abilities again and still nothing.

I would assume that leviathan abilities are tied to this trophy since its all feats and abilities.

Edit: installing earlier version of the game doesn't work because save and game version missmatch makes it impossible to load saves.

Edit2/sollutions?

If you haven't bought the dlc, use auto fill skills (hold L3) and trophy should pop, re-installing game before doing this might be mandatory.

If you have bought The dlc, fill all skills including dlc ones.

Edited by Slerbatus

19 minutes ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

What if you went back to 1.00?

That might work but need to test it bit later. I'll update once i get around it

5 minutes ago, iFraaN97 said:

Do you have the DLC installed?

It probably still pops right if you don’t own the season pass.

Haven't bought the seasonpass/DLC but latest patch is installed

I just finished installing unpatched version from disc but unfortunately it's not possible to load any of the saves.

"To Access saved data, the game must be updated to the latest version"

So your saved data has to match or be on lower patch than game data in order to load it 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, iFraaN97 said:

There's a bunch of recent trophy achievers and some of them haven't even started the DLC yet, tho.

They might've not installed the latest patch.

Playing from a disc and trying to pop the trophies will only work if you've played on 1.00 all along (or whatever version is included in the disc). If you were already playing on any of the patched versions from last year, you're out of luck. I'll be following this thread and the trophy guide will be updated accordingly.

• Like 1

That's weird, I remember I got this Trophy on my run on Final Fantasy Mode New Game Plus.

The Trophy  Most Worthy Vessel, you only need to upgrade Leviathan and Ultima to the max, I did on my Normal run, just reset all skills, then upgrade those 2 Eikons.

Hopefully they'll release a patch for Masterclass, it means more grinding if not.

Edited by Nitemares-----

Same happened to a friend today. All abilities mastered, but no trophy. An online research showed that you have to download the "The Rising Tide" DLC, start the game, forget one ability and learn it again. Then the trophy should pop (we could not try that, because we do not have the DLC). This would explain the recent Masterclass achievers not owning a single DLC trophy - the additional eikons are not required.

What we tried so far and what did NOT help:

• Forget one ability and master it again
  • Forget all abilities and master them again (edit: manually, without use of L3)
  • Uninstall the game, deactivate network connectivity and reinstall it from disc (savefile cannot be loaded with an old version)
  • Uninstall the game and reinstall it with all updates

I hope this will be fixed. It would be stupid to make a DLC mandatory for a basegame (platinum) trophy.

Edited by Nephirelle
  • Like 2

The following solution worked for me:

- Reset all skills

- Save the game

- Completely uninstall the game

- Reinstall the game with the update (without DLC)

- Load the saved game and learn all recommended skills at once.

After that, the Masterclass trophy popped up for me.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 8:30 PM, cinthia_mendes said:

The trophy popped for me today but just after I upgraded Leviathan skills too. Since I was going to get the dlc anyway it was not a huge deal for me. But the trophy didn't pop on the base game only and square need to fix this

Did you use auto fill? This might Be one of The two sollutions so far.

13 hours ago, MLokiW said:

The following solution worked for me:

- Reset all skills

- Save the game

- Completely uninstall the game

- Reinstall the game with the update (without DLC)

- Load the saved game and learn all recommended skills at once.

After that, the Masterclass trophy popped up for me.

I just loaded my usual save that i had the issue even after re-installing but this time I used auto fill and the trophy did pop.

Can't confirm If re-installing is mandatory or not.

If anyone else has success with auto fill do let us know.

The trophy just popped for me normally in my final fantasy playthrough the moment I upgraded the last skill I needed. I didn't even start the DLC but I do own the season pass and have both of them installed, so that might be a factor.

• Like 1

It only popped for me by using the L3 to get recommended abilities, if I acquired the skills manually it would not pop.

I don't have any DLC installed

Edited by Dargzol
  • Like 1

I can confirm the following steps work (no DLC downloaded or installed):

1. Remove all skills (by pressing and holding the touchpad)
  2. Equip recommended abilities (by pressing L3)

No further steps (reinstallation, intermediate save, etc.) required. In the steps I described in my previous post, we re-added the skills manually without using L3.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 11:51 AM, Nephirelle said:

I can confirm the following steps work (no DLC downloaded or installed):

1. Remove all skills (by pressing and holding the touchpad)
  2. Equip recommended abilities (by pressing L3)

No further steps (reinstallation, intermediate save, etc.) required. In the steps I described in my previous post, we re-added the skills manually without using L3.

Me too. Worked perfectly like you said!

Remove all skills and then equip all abilities at once didn't work for me and I tried multiple times. What I had to do was remove them all then save and close the game, then I reloaded my save and equipped all recommended abilities and that's what got it. Didn't need to reinstall the game or own the dlc