😺 Hidden Cats NY Reviews and thoughts 😺

I really liked this one.

Loads of hidden cats (some quite tricky) are strewn about the New York landscape. The hand-drawn city is filled with easter eggs from films like Ghostbusters, Coming to America, Crocodile Dundee and Home Alone. There's more dynamic background elements in this game then the previous titles in the series, which helps make the scenes feel more alive.

If you enjoy hidden object games, cats, or you're just a fan of smooth jazz, I think everyone would enjoy this one. It releases Thursday, April 25th 2024.

Hidden Cats in New York - PlayStation Store

Thanks again, @Leesider and Silesia Games for the review code.

• Like 3

Our cheeky felines are back. This time, they've crossed the ocean to hide in the Big Apple. While the recipe remains the same (search for cats hidden in different settings), this episode goes a little further: 
- the clever principle of zones that change color when all the cats have been found is retained (introduced in London episode). 
- Thanks to the bonus levels, the number of cats to be found is significant (700+). 
- Difficulty is well balanced (hints are useless)
- humor is omnipresent, with plenty of references to mythical films

if you like this kind of games, this one is recommended for its 2-3h of fun and its shiny platinum trophy.

• Like 2

Me and my partner enjoyed playing this over the course of the last two evenings. It’s very similar to the London episode so if you played that previously it works pretty much the same.

Very nice chill game and recommend picking it up if you’re into any of the others in the series, or just fancy something a bit relaxing and not too hard (although saying that we had difficulty finding one or two of the kitties on the bonus levels!)

Big thanks to @Leesider for a code for the game ☺️

• Like 2

I haven't played Hidden Cats in London yet, so a few things probably present in London were new to me in New York, since they weren't in Castle and Buildings yet :D

I loved the way the picture got color when you found all cats in a specific area! That helped a lot in the big main level, and it was satisfying to slowly complete the city. I also enjoyed finding the references to games/movies/comics etc. again, that was something I really liked in previous games as well 😁
The movement hints indicating a hidden cat were a nice gesture. And the music was relaxing and nice to listen to while finding those sneeky felines 👌

The only negative thing I could mention is, that I liked the uniqueness of the cats in Building and Castle more, many cats in this game look similar. But this is only a small thing and doesn't make the game bad!

All in all, a beautiful short and relaxing game! But I expected nothing less :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I haven't played Hidden Cats in London yet, so a few things probably present in London were new to me in New York, since they weren't in Castle and Buildings yet :D

Btw, Building.. and Castle.. are from a different Dev Studio. London, New York and the next ones (few of them still to be released this year!) are from Nukearts.

But yeah, same publisher, same theme, so I can understand the confusion ;) 

8 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Btw, Building.. and Castle.. are from a different Dev Studio. London, New York and the next ones (few of them still to be released this year!) are from Nukearts.

But yeah, same publisher, same theme, so I can understand the confusion ;) 

Oh, I just assumed they were from the same devs because, like you said, same theme and gameplay!
Well then, my comparisons are based on Building and Castle, so they aren't really suitable in this case - but the game is nevertheless great! 👌

Wait, is this Geometric Sniper but with cats and in color? Sold!

On 4/21/2024 at 9:05 PM, Helyx said:

If you enjoy hidden object games, cats, or you're just a fan of smooth jazz

Well... Sold x3!

Bonus: If the game images keep their style, this series could become a no-brainer for @DrBloodmoney's Kaleidoscope challenge. 😅 

• Like 2