Its unnecessary to redo all side quests in hard mode.

Like if you want to actually max out everyone's folios you can, but if you just pick up the abilities like the free magic spells, limit breaks and team attacks, then master the weapon abilities this trophy will pop.

I just popped the trophy while redoing some of the side quests and I haven't even finished my hard mode pt yet. Just putting that out there

53 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Its not only for that, its to get Weapon Level 9, which might help in the last chapters on Hard or for Clouds Bonds of Friendship.

There are no manuscripts for Cloud on the hard mode side-quests.

I'd say Hard side-quests are unnecessary, unless you're really struggling on a certain Brutal/Legendary fight. I'd suggest doing Bonds of Friendship after you've done Hard mode and all other Legendary/Brutal fights, so that Cloud will have his level 9 Weapon.

• Like 1

You can get that Trophy without beating anything in Hard Mode, just reset skills, pick all abilities only and it should unlock, but I did do all Intel in each region, before I moved on to the next, during my main playthrough, so I had enough Manuscripts. You don't have to do any sidequests on Hard Mode for Trophies, I did them all for 100% Log, that's the completionist in me.

15 hours ago, Iker_01 said:

There are no manuscripts for Cloud on the hard mode side-quests.

I'd say Hard side-quests are unnecessary, unless you're really struggling on a certain Brutal/Legendary fight. I'd suggest doing Bonds of Friendship after you've done Hard mode and all other Legendary/Brutal fights, so that Cloud will have his level 9 Weapon.

I appreciate this. Finished brutal this morning and am working through the solos.  Was wondering how many side quests I'd need to get anyone to weap lvl 9, but apparently I don't need to based on my situation. 

To get from weapon level 9 to level 10 (maximum), you have to do all the legendary challenges as well as doing all the side quests on Hard. This is because the last manuscripts for each character are locked behind the legendary challenges. This means that by the time you get to weapon level 10 you will have already completed all the challenging combat-related content. It makes doing all the side quests on Hard a bit redundant. Just having each character at weapon level 9 is enough for the challenges.

38 minutes ago, SublimeHawk said:

To get from weapon level 9 to level 10 (maximum), you have to do all the legendary challenges as well as doing all the side quests on Hard. This is because the last manuscripts for each character are locked behind the legendary challenges. This means that by the time you get to weapon level 10 you will have already completed all the challenging combat-related content. It makes doing all the side quests on Hard a bit redundant. Just having each character at weapon level 9 is enough for the challenges.

Level 9 is the max.

While technically true, I've found doing the side quests on hard to be fairly quick and easy. I did them all my first playthrough and having the fast travel available really speeds this up. Most of the fights are relatively easy compared to the bosses so it's not nearly as taxing to get the extra manuscripts. But, if you just wanted to get through the hard mode playthrough as fast as possible, they are definitely skippable. I've been doing them again as I go since every little bit helps.