Recover save files

Hi guys,

probably I already know the (bad) answer, but, you are the most expert to give me the bad news, so let's try...

Long time ago I played a digital version of a game on my PS Vita, I downloaded it with PS Plus. Now, that version is no longer accessible due to I'm not member of PS Plus in this moment.

I found the same game in a physical edition because I want to finish the trophy list and take the platinum, the question is: there's no way to recover my previous save files right? I have to start from scratch?

Thanks 

33 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Your cloud saves are gone forever once your PS Plus subscription has lapsed by 6 months or more

Is this true only for Vita? I have a friend who gets PS+ maybe one month a year and his saves are always intact (PS3/PS4).

You can view all your cloud saves via the Content Manager app. The only way you'd be able to recover that save is if it is still in the cloud. Of course, checking the status of your saves also requires PS+.

All things considered, it does seem pretty unlikely that you could still gain access to the saves.

• Like 1

The problem is not that the saves are in the cloud, I have all locally on my PS Vita, but, if I understand well, PS Vita store the saves in the same file of the game. If I reactive the PS Plus I find the local saves for the digital version but there is not a way to make a backup of that to use them in physical version.

Also with physical game the saves are in some way locked with the game cartridge and not in the SD memory

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Your cloud saves are gone forever once your PS Plus subscription has lapsed by 6 months or more so unfortunately, you will have to restart from scratch :(.

interesting, I didn't know about this purge policy :(

38 minutes ago, Microst88 said:

The problem is not that the saves are in the cloud, I have all locally on my PS Vita, but, if I understand well, PS Vita store the saves in the same file of the game. If I reactive the PS Plus I find the local saves for the digital version but there is not a way to make a backup of that to use them in physical version.

Also with physical game the saves are in some way locked with the game cartridge and not in the SD memory

interesting, I didn't know about this purge policy :(

You can backup saves from the Vita (either digital or psyhical) via the mehod listed in the below link, i've been doing this for years with no issues.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ps-vita-general-advice-thread-part-3-veni-vidi-vita.466654/page-369#post-39681435

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

You can backup saves from the Vita (either digital or psyhical) via the mehod listed in the below link, i've been doing this for years with no issues.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ps-vita-general-advice-thread-part-3-veni-vidi-vita.466654/page-369#post-39681435

Thanks Martain2, I'll try to follow the guide, because I already try to make a backup to PS3 but there is only one file and obviously didn't work

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

Is this true only for Vita? I have a friend who gets PS+ maybe one month a year and his saves are always intact (PS3/PS4).

Maybe Sony Changed something then, because I was always told your PS Plus Cloud saves are toast after a few months with no active subscription 🤔.

4 hours ago, Helyx said:

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Maybe Sony Changed something then, because I was always told your PS Plus Cloud saves are toast after a few months with no active subscription 🤔.

I've heard both sides of this and I have no idea which is true.  I don't know for sure, because I've been consistently subbed since I started in 2012, but would like to know as it's getting to the point more and more where I may stop subbing (it's too expensive for Essential). $80 that could have went towards multiple games and instead I'm putting it to a subscription service I'm basically keeping around for cloud saves and to not lose access to the near 800 game library I built up since 2012. Frankly I'd much rather sub for a month once every 6 months just to keep them alive if that's the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

An official statement from Sony declares 6 months to be the cut-off, but I've witnessed friends renew PS+ after 2 years and their saves were still intact.

Has there been any confirmed instances of save files actually being erased due to a lapse in subscription?

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 4:06 PM, Martain2 said:

Little update about this topic... unfortunately the game in scope (Ninja gaiden sigma plus), in the physical version, srore the saves only on cartridge and not on the memorz of the ps vita, so, I'm not able to make a copy of the game via content manager in order to put inside the old saves file backuped

On 4/26/2024 at 2:33 PM, Helyx said:

An official statement from Sony declares 6 months to be the cut-off, but I've witnessed friends renew PS+ after 2 years and their saves were still intact.

Has there been any confirmed instances of save files actually being erased due to a lapse in subscription?

I've definitely have gone longer than 2 years with no PS Plus subscription and all my saves were intact from when I last uploaded. The period when I didn't have a PS Plus sub was from mid 2017 to mid 2019.

• Like 1