Downloading error, please help!

AssassinShadow56

Hello there. I have a problem, I tried to download TEKKEN REVOLUTION (Sorry for caps but it's how the game is called) because it was free. Now, when I tried to download it, it said: "There's no space left in the storage". The game is 1,9GB, I have 2,3GBs left!

If someone says what's wrong, then I will be happy :)

Hey there. I'd assume its to do with the amount of memory you have left, as the system needs to have enough space to store the installation files for the game (what you downloaded) and have enough space to actually install the game too 1.9GB. Its because once the game gets installed, thats when the installation files get deleted. Hope this makes sense, just free up some more space.

For any game you download, you need twice the install size for it to actually install.

Oh, well, I can't seem to delete anything... Why did I pick a 12 GB? :(

Yes, skateak is right, I think. You need some work space on your HDD temporarily for installation. I think this is written somewhere in PS Store.

Problem: I can't seem to delete anything, unless I can delete AC4BF and then download the game and then download AC4BF's game utility, but I am afraid that it won't be able to download the game utility and it will be, well, worthless. To say the least.

You should get a external hard drive for your ps3, they aren't that expensive any more.

That won't help.

Buy a new internal HDD and replace it.

And yes, you Need double the space of the install.

Oh, well, I can't seem to delete anything... Why did I pick a 12 GB? :(

Problem: I can't seem to delete anything, unless I can delete AC4BF and then download the game and then download AC4BF's game utility, but I am afraid that it won't be able to download the game utility and it will be, well, worthless. To say the least.

Anything under "Game Data Utility" should not effect your game save. It is install and/or patch data. Don't delete anything under "Save Data Utility" though. What GB is your hard drive? 

Edited by skateak

Anything under "Game Data Utility" should not effect your game save. It is install and/or patch data. Don't delete anything under "Save Data Utility" though. What GB is your hard drive? 

Yeah, but huge games like AC4BF (I tend to call it huge but in fact, to games like GTA V it's just another game) take so long to download and get the patches. My Hard drive is a 12GB version, which was already said :P

You should get a external hard drive for your ps3, they aren't that expensive any more.

Thinking in getting 1TB or 500GB Hard drive, any idea how much do both cust? Or any place where can I buy them in a cheap and legit website?

Yeah, but huge games like AC4BF (I tend to call it huge but in fact, to games like GTA V it's just another game) take so long to download and get the patches. My Hard drive is a 12GB version, which was already said :P

Thinking in getting 1TB or 500GB Hard drive, any idea how much do both cust? Or any place where can I buy them in a cheap and legit website?

Ah didn't see you said 12GB. I don't know what kind of currency you use but it's around $50 for a 500GB and $80 for 1TB. I reccomened this one if they ship to where you are located. http://www.amazon.com/WD-Blue-Mobile-Hard-Drive/dp/B005DVJJWQ  Another good site is http://www.newegg.com/

Well, it will take a while for me to get the 500GB or 1TB one, I read somewhere that 1TB+ was in amazon for 14€ (Probably read wrong, because there is no such thing for such low price).

About... next year (Insert "not sure" here), since it will take a while for me to get enough money to get any of these Hard Drives. Do they work for the Slim (or super slim I have no Idea)?

Well, it will take a while for me to get the 500GB or 1TB one, I read somewhere that 1TB+ was in amazon for 14€ (Probably read wrong, because there is no such thing for such low price).

About... next year (Insert "not sure" here), since it will take a while for me to get enough money to get any of these Hard Drives. Do they work for the Slim (or super slim I have no Idea)

As long as it is Sata 2.5, it will fit in any PS3. Phat, Slim or Super Slim.

• 4 months later...