"Social Lubricant" and "Traced" easy solutions

Stay-Pationt

Hi guys

From what I had read initially about these 2 trophies I was worried about getting them done but by combining some advice I found online with some ideas I came up with myself I completed both trophies with ease. Here is how to give you guys some help if you're struggling.

Social Lubricant

First off what I found helpful on the harder levels was to make a note or a visual diagram of each round on a piece of paper so that if I failed that level I would know exactly what was coming when I attempted it again. I didn't need to use this that much due to doing most of levels first try using my methods below but it was certainly helpful at times especially with some of the later button prompt ones on the extreme drinking game. To help you with this here is a video I found (not my video) that shows the final 5 or 6 levels of the extreme (Pawnee) drinking game. 

You can run this at quarter speed and write down things like what order the buttons are in on the ones that require several buttons in a row, also you can take note of what button is represented by each question mark and which buttons the changing icons swap between. All of this can help you be prepared for each round so you know exactly what you need to do before starting. And rememeber you can pause for as long as you need to at any time.

Now onto the main tips...

For the analog stick rounds that require both sticks being used get a second player to hold the left stick while you hold the righ (or vice versa depending on whether you're right or left handed etc.) This makes it sooo easy. Some people struggle to find someone capable of doing it but I did it with my brother who doesn't really play video games so although they need a steady-ish hand they don't need to be an actual gamer. Honestly I can't stress how easy it was with both of us doing it. I simply started the round and if 2 analog sticks showed up I paused and got him on the other stick. Each round is done in seconds doing it like this.

And lastly another extremely helpful tip that we discovered while doing this together, specifically for the rounds that give the most people a problem. It's so simple but so effective. When the analog stick is upside down and back to front, another words all your inputs are opposite, turn your controller upside down. Trust me it makes all the inputs as they should be again. And due to the fact that they expect you to be compensating for everything being opposite they don't have the circle jerking around the screen as much as normal meaning that with the controller inputs as they should be (up is up, right is right etc) they become the easiest rounds of all. You'll see. One important thing to remember though is to use the correct analog stick. If it's the right analog stick and you have the controller upside down it's now the left one. It's an obvious thing to point out but you'd be surprised what your brain forgets when you're doing a stressful trophy.

Anyway good luck with that one and I hope my tips can help.

Traced

Getting tailed is a subject of contention and confusion on Watch Dogs. Everyone's opinion of how it works differs. But here is how to get it out the way easily, so long as you don't mind losing your online unlocks. I'll lay it out in steps to make it easy to follow.

1. Go to options then online and disable online hacking then turn it back on again. This will lose your online unlocks and level/reputation (or whatever the online equivalent is called, I forget.) You will keep your count of tails, online hacks, races etc though so if you are only going for trophies online and don't plan on carrying on playing it once you have them all then simply go ahead and follow this step with no concerns.

2. With online hacking turned back on and your online reputation reset tail someone yourself. I don't think it matters whether you succeed or not but if you want to get this done quickly feel free to run up to the person you are tailing to make yourself known and let them kill you. One thing to do here as well is take a note of the name of the person you are tailing. Why this is will become apparent in step 4.

3. Carry on playing the game only doing things that don't count as missions. So things like location Check-In's, Privacy Invasions, QR Codes and ctOS Towers are fine I think. Just don't do any ctOS Breaches, Fixer Contract or Main Missions etc because while doing these you cannot get tailed. If you want to just drive/walk around hacking that's fine but I think it might work best if you are active, not idle. It won't be long before someone tails you because while your online reputation is low the game usually sends someone to tail you very soon after you have tailed someone yourself. To find out if and when you have been tailed go onto the next step.

4. Every now and again go to your friends section on the XMB of the PS4/PS3 and go to players met. Here it will tell you who you have "played with" most recently on Watch Dogs and it will tell you whether you "met" that person during a tail or a hack. Here is why you needed to take note of the name of the person you tailed in step 2. Any person that you met during a tail since the person who you tailed is obviously someone who has tailed you. As soon as you see that someone has tailed you in the players met section then simply follow all the steps again from step 1 to get your next tail done until you have all 5.

On paper it looks like a long process but it's really not at all, I just wanted to explain it thoroughly. You should have the Traced trophy in no time at all using this method. Much quicker than just waiting for it to happen naturally because it seems to happen less and less when you are a higher level online. 

I hope the info/methods I have provided for these 2 potentially frustrating trophies can be of a help to at least someone. I wish you all the best in your journey to your next PS4 platinum :)

Cheers Guys

Stay-Pationt

• Like 2

Resetting your online notoriety rarely works, I just get invaded, not tailed. Another trophy like AC4's Sharing is Caring that has stupid requirements that aren't even hard - just buggy.

Are people really having trouble with the inverted parts of the drinking game? They only show up once or twice. You can switch your X and Y axis in the menu if you're having that much trouble with it. For the double reticule ones, don't go cross eyed trying to do it, get them both inside their circles, and let your brain take care of one while you focus on another.

I don't see why it is relevant to take note of who you have tailed yourself, as participating in MP increases the chances of being invaded and 9 out of 10 times I'm being hacked, not tailed

Taking note of who you tailed means that when you look in your "players met" list and see that you have met someone on Watch Dogs and it states that it was through tailing you know that someone tailed you if the name isn't the name of the guy that you tailed. Because in that list it shows people you tailed and people that tailed you. So if you look and think "great someone has tailed me" but it's actually just the guy that you tailed then you can't tell which is which, if that makes sense. And if it feels like you are getting hacked a lot but not tailed remember it doesn't neccessarily notify you when you get tailed hence the advice to use the players met on the XMB to check whether you have. Just follow the steps and it should help. I got tailed almost straight away every time I went through that process. You just have to keep checking "players met" otherwise you won't know it's happened.

Resetting your online notoriety rarely works, I just get invaded, not tailed. Another trophy like AC4's Sharing is Caring that has stupid requirements that aren't even hard - just buggy.

Are people really having trouble with the inverted parts of the drinking game? They only show up once or twice. You can switch your X and Y axis in the menu if you're having that much trouble with it. For the double reticule ones, don't go cross eyed trying to do it, get them both inside their circles, and let your brain take care of one while you focus on another.

Shame if it doesn't work for you but do remember to tail someone after resetting so the game sends someone tail you in retaliation. I think it's like an introduction into how the online works or something, giving you a taste of each aspect. That's why it only works after resetting and why you need to tail someone first. It wants you to see tailing from the tailers point of you before being on the receiving end.

I tried the inversion thing but didn't work so must have been patched or something. I didn't find the inverted ones hard but I know a lot of people do so I tried the upside down controller thing and it made it incredibly easy :) And separating your brain from yourself, wow thats some super ppower you have their ;) lol. I do know what you mean but for those that struggle doing it legit I thought I'd outline a fool proof way of making it a tonne easier.

Edited by Stay-Pationt

As it turns out this was the only way I was getting traced at all. Before this I had done 20 tails consecutively and had gotten nothing until i reset the online options. It's as if the tail is tied to 0 notoriety. It's how I finally got the trophy to pop.

I don't see why it is relevant to take note of who you have tailed yourself, as participating in MP increases the chances of being invaded and 9 out of 10 times I'm being hacked, not tailed

Taking note of who tails you in players met legs you know how many more times you have to get tailed before you get the trophy. In theory the traces should happen after active participation, in application this not the case at least in my experience.

As it turns out this was the only way I was getting traced at all. Before this I had done 20 tails consecutively and had gotten nothing until i reset the online options. It's as if the tail is tied to 0 notoriety. It's how I finally got the trophy to pop.

Taking note of who tails you in players met legs you know how many more times you have to get tailed before you get the trophy. In theory the traces should happen after active participation, in application this not the case at least in my experience.

Ah I see what you mean now. The last few days I get notified whenever someone successfully tailed me unlike before. Thanks for the tips though

Edit: woops I thought I quoted the OP

Edited by Goekie

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After tailing and enemy fixer, stay still for a minute or two and request a new target for tailing. If you are being invaded by an enemy fixer, the game will show it to explain why you cannot ask for a new target. So by doing this you can see if you are being tailed.

After hacking or tailing a target you are almost always immediately invaded. The thing is people usually get in a car and split, accidentally evading the invisible enemy fixer.

damn. even resetting notoriety to 0 doesn't help me at all.

it's like most of the people i tail, whether it's a fail or a success, I don't think they're getting a prompt with the retaliation.

EDIT: Looks like one of my friend's tailed me, though it's weird coz I never got any warning that someone was in my game.

Edited by ipot_04

damn. even resetting notoriety to 0 doesn't help me at all.

it's like most of the people i tail, whether it's a fail or a success, I don't think they're getting a prompt with the retaliation.

EDIT: Looks like one of my friend's tailed me, though it's weird coz I never got any warning that someone was in my game.

When u get traced usually u wont get notified because there was at one point i was never notified that i was being traced.

When you hack or tail someone, after that wait a few minute and pause the game every now and then. When youre in the pause-screen and you see the background moving, then you know someone is in your game. When it's the case then just stop and do nothing. If someone is tailing you there will be no any notification for that, just wait a while and then the blue loading thing comes on the left side of the screen. That's the mark when you know someone tailed you and game is saving progress. I did it this way and it worked pretty good. Just remember to hack or tail first and then wait few minutes.

I just did social lubricant earlier in 1 hour. They really nerfed it, it is a bronze now. I didn't even had a hard with any of them. Anyone like me who didn't want to go through the headache of a bronze trophy like this one, you can do it no prob now.

• 2 weeks later...

For "Traced", I did a random online activity, such as following another player. Once you do that and return to your normal game, give it about a minute or so and pause the game. If the environment continues to move even though the game is paused, it means someone is in your game, whether it be hacking you or following you. Participating in online activities seems to increase the chances of getting another player to join you, so just keep doing this and you should eventually get it.

For "Social Lubricant", all of the QTE ones were no problem for me as, after a while of trying, it becomes almost muscle memory. The L R ones, however, do prove a problem later on. If you do find one you really cannot do, usually the ones where both sticks are inverted, get a second person and each of you control one stick. Makes it so much easier.

Drinking game has been nerfed to the ground. Did need to use the 2 person technique for some of the 2 two stick ones, especially when the left and right crossed over.

They said u can if the first option to where we cant do it by ourselves. cause I have no one to literally help me with this trophy. i dont get wat does drinking got to do with hacking.

• 2 weeks later...

I think social lubricant is perfect as of now. I tried it at release date and it drain the fun out of it real fast. Now it's a little more fun. The trophy still takes about an hours and half if you don't fail. I got it 2 hours after the patch without losing once, it made a huge difference. You should have no problem getting it.