Best way to 100%?

Currently slowly playing through the main campaign (very fun game) and having had a slight glance at the trophies and collectibles, wondering is the best way to 100% this going to be a blind playthrough then collectibles on NG+? 

The game is still new so there's not too much info but the collectibles (cans, camps, etc) all seem to be missable along with the right/wrong endings. Don't want to go digging around for spoilers, but anyone working towards the platinum, how are you finding navigating this straightforward yet odd list? 

Do what you enjoy. I enjoy exploring and looking for the collectibles so I'm going to do everything I can before the point of return, review some online resources for stuff I might have missed at that point, after which I'll beat the game for the ending that requires a lot of collectibles.

Then NG+ two more times for the other two endings and DLC trophies. The list is pretty straightforward really.

You could also just beat the game, then do collectibles in NG+. Cloud save scumming would also save another playthrough for the third ending if that's what you want to indulge in.

Either way, the list is pretty casual, and does'n require all collectibles or anything. Even the ending that requires you to max out the collectible percentage thingy does not require nearly all of them.

• Like 1

If you continue, what you are doing  you might need 3 playthroughs as your NG+ is best done on minimal effort to get one of the endings that needs Lilly affection to be below 100%.
So my advice would be for blind play. do everything, explore as much as you can, do all side quests, and after last 2 areas check some numbers (mostly camps, enemies entries) do then save backup and get 2 endings. and after in NG+ do cleanup and rush till end to get final ending trophy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Beat game with 100% ending

Start ng+ with that save

Back up at last camp in ng+

Beat ng+ game with under 100% ending

Reload that backup, then beat game with refuse option.

Edited by PrimeTimePaladin

8 hours ago, PrimeTimePaladin said:

More specifically. If you want a 100% save in the end on top of the trophies.

Beat game with 100% ending

Start ng+ with that save

Back up at last camp in ng+

Beat ng+ game with under 100% ending

Reload that backup, then beat game with refuse option.

I think this is the best way to do it for all entries and to give yourself more to look forward to in ng+.

Can you still do NG+ on story difficulty? How do you back up the save? Using the cloud save feature? 

On 5/2/2024 at 8:06 AM, Skalesandfang101 said:

Currently slowly playing through the main campaign (very fun game) and having had a slight glance at the trophies and collectibles, wondering is the best way to 100% this going to be a blind playthrough then collectibles on NG+? 

The game is still new so there's not too much info but the collectibles (cans, camps, etc) all seem to be missable along with the right/wrong endings. Don't want to go digging around for spoilers, but anyone working towards the platinum, how are you finding navigating this straightforward yet odd list? 

I'm in the same boat. Don't wanna look at any spoilers (already got accidentally spoiled for one of the boss fights ☹️) so will just 100% what I can and whatever will be will be.

Then NG+ I'll do any remaining trophies with a guide. Apparently there's no manual saves which is... dumb.

On 5/4/2024 at 3:49 PM, akaTeh1337 said:

Can you still do NG+ on story difficulty? How do you back up the save? Using the cloud save feature? 

Yeah you can choose difficulty again. And yeah back up in cloud. Make sure auto backup is off.

Without spoilers where's the point of no return at to back up the save for the choice?

Is it pretty obvious where the final camp is? Like some cutscene or something that mentions "welp this is the end" or something? I've been a bit apprehensive to look it up

8 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Is it pretty obvious where the final camp is? Like some cutscene or something that mentions "welp this is the end" or something? I've been a bit apprehensive to look it up

It will be pretty obvious, but when you sit at it Eve will say something like "Sure feels like our last camp".

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Without spoilers where's the point of no return at to back up the save for the choice?

Even if you somehow missed it, you can just quit out of the final boss fight and you'll load back at your previous rest location. The boss fight only saves the choice you had made if you die on it and choose to respawn. But as long as you don't do that, your last rest point will be at the last place you rested at. That also means that if you beat the final boss without dying, or just exit the game when you die, you don't need to do a PS+ backup at all, as you can simply continue your game at the last camp even after beating it.

Doing it without the PS+ backup means you can also get things like data log entries from both ending choices on the same save file, as your autosave prior to the end boss fight choice actually gets updated with all the stuff you unlocked after making the choice. Just wanted to throw that out there since people might care about that sort of thing.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 3:59 AM, Sn1per666999 said:

If I beat the game without getting all the beta and body cores will they all respawn in NG+ or just the ones I missed?

They all respawn and you keep your progress so no need to comb the world for any you missed in NG. 

I missed the trophy for Kaya's side quest and the related enemy data in NG somehow so I'm wondering if anybody knows how much that adds to the "Lily meter" as I need the ending for it being below 100%. Planning on making a backup save to the cloud before doing any of her quests in NG+ to be safe.

EDIT: The Kaya quests do not add to the "Lily meter".

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1