Trophy Thoughts

TugaCruz

My main concern is how long this will last before it closes. Will it be like NBA, where nearly everything is unplayable, or like WWE where only one mode is affected? Both PGA Tours are still up, so it could always go down that route instead.

As expected from a 2K game => horrible online trophies. I played Top Spin 4 and the online is what held me back from earning the platinum. It's a shame, because else this game would be a instant buy for me. But i'm going to let it pass, sadly. I'm telling you now that it will not be long before the online will be dominated by people who only play this tennis game. 

Edited by NTGSruler

A few tough ones. I hope all of the trophies aren’t ’Online Only’ though.

1 hour ago, shipper321 said:

My main concern is how long this will last before it closes. Will it be like NBA, where nearly everything is unplayable, or like WWE where only one mode is affected? Both PGA Tours are still up, so it could always go down that route instead.

December 2026 I read in their official Reddit page.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Admus_Prime said:

Only one online trophy? Or am I correct?

I reckon the 2k tour mode is online, but that’s just an assumption, don’t really see win x amount in a specific mode unless it’s online

edit: seems like it’s offline and online after a google search

Edited by DanTheMan_94_

2 hours ago, shipper321 said:

If I was you, I would get the online trophies first before doing anything else and not wait til the last minute to try and find someone to help get that online trophy.

50 minutes ago, Admus_Prime said:

Only one online trophy? Or am I correct?

Looks that way and if that’s the case the sooner we get it the better.

My question is once we get to a certain point for our character can we change the settings to hard to get the hard trophies.

3 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

Deleted it from my wishlist. It`s fine i save the 60 bucks for something else ^^. 

And you`l miss a great game (of course, if you love tennis games) because of trophies? 

Nah...

World Tour is online mode, so there is a bunch of online trophies, but lot easier that was in Top Spin 4.

Its still skill dependant (  Win 2 different tournaments in a single World Tour week ), but TS4 was harder (win Grand Slam and reach Grade 15).

Can`t wait for release, i will play this for years.

Edited by Tuhy_Marko
  • Like 3

No private online matches at launch is the killer for me. A friend and I were looking forward to playing this during our gaming/drinking nights. I'll pick it up when the feature is added and there's a sale which probably won't be long knowing 2k sports games. 

• Like 1

List looks pretty difficult with the online wins. I guess it will be like UFC 5, in the beginning a lot of casuals play online while later on, only the try- and diehard tennis/topspin fans still remain online making it very difficult to get these trophies. I would advice to get the online trophies asap or wait for a discount so people will buy it and a lot of newer players join the online mode. 7 ATP players is a joke. They said they will add new players overtime so going to wait for a bigger roster and consequently a discount. 2K is never handing out free platinums that's for sure 😁

Looks day one to me. I don't have problems with the trophies but I too have a problem with the price tag especially with the grand slam version (like six courts and costumes cost 39.99?????? and grand slam version 119?). I told myself if they threw in any physical collectibles like a steelbook I would have bought it.

Now I hope the DCLs or any possible transactions have no impact on getting any of the trophies. Top spin 4 was a blast I got the online trophies done the first week so I was lucky. This is still better than topspin4 it does not require you to win an online tournament or something. So it's very doable plus it might be boostable. 

I was playing midnight suns. The fact that 2k had one of the last DLC trophies require you to complete all missions from other paid DLCs is beyond my understanding. It's against Sony policy isn't it that trophies are only tied to the paid content with the purchase alone? So can't say we are safe with this one when it comes to 2K. 

16 hours ago, Admus_Prime said:

Online explorer.

I've no idea if any of the others are online based? 

Yes. The tournament win in World Tour, winning 10 matches with male/female player, win a 2k Tournament + 30 wins in 2K tour. Also playing with all featured players in 2K tour.

Many online trophies sadly enough.

22 hours ago, Tuhy_Marko said:

And you`l miss a great game (of course, if you love tennis games) because of trophies? 

Nah...

World Tour is online mode, so there is a bunch of online trophies, but lot easier that was in Top Spin 4.

Its still skill dependant (  Win 2 different tournaments in a single World Tour week ), but TS4 was harder (win Grand Slam and reach Grade 15).

Can`t wait for release, i will play this for years.

No, the reason for my pass on this game aren`t trophies ( it`s an additional rather small factor but not the main reason ). 

The main reason for me skipping this game is the huge price tag at first plus the usual 2k bullshit of short server runtime. It´s something i won`t support at all. Everything feels so wrong here. Are we really living in times where vide game consumers think it`s okay to pay for a product that has an expiration date actually BEFORE the product is released?  I can`t answer this question for others but I can answer it for myself and my answer is no. 

Huge disappointment as i do love Tennis games and i think i am quite decent in this genre ( I grew uo with Super Tennis on Famicon and played all Virtua Tennis games plus the early Top Spin on PC so i know what i am talking about. I was super hyped when i realized they will release a new Top Spin, but maybe the aera of Tennis games ist just over. 2K can go to hell i really hope this company will have a downfall one day from all the broken greedy companies out there, 2K plays in the top tier 4 sure. 

I don`t want to be fun stopper here and i really hope all of you who buy this game will have a great time.

• Like 1

@DavySuicide

I fully agree with your opinion.

It's the same with 2k NBA. Every year they shut down the servers, only to force people to buy the next game. Tie that with unobtainable online trophies, and you have a formula that i'm not behind.

Sadly there is a huge market for this kind of games. NBA, FIFA, NHL.. People buy those games every year again and again.

I wouldn't be surprised if from now on, we'll see a yearly 2k Top Spin game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

The main reason for me skipping this game is the huge price tag at first plus the usual 2k bullshit of short server runtime

Aha...my bad. I apologize for misunderstanding you 😊.

I also don`t like anything about microtransactions and "season pass" in this game, but, its been 12-13 years from last Top Spin game... i can (and i will) pass over some things if some other (like gameplay and online) will be satisfactory. It's not rational thinking and i know that, in that way, i support greedy publishers but TS games were always my guilty pleasure :D

Btw, i don`t think that 2K will shut down servers for this game in some recent future.

Edited by Tuhy_Marko
  • Like 1

I'm not a big trophy hunter but if I was a business owner producing a videogame and my employees came to me and showed that they made a trophy list that had online trophies in a game that had an expiration date I would terminate their employment instantly and blacklist them in the industry by any means necessary.

Not all heroes wear capes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Tuhy_Marko said:

Aha...my bad. I apologize for misunderstanding you 😊.

I also don`t like anything about microtransactions and "season pass" in this game, but, its been 12-13 years from last Top Spin game... i can (and i will) pass over some things if some other (like gameplay and online) will be satisfactory. It's not rational thinking and i know that, in this way, i support greedy publishers but TS games ware always my guilty pleasure :D

Btw, i don`t think that 2K will shut down servers for this game in some recent future.

No worries man, my post was a bit misleading, granted. I would never put trophies over good games, i do buy games for Switch and also buy 100% games. I just think a platinum is a good additional argument for a purchase.  

And yeah it really is super sad because the world hasn`t seen a good Tennis game in a decade ( i actually platted Virtua Tennis 4 last year on ps3 and had a blast with it ) So a good Tennis game is long overdue and I think Top Spin 4 has the right formula and what it takes to deliver it just comes with a huge downer with companies such as 2K. 

I really hope you have a great time with it and let`s talk again in two years and we will see if the game is still online :D haha

• Like 2