Is YouTube Premium Worth The Cost?

Posted (edited)

I am contemplating this as well. I don't know man, on the one hand it would be such a welcome change to not have ads since I mostly watch on my TV in the living room.

On the other hand, I feel like a little bitch when paying for a "feature" that google sucessfully introduced with 50 second ads every 3 minutes.

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 1

there's plenty of guides online, about how you can buy and set up a little box, add it to your router's device list, and it gives you network level adblock, preventing ads on everything even amazon kindle tablets for your kids or whatever.

• Like 1

I mainly use Youtube on my smart TV or over PS4/5, I am pretty sure that I cant have an addblock on consoles so I ended up getting YT premium.

It does have some quality of life improvements, but ADS being removed is the main good thing.

Also I think creators get extra money if a person with premium watches their vids if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

I had it for a while so that I could listen to podcasts when I was driving or working. It crashed a lot on 3 different phones I had, so if you're planning to use it mostly on your phone, I wouldn't do it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

there's plenty of guides online, about how you can buy and set up a little box, add it to your router's device list, and it gives you network level adblock, preventing ads on everything even amazon kindle tablets for your kids or whatever.

This is a great idea, thanks. But I really don't want or need any more devices.

I just need to know how do I stop ads while watching YouTube on my 4K TV while in my Google account.

Is there a way? I don't get ads while on my Laptop. 

I've been using the premium family plan for a few years now. I mostly use it for the youtube music app and it has been well worth it in my opinion. I haven't had any issues with the app crashing or anything. I listen to music probably 6-8 hours a day so I think I'm getting my money's worth from it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I have another question. How do I use ad-blocker with my YouTube on my 4K TV?

If you have a TV based on Android TV, there's SmartTube, it requires a few hiccups like using a USB to install the APK 

• Like 1